Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: The Terminator (Discussion for all films in the series)

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Furlong is back..... I like that. Still don’t have much hope. It’s also a hard R rated they said today which is good too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I have no faith this franchise can recover. The "hey look...things from the old movies you like! Linda Hamilton! Edward Furlong!" approach just reeks of desperation to me. They probably spend more time paying homage itself than writing a competent script.

Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

That was hilarious. Loved the point where he is drinking a beer behind the easel.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

I don't really have a lot of hope for this either, though I do think it looks better than the previous trash fire. Never get Jai Courtney to be your male lead, I don't think he's ever been the lead in a good movie.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

So much will depend on the script. The actors look fine, the director, Linda and Arnold seem to have been committed to the project. But there needs to be a compelling story that isn't just a rehash of the basic premise.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    But there needs to be a compelling story that isn't just a rehash of the basic premise.
    Agreed. I think this is where a lot of people's thinking is at right now.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    I don't really have a lot of hope for this either, though I do think it looks better than the previous trash fire. Never get Jai Courtney to be your male lead, I don't think he's ever been the lead in a good movie.
    Has he even ever been in a good movie?

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

There was 20 Arnold’s sent back. Skynet was destroyed but a new one “Legion” takes over. Sarah and John are in a bar in Mexico and John is killed by one of these 20... then the rest deactivate due to the mission being over. They try to blend in. Sarah’s mission is to kill them. This would be awesome other than it doesn’t stop there. Legion sends back a new one to try and kill the new John conor who is now a girl(the girl we see in the trailer). This is basically it. Total shit. I would have been onboard if they didn’t have to shoe horn some girl power... these two girls will now be the next couple movies and fave if the franchise. This is from good info. Total rubbish and sadly the times we live in now.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    There was 20 Arnold’s sent back. Skynet was destroyed but a new one “Legion” takes over. Sarah and John are in a bar in Mexico and John is killed by one of these 20... then the rest deactivate due to the mission being over. They try to blend in. Sarah’s mission is to kill them. This would be awesome other than it doesn’t stop there. Legion sends back a new one to try and kill the new John conor who is now a girl(the girl we see in the trailer). This is basically it. Total shit. I would have been onboard if they didn’t have to shoe horn some girl power... these two girls will now be the next couple movies and fave if the franchise. This is from good info. Total rubbish and sadly the times we live in now.
    There is more... like Sarah has one that helps her (named Carl) and whatnot but that is the gist of it.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Hey, careful with the spoilers, there, chief!
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

RedLetterMedia called us getting Joan Connor in the video I posted above.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    ABSOLUTE TRASH. I am so mad that this is what we are getting with Linda Hamilton back as Sarah.... what is this a girl power movie? The new Terminator possess ZERO threat. The girl beats it up in EVERY scene shown in the trailer. Linda was a super strong female lead in the last one and now this is done with loads of Hollywood 'cheese' sprinkled all over it. I have no words other than pure disappointment
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

ABSOLUTE TRASH. I am so mad that this is what we are getting with Linda Hamilton back as Sarah.... what is this a girl power movie? The new Terminator possess ZERO threat. The girl beats it up in EVERY scene shown in the trailer. Linda was a super strong female lead in the last one and now this is done with loads of Hollywood 'cheese' sprinkled all over it. I have no words other than pure disappointment
    Well said!

seeking: ANYTHING DT related #246
    Dead Zone 1st Edition F/F or NF/NF
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Honestly I think it looks fine. It's not T2 but it looks way better than any of the other sequels. My biggest problem is that this trailer pretty much shows the entire movie, which in of itself shows they have very little faith in the product that they've made.

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Honestly I think it looks fine. It's not T2 but it looks way better than any of the other sequels. My biggest problem is that this trailer pretty much shows the entire movie, which in of itself shows they have very little faith in the product that they've made.
    Here is a possible strategy, Dan. If it's a big movie I am pumped for (Star Wars or IT 2) I do not watch the trailer AT ALL. Other than that I click start and as soon as I sense the first spoiler . . . Click off. Done. The spoilers in trailers are ridiculous. They even will kill off a character in the trailer????

ANYTHING DT Related #246

Country
    Country Flag

Dude... that looks terrible. Go back 28 years ago and watch the T2 trailer.... then get back to me bro. Seriously...

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Dude... that looks terrible. Go back 28 years ago and watch the T2 trailer.... then get back to me bro. Seriously...

I'm not comparing it to T2, I'm comparing it T3, Salvation, and Genysis. This looks better than all 3 of those. Sure it doesn't look as good as T2, but T2 is a masterpiece they could never have made another Terminator movie as good as T2 or honestly even close to as good as T2.

Quote Originally Posted by kingfan2323 View Post
    Here is a possible strategy, Dan. If it's a big movie I am pumped for (Star Wars or IT 2) I do not watch the trailer AT ALL. Other than that I click start and as soon as I sense the first spoiler . . . Click off. Done. The spoilers in trailers are ridiculous. They even will kill off a character in the trailer????

Yea I can't help myself. I have little to no self control when it comes to trailers.

Country
    Country Flag

Yea I can't help myself. I have little to no self control when it comes to trailers.
    Well I cannot help you then! Ha! A sick man. It is hard sometimes indeed.

ANYTHING DT Related #246

Well I cannot help you then! Ha! A sick man. It is hard sometimes indeed.

To be fair as well, I really had no interest in this movie until I saw the trailer. Now I have a "I'll probably rent it" level of interest.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Some of the parts in that trailer look amazing. Some look like pure trash. It'll probably average out somewhere in the middle.

I'm in.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Some of the parts in that trailer look amazing. Some look like pure trash. It'll probably average out somewhere in the middle.

I'm in.
    The part where Arnold is shooting him in the face.... terminator gold. That’s what I’m talking about.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I watched Genysis for the first time the other day and didn't think it was too bad. I dismissed it from Terminator canon and just had fun with it. Arnold had some pretty good one-liners and that cheesy ass smile of his was hilarious

Based on the trailer, I'm not liking the direction they went with Sarah's character. Seems too over the top although she was pretty intense in T2. Seems forced or something. Maybe Kris' words Hollywood Cheese explains it.

Agreed, there will never be a Terminator movie as good as T2. Just have to keep going back to the well with that one.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast