Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: The Terminator (Discussion for all films in the series)

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Terminator : The Sarah Connor Chronicles

I think I might have mentioned in another thread that television , for me, was reserved specifically for futbol games. I might have to take that back.

Fox is launching a spin off of the Terminator series next year, under the title The Sarah Connor Chronicles. The following is an excerpt that I copied+pasted from IGN.com

---------------------------------------
    After the events of Terminator 2, Sarah and John Connor now find themselves fugitives from the law. The Sarah Connor Chronicles reveals what happens when Sarah stops running and goes on the offensive against an ever-evolving technological enemy bent on destroying her life, and perhaps the world. Her son, 15 year old John, knows that he may be the future savior of mankind, but is not yet ready to take on the mantle of leadership that he's told is his destiny. John finds himself inextricably drawn to Cameron, an enigmatic and otherworldly student at his high school, who soon proves to be much more than his confidante, as she assumes the role of Sarah and John's fearless protector. On their trail are not only threats from the future, but an intelligent and tough FBI agent, James Ellison, who soon becomes a powerful ally.

(Here's the link if you want to check out the full article: http://tv.ign.com/objects/850/850896.html)

------------------------------------
    I'm a HUGE Terminator fan, and I can't wait (although I'll have to,sadly) for this show to air next year. Who else will follow the adventures of Sarah and John and their mechanical friend(s)?

Banned sarajean is on a distinguished road

aw, bless. you got the name right.

as much as i think this show will kick ass, FOX has a history of cancelling shows that have potential. we'll see if this makes it past the third week.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

We'll see. Although Terminator is a very successful and popular movie series, so it has that to it's advantage.

Banned sarajean is on a distinguished road

that, and the writer's strike. they'll be desperate for scripted shows, come spring.

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

I personally, am leary...
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Citizen of Gilead Fall of Gilead has a spectacular aura about Fall of Gilead has a spectacular aura about Fall of Gilead's Avatar

My Mood
    Lonely
    Country
    Country Flag

Yep, definitely gonna give this a look-see.
    In Digitized Remorse

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

It will probably do ok if they don't stick it in the friday at 8pm or 9pm slots. Those slots almost always get cancelled.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

This show has my name written all over it. literally.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Sleep Controller ZoNeSeeK is on a distinguished road ZoNeSeeK's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Linda Hamilton is what makes Connor work though. Its like doing a series on Ripley and having someone else play her .. i dunno, Hamilton was fucking awesome in T2 and everyone in that movie nailed it so well I don't know if changing the cast would be worth it. It depends on how into the series mythology it gets I guess.
    "You can lead a whore to culture but you can't make her think." - Duma Key
    zoneseek@thedarktower.com

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

This has the potential to be really good

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

What a redundant television show...considering we all know (if seen T-3) Connors fate and what becomes of John Connor.

I'd much rather see a television show that continues the story past Rise of the Machines, starting the War between man and machine.

Sleep Controller ZoNeSeeK is on a distinguished road ZoNeSeeK's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Then the humans fail .. and in the say 5th movie you see Neo being born
    "You can lead a whore to culture but you can't make her think." - Duma Key
    zoneseek@thedarktower.com

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    What a redundant television show...considering we all know (if seen T-3) Connors fate and what becomes of John Connor.

I'd much rather see a television show that continues the story past Rise of the Machines, starting the War between man and machine.
    I'm fully aware that Clark Kent becomes Superman, but I still enjoy Smallville. *shrug*

I think they are attempting to make this show in that sort of spirit.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

What I don't get is how it will go. Just Sarah acting crazy and shooting folks? Did she see another Terminator in the time between T2 and dying?

Or is this just her with guns?
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by OchrisO View Post

I'm fully aware that Clark Kent becomes Superman, but I still enjoy Smallville. *shrug*

I think they are attempting to make this show in that sort of spirit.
    I'm not sure how much they can cover. Connor, while not super specific, gave a general 'this is what happened' summary in T3. I think the story between Terminator and T2 with Sarah Connor would be much more appropriate. Wasn't it also told that in Seventh (or was it eighth grade) when he left school (due to events In T2) and was in mexico for for awhile after that point?

As a huge fan of the franchise this seem incredibly lame. Also, Smallville completely different context than this. FYI, Superman becomes Clark Kent....

No, Kal El becomes Clark Kent, then Clark Kent becomes Superman. He starts out as a Kryptonian, but not as a super hero. It is a mixture of his Kryptonian heritage and the human nature that is instilled in him by his parents that make him Superman, not just his being a Kryptonian and strengthened by the yellow sun.

Gunslinger Apprentice Grillslinger is on a distinguished road Grillslinger's Avatar

T3 had really put me off....but thenit had a fantastic ending. I just read that in T4, John Connor will played by Christian Bale.

Okay then! I'm back in, and officially excited!

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I loved T1 and T2 but could never bring myself to watch T3. I don't know why but maybe it was because I thought T2 had the right ending and any further movie would ruin that.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

James Cameron has said himself that his Terminator story ended with T2, thus any movie made after that (including Terminator 3) can be strictly considered a spin-off and not necessarily another entry trying to tie itself in with the original storyline.

In regards to Bale appearing in the 4th Terminator film : Ain't It Cool News reports that none other than Batman himself, Christian Bale, has been cast as the heroic John Connor. Connor, mankind's hope for the future, was previously played by Edward Furlong and Nick Stahl. And although it initially believed that Bale had been cast as The Terminator, CHUD.com now reports, "Is it possible that Bale is not playing either John Connor OR the Terminator? I'm hearing buzz that he's playing a character who is new to the Terminator mythology."

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

I just hope the writer's strike doesn't affect when this show will come out.

We need a lot more good sci-fi on tv and I am hysterically excited about this!

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    I loved T1 and T2 but could never bring myself to watch T3. I don't know why but maybe it was because I thought T2 had the right ending and any further movie would ruin that.
    I thought T3 was great. I felt it was, for the most part, in spirits with the original two and was entertaining. It had some wicked action sequences and I thought it had the best ending of the three of them. I also thought Nick Stahl did a wonderful job as John Connor.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I thought T3 was great. I felt it was, for the most part, in spirits with the original two and was entertaining. It had some wicked action sequences and I thought it had the best ending of the three of them. I also thought Nick Stahl did a wonderful job as John Connor.
    I agree with everything stated here.

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

I really loved how T3 ended...

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I was cool with T3. I like the idea that it was going to happen no matter what they did.

Sarah's whole thing was..."no fate but what you make", T3 proved that as total bullshit
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

I am glad as I always hated that line.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast