Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: The Terminator (Discussion for all films in the series)

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    I watched Genysis for the first time the other day and didn't think it was too bad. I dismissed it from Terminator canon and just had fun with it.
    Yup, those were pretty much my feelings as well.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Still interested in this.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just booked our tickets. Hoping for it to be good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

It looks okay. I’m intrigued rather than excited. But that counts.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    It looks okay. I’m intrigued rather than excited. But that counts.
    Well said man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm skipping Dark Fart like I skipped Genysis. Instead of looking like a return to form it looks they're trying to hard to return to form much like Genysis looked like it was trying too hard for nostalgia. It's going to be much harder to take Hamilton seriously as a badass compared to say Jamie Lee Curtis in Halloween because this one is sure to be more over the top. Hamilton's age really shows in the trailer and I'm just not buying it.

Seems the only things these films offer in terms of creativity are new terminators and they all end up being some variation of the T1000 that just becomes silly. Geriatric action stars don't interest me.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    I'm skipping Dark Fart like I skipped Genysis. Instead of looking like a return to form it looks they're trying to hard to return to form much like Genysis looked like it was trying too hard for nostalgia. It's going to be much harder to take Hamilton seriously as a badass compared to say Jamie Lee Curtis in Halloween because this one is sure to be more over the top. Hamilton's age really shows in the trailer and I'm just not buying it.

Seems the only things these films offer in terms of creativity are new terminators and they all end up being some variation of the T1000 that just becomes silly. Geriatric action stars don't interest me.
    I agree she hasn't aged well.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Genisys wasn’t terrible. Well, okay, it was terrible, but it was silly-but-fun-terrible, not lame-terrible or depressing-terrible. I’m disappointed they didn’t do any sequels to it because it had potential. Not enough potential for me to consider it canon, but enough to appreciate it as a variation on a theme.

Dark Fate looks like it’s going to be T2 again, which I think is less interesting, but I’m curious as to what they will do story-wise.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”

Ilium (Simmons)

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Genisys wasn’t terrible. Well, okay, it was terrible, but it was silly-but-fun-terrible, not lame-terrible or depressing-terrible. I’m disappointed they didn’t do any sequels to it because it had potential. Not enough potential for me to consider it canon, but enough to appreciate it as a variation on a theme.

Dark Fate looks like it’s going to be T2 again, which I think is less interesting, but I’m curious as to what they will do story-wise.
    They completely fucked with the timeline and stomped all over John Connor's legacy. Fuck that film.

On a side note, I went to the movies on Saturday and the employees were putting together one of those large cardboard displays for the new Terminator movie. It was so complicated that they abandoned it halfway through.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Fun fact: I was once considering signing up to go into theaters to set up those large, complicated cardboard displays but once I saw the hours required and how the pay was, I decided against it. I think it would be cool to do a couple, though.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    They completely fucked with the timeline and stomped all over John Connor's legacy. Fuck that film.
    As soon as any franchise basically undoes previous installments through time travel, it ceases to become canon, in my opinion. (I'm looking at you, Star Trek 2009). But it can still be fun.

(Back to the Future is the rare case where a sequel went back to the same place/time as the original, but *didn't* undo the events of the first film. BTTF is, therefore, one of the best time travel series in cinematic history)

HBJ

Ilium (Simmons)

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Fun fact: I was once considering signing up to go into theaters to set up those large, complicated cardboard displays but once I saw the hours required and how the pay was, I decided against it. I think it would be cool to do a couple, though.
    I didn't realize they hired out for that stuff. It would be pretty fun though. My theater had a marketing company a few years ago that was coming in to do advanced screenings. I looked into working for them, but nothing came of it.

As soon as any franchise basically undoes previous installments through time travel, it ceases to become canon, in my opinion. (I'm looking at you, Star Trek 2009). But it can still be fun.

(Back to the Future is the rare case where a sequel went back to the same place/time as the original, but *didn't* undo the events of the first film. BTTF is, therefore, one of the best time travel series in cinematic history)

HBJ
    Back to the Future is the film that literally set up the movie rules for time travel that almost every time travel film since then seems to have to adhere to. There was a movie recently that mentioned that, but I can't remember which one it was. It might have been Endgame.

Country
    Country Flag

I didn't realize they hired out for that stuff. It would be pretty fun though. My theater had a marketing company a few years ago that was coming in to do advanced screenings. I looked into working for them, but nothing came of it.
    Yeah, I can't remember the name of the company but you get paid per job/project. Each of them was based on number of hours required (some, I remember, were hours to put together one display).

Do you mean marketing, like actually doing the marketing for the screenings? Or the Men In Black that stand in the theater with night-vision goggles making sure no one is filming?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

No film could ever be T2.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    NEVER. EVER. EVER.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

I think you know what I mean.

HBJ

Ilium (Simmons)

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Yeah, I can't remember the name of the company but you get paid per job/project. Each of them was based on number of hours required (some, I remember, were hours to put together one display).

Do you mean marketing, like actually doing the marketing for the screenings? Or the Men In Black that stand in the theater with night-vision goggles making sure no one is filming?
    Nah, I mean an actual marketing company that holds the screenings. Although fucking with bootleggers would be kind of fun too.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I think you know what I mean.

HBJ
    Lol yeah I do, I just wanted to be a brat

Country
    Country Flag

Reviews seem to be VERY good. Most seem to think it is T2 done over BUT who cares? LoL
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

At this point I'm just praying for a good film in the Terminator universe. I rewatched Salvation a few months ago and I just could not believe how unbelievably bland it was. No wonder Christian Bale lost his mind.

Country
    Country Flag

At this point I'm just praying for a good film in the Terminator universe. I rewatched Salvation a few months ago and I just could not believe how unbelievably bland it was. No wonder Christian Bale lost his mind.
    lol I read that Cameron plans to direct one of the three films he has planned. THAT IS THE ONE I am most pumped for.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Reviews seem to be VERY good. Most seem to think it is T2 done over BUT who cares? LoL
    Me. That would just prove the series has no where to go except retreading the same ground, which Genysis already did. And Rise of the Machines did. Some concepts are just limited. Terminator seems to be one, along with Alien.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Me. That would just prove the series has no where to go except retreading the same ground, which Genysis already did. And Rise of the Machines did. Some concepts are just limited. Terminator seems to be one, along with Alien.
    Sigh.. you only like one thing man. Negan. I will give this a go and if some of it feels remade? SO be it. I enjoy the theater and I enjoy Terminators. I also think with Cameron back involved... we could get the next movie to be as good as T2 was.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

I think it is a bit challenging to do something new in the universe. Terminator movies are pretty much defined by the plot of sending a soldier back in time to stop a cyborg from killing someone. They tried to do something different in Salvation but it just felt like a generic future dystopia movie, rather than something tightly linked to the franchise.

I think the only way you could do something different is to use that basic premise as the first act of a longer story. For example, use time travel to pull people from the present into the future to fight there. Have the fate of both present and future at stake.

Having said all that, I’m looking forward to seeing Dark Fate.

Ilium (Simmons)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast