Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: The Terminator (Discussion for all films in the series)

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

FYI : Kristanna Loken is a scheduled guest next weekend at Wizard World Philadelphia.

Wizard World Philadelphia is - June 19th through 21st.

http://www.wizardworld.com/home-pa.html

It's usually one of the bigger cons around.

In general comic and sci-fi related guests - the list is actually pretty impressive : Garth Ennis, Ray Park, Yancy Butler, Emma Caulfield, Ted Raimi, Marina Sirtis, and Kristanna Loken.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

i am having a terminator weekend (managed to get all 4 films for £6!!!)
    last night i watched the original Terminator, in one way i wished i hadn't, i remember watching this at least 10 years ago and it felt really fresh and i thought the FX where amazing. Now sadly in looks really dated and when the
    Spoiler:
    terminator takes his eye out, all i was thinking was what a crap effect it was

However, after saying all that - the story itself was still just as phenominal as ever and i loved it. the theme music (do do do do odo,bong, do do do do) gave me goos bumps and i fell in love with Kyle Reece all over again

And what cool lines that man had, possibley when you put them all together the coolest lines in a movie EVER!!!!

That ols chestnut 'Come with me if you want to live' -
    'i came across time for you sarah'
    ' terminator is out there. It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not sto...p, ever, until you are dead.'

loved it.

tonight is T2 and T3, followed by salvation tomorrow (and a little more christian bale)

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

The only Terminator film I've yet to watch is Salvation. I loved the first two movies, and I even loved 3 the first time I saw it on the big screen with a BOOMING surround sound system. On 2nd viewing, though? Really not that great, especially when compared to the awesomeness of 1 and 2. Awesome theme you've currently got, btw!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I watched the 2nd one last night. I never really rated it as much as much the others, but could never put my finger on it.

Well i did last night, - the car chases. The faffing about with stuff that didn't need to be in. One car chase alone took up 15 minutes of film time!!! come on.

I was supposed to watch T3 last night too, but with all the fannying about with the car chases etc the film was on for nearly 3 hours (extend that for loo times and snack times)

But. after sayin that, once you take the elongated chases out its a pretty good film. Adding to the mythology of the Terminator, with John gaining survival skills, and learnin more and more about the terminators. Also what happened to Sarah after the first film, many films end with the hero/heroine defeating the bad guy, but you never find out what happened to them afterwards and what the long term effects where. Thats one of the things i liked about this was that they did show the long term effects of having your life smashed to pieces by a machine from the future

One of the things that struck me was
    Low men and T2 spoiler
    Spoiler:
    I had just read Low Men, and when Sarah is berating John for helpin her escape the asylum she really reminded me of Liz Garfield - in that non-caring mom way. Sarah did turn it around before the end of the film though, but not enough in my eyes

I am now lookin forward to watching T3 tonight, as i enjoyed this one first time around and want to know if its just as enjoyable tonight.

'i'll be back'

(god, i am witty)

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

My thoughts on Terminator 2 can be summed up by Simon Pegg in Spaced (and ending spoilers for T2, for those that haven't seen it):

Spoiler:
    Tim: You think I'm unemotional, don't you? I can be emotional! Jesus, I cried like a child at the end of Terminator 2! With the...thumb...and the...molten...lava...

I can never resist quoting Spaced! Seriously though, I think that T2 is one of those rare kind of action films that made a huge impact on the genre, even more so than the first one. With the effects involved in making the T-1000, although perhaps basic when considered today, Cameron really showed that CGI could be used as a great way of telling a great, mature story, even in an action film. Perhaps, with all the blockbusters these days that focus on nothing but CGI he was perhaps a little too successful in that regard.

Still, with a great story, great action, and some awesome acting from the cast (including Edward Furlong, who probably played one of the few 12 year olds in science fiction history who wasn't annoying!), this is, for me, one of those rare few sequels to classic films where it's actually better than the original!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm surprised we didn't dig this thread up for the huge pile of shit that is Terminator Genesis. I refuse to spell it the way they spelled it for the film.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

James and Linda back on board? Finally we may be onto something here....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I loved TERMINATOR GENISYS, and all the other TERMINATOR films. Just sayin'.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    You like turning John Connor, the literal face of the resistance, into some villainous abomination?

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It was a cool premise that was poorly executed. Could have been so much better. John should never have been a bad guy or played by that shitty actor.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    You like turning John Connor, the literal face of the resistance, into some villainous abomination?
    I have yet to see it but I hear it's pretty bad. T2 is by far the best in the series. It'll be interesting to see where T6 takes us.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    It was a cool premise that was poorly executed. Could have been so much better. John should never have been a bad guy or played by that shitty actor.
    Agreed. At least about the bad guy part, not the part about Jason Clarke being a shitty actor. I've seen him turn in good work in films like Zero Dark Thirty, Everest, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes and even Lawless. Sometimes you have to blame the material.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Agreed. At least about the bad guy part, not the part about Jason Clarke being a shitty actor. I've seen him turn in good work in films like Zero Dark Thirty, Everest, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes and even Lawless. Sometimes you have to blame the material.
    Haven't seen his role in T5 of course, but I agree, he isn't a bad actor.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Country
    Country Flag

Shouldn't have said bad actor... just not what I wanted John Connor to be like/look like.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Shouldn't have said bad actor... just not what I wanted John Connor to be like/look like.
    How did you feel about Nick Stahl as John, Kris in T3? I always liked him as an actor but I guess he's pretty much fallen off the face of the earth these days.

Country
    Country Flag

You know the issue? I always have the pic of the guy in my head they show briefly in the 2nd one (I think). But I didn't mind Nick... Furlong was the best

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

You know the issue? I always have the pic of the guy in my head they show briefly in the 2nd one (I think). But I didn't mind Nick... Furlong was the best

Furlong as teenage John no doubt! Yea, I can't remember if we got a shot of John in T1 or not. And I just watched it again the other day! lol.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post

Furlong as teenage John no doubt! Yea, I can't remember if we got a shot of John in T1 or not. And I just watched it again the other day! lol.
    I can't remember either. I thought it was a shot in the start of the second one.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post

I can't remember either. I thought it was a shot in the start of the second one.

There probably was. Been awhile since I've seen that one too. I thought we got a glimpse of John while Reese was telling Sarah about the future. I guess Christian Bale did ok in T4. For what it was....

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

I love that this is T3 and the others never happened!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Will be interesting to see where this leads. Going to be tough to top T2.

Country
    Country Flag

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

REGION B..... $150 MILLION TO COVERT TO 3-D & NO REGION A.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast