Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: The Terminator (Discussion for all films in the series)

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

At any rate, its nice to have the one shot Terminator killer now

Did they have those in the future? Very helpful.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Citizen of Gilead CPU is on a distinguished road CPU's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I thought the pilot was OK, but I have a Summer Glau fetish so I'm probably biased

[rant]
    The escape to the future bit bugged me a little. How many freaking cyborgs are time-tripping? Is the time tech so buggy (and it apparently worked perfectly for the escape) that they can't get to the destination time they want? If it works as well as it did for them last night why the hell did an engineer need to travel to 1963 to build it into a bank? Also, I always thought that John Conner gained control of the time-travel equipment after he defeated Skynet - which would seem to indicate that Skynet would not be able to send any more Terminators into the past after that point. That being the case why wouldn't the protector units he sends back to protect himself just move him to a time that Skynet hadn't sent assasain unit to? And one more thing ( ), beyond the obvious of course, why is Kyle Reese the only human that was sent back?

[/rant]

I'll probably watch it again tonight though

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    We're going back to the old terminators after the liquid bot in the 2nd movie, idiotic.
    The T-1000 was only a prototype. Perhaps Skynet 'decided' to not go forward with mass production after it's failure to eliminate John Connor. It was also mentioned in the comics (which some consider to be canon) that there were two prototypes made: the one from T2, and one sent to infiltrate the human resistance...perhaps T4 will shed some light on this?

As for the show itself : I wasn't too impressed with the show, although it is only the first episode and we shouldn't be too hasty to bury this yet. Hopefully tonight's episode steps it up a notch.

Citizen of Gilead CPU is on a distinguished road CPU's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oh, and one more thing ..
    If the future can't be changed (T3, etc) Skynet should have realized this and defeated the Conners by not sending the original Terminator back..

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

but their defence grid was smashed... the humans had won (according to Reese in T1)
    that was why they sent the Terminator back... because the humans had a major turnaround in the war.

(I am correct on this, aren't I? anyone?)
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Citizen of Gilead TerribleT is on a distinguished road TerribleT's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Odetta View Post
    but their defence grid was smashed... the humans had won (according to Reese in T1)
    that was why they sent the Terminator back... because the humans had a major turnaround in the war.

Yes ma'am, you are. I didn't watch the series, I was kinda thinking about it until I saw the "I'll call shotgun, I'll call 9 mm" line. I thought that looked seriously cheesy. Arnold could have pulled that line off, but noone else could have.
    It's stressful being an other. ~ Juliet

I believe there ought to be a Constitutional Amendment outlawing Astroturf and the designated hitter. ~ Crash Davis

With A Fist Full Of Steel Arthur Heath is on a distinguished road Arthur Heath's Avatar

3rd Planet on the left in the Milky Way galaxy
    Country
    Country Flag

I just cant get past Summer Glau as a Terminator. She made a better autistic child in Firefly. This show was about as good as I expected to be and is as good as it's going to get...I wouldn't expect much.

"As for gunslingers, Roland," Cuthbert says, "I am here. And we are the last."

When two fit, it makes you think
    I got the cute one, my woman
    She says, "Lovin's all I bring"
    And it's her loving that's a wonderful thing.
    Lovin' yes we are, it's such a wonderful thing
    When two fit it makes you think
    See us both in the black
    She lays on me so relaxed.
    -Big D and The Kids Table

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Odetta View Post

That is correct, but I believe the premise is that everytime they send someone (thing) back they change everything.

So the defense grid was smashed when Reese was there but it changes every time.

And I agree, the best thing those machines could have ever done was not send Arnie (and Reese by proxy) back in the first place. Obviously the John Connor that leads the resistance was not originally Reese's boy.

Citizen of Gilead Fall of Gilead has a spectacular aura about Fall of Gilead has a spectacular aura about Fall of Gilead's Avatar

My Mood
    Lonely
    Country
    Country Flag

Dammit, I missed it.
    In Digitized Remorse

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

The next episode is airing tonight at 8 p.m (Pacific time), Gile! If you're lucky they might have some sort of recap of the first episode.

Citizen of Gilead Fall of Gilead has a spectacular aura about Fall of Gilead has a spectacular aura about Fall of Gilead's Avatar

My Mood
    Lonely
    Country
    Country Flag

Cool, I'll check that out!!
    In Digitized Remorse

Gunslinger Apprentice Dud-a-chum? is on a distinguished road Dud-a-chum?'s Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    . . . I only seen a bit of it and it wasn't enough to keep me watching. I've learned a lot over the years about watching FOX live action television shows: don't. Well, unless it's 24.
    The fact that you aren't including "House" disturbs me . . .

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Same here

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    The next episode is airing tonight at 8 p.m (Pacific time), Gile! If you're lucky they might have some sort of recap of the first episode.

I have my DVR set.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

My Mood
    Lonely
    Country
    Country Flag

Just caught the episode. It was pretty good, have to see more of it to tell if I really like it. I liked seeing the guy that played Bra'tac on Stargate.

One thing kinda bothered me though. Isn't it

Spoiler:
    a major paradox for Sarah to travel forward in time after her death?
    In Digitized Remorse

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

A new Dr. House and two hotties on Terminator!!

Wooo!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

For some reason, even though there were a lot less set pieces in this second episode, I enjoyed it a lot more than the first.

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I liked the second episode just about as much as I liked the first. It isn't the best new show and it isn't the worst. I hope Fox (*crosses fingers*) can let this stay on the air for at least a season so T-TSCC can find its footing. I think this show has some real possibilities.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

It's freaking me out, I'm not sure what's up with it but I am afraid the last thing I need is "I was a teenage terminator" kind of thing with school and stuff.

Seems where they are taking it.

Gunslinger Apprentice Jonn Wolfe is on a distinguished road Jonn Wolfe's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I wonder what the FBI guy's going to do once he realizes that John hasn't aged a day in eight years.

[edit]

I don't think it's going to be Terminator in School. I think that's going to be a back setting that will change often as they run around the U.S.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Seems like he would have noticed that right off. Especially at the age John is/was

Oh and poor Enriche...I love all the cameo's from the second movie.

Donkey Thief Mike Beck is on a distinguished road Mike Beck's Avatar

enrique was the man in T2! and i don't know why, but i hate the actor that played him last night. i've seen him in a bunch of stuff, and for some reason i just hate his face. anyone else?

last night's was pretty good. i still don't know how i feel about the show yet. part of me is excited for new episodes though, so that's a good sign. but i'm just waiting for it to fall to pieces. i hope it doesn't.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Was that not the exact same guy though Mike. I thought it was.

I remember the brief viewing of the man in T2 and I thought it was the same guy.

The black dudes wife and kid were the same for sure.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

The kid might be the same, but I'm almost 100% certain that Enrique and Dyson's wife are played by different actors than the ones in T2.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh no way man, Dyson's wife was the same woman I think.

However, I have been wrong about these things before

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast