Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking Bad - Better Call Saul - El Camino *spoilers*

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    I think anything's possible in this final season. I just wish they weren't splitting it into two pieces of eight, making us wait until 2013 for it all to wrap up.
    What? Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Aside from that depressing news. I actually, for the first time watching this show, felt a little bad for Skylar in the last episode. I knew her crazy was an act, and I can't blame her for wanting to get her kids out of there before something happens.
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I think her character gets a lot of unjustified hate. Her reactions are perfectly reasonable when taking into consideration the kind of shit Walt has put the family through.

I mean, they sent a pair of fucking hitmen to their house. What if Jr. and Holly were home? Or if Gus had made good on his promise to destroy his family?

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

She actually is totally justified in most of the things she does, but because Walt is the protagonist of the story we see everything through his eyes. And this means that since she's always trying to fuck up his game we all end up hating her. I can't tell you how many times I said "poor Walt." in season 1 when Skylar was being all annoying and controlling. Plus, why did the poor guy have to work two jobs while she hung out at home?

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I keep finding myself reading Amanda's quote in Feev's sig as a response to the first part of his sig now.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

^

OT : wow. wow wow wow wow wow. I think we can never have a light hearted moment in BB again after last night's episode. I think this is going to be the fulcrum by which the rest of the season hangs on. My question is, who will take this harder : Jesse, or Walt? Neither? Both?

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

E.P.I.C. They might as well start writing their acceptance speeches now. Not just for this season. Best TV Show EVER.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Definitely Jesse. He already has direct experience with that sort of thing before. I think Walt has lost his soul completely. But the dude was following their orders. No one else can ever know about this, they told him. Ever.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Definitely Jesse. He already has direct experience with that sort of thing before.
    True. I just wish they would show Walter suffering the psychological repurcussions for a change. Maybe since the innocent bystander in this case was a child, it will make think about what Skyler said, that their children are never really safe.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Jesse is turning into the good guy, in a lot of ways. The conscience. He wouldn't let Mike kill Lydia. He's been coming up with the big ideas (magnet, train robbery). He's becoming Walt -- before Walt became Heisenberg.

My Mood
    Amused

last night's episode almost made me cry.

i think jesse will take it harder. i totally never thought of it that way, Bev, but I think you're right. Jesse is the conscience.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hannah View Post
    last night's episode almost made me cry.

i think jesse will take it harder. i totally never thought of it that way, Bev, but I think you're right. Jesse is the conscience.
    Yeah and it's looks as if Walt wants to be the new "Gus".
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow! It took all my willpower not to peek in this thread until I watched Sundays episode on the DVR. Fantastic show had me tense the whole 40 minutes or so. Ending was crazy, sad, and poignant. The acting (and writing) is so damn good and I could just feel Skylers sadness through the screen.

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I have to post this in case I turn out to be right. What if Jesse has flipped and the watch he gave Walt was actually given to him by Hank with a recording/tracking device in it?

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by skyofcrack View Post
    I have to post this in case I turn out to be right. What if Jesse has flipped and the watch he gave Walt was actually given to him by Hank with a recording/tracking device in it?
    Very good theory!!! Could be "spot on" or at least something very close to the truth!!! That' what will get Walt in the end. The Truth, IMHO
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Funny you mention that, I always thought there was something a little funny about Jesse giving Walt that watch ... wouldn't be surprised if there ends up being something more to that.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

That is an awesome thought about the watch. They made a point of Walt showing of the watch before he bugged Hanks office. Also, Jesse was the one with the computer that they were listening to Hank via the bug. Maybe they are setting up the ground work that Jesse is a mastermind.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    That is an awesome thought about the watch. They made a point of Walt showing of the watch before he bugged Hanks office. Also, Jesse was the one with the computer that they were listening to Hank via the bug. Maybe they are setting up the ground work that Jesse is a mastermind.
    The way they are going so far, with Walt getting drunk on power and Jesse having the conscience that could very well be the case!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I want to look through this so bad. Started Season 3 today. Oh my God.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Jeez, how good was last night's ep? Holy hell.

It's obvious that Walter invited Jesse over and gave him the Grey Matter sob story and let him see how much of a wreck his family is because he knows Jesse is a very emotional being, he's manipulated him into giving Walter a chance to come up with an alternate plan.

Also, I'm fairly certain that Mike is going to bite the dust sometime in the next 2 eps. His story arc is reminiscent of Robert De Niro's character in 'Heat' where he lets his emotions override his senses and 'that one last job' was his undoing.

Walter frying the both the restraint and his wrist with the electrical chord was amazing. Now we know that he's not above physically hurting himself to get what he wants.

Gat damn I can't wait to see what the show has in store next week.

It's absolutely impossible to feel any sympathy for Walt any more. He's turned into a monster. Jeez, he'll even burn himself for his nefarious schemes. I have to say, when they were cutting up the motorcycle, all I could think of was them subsequently dismembering the body. I sure hope Mike doesn't get done in -- he's my favorite character, with Saul a close second. I wonder if the tarantula bottle is going to figure into things -- Todd shouldn't have kept an incriminating souvenir.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

(Bev - you don't have to mark your spoilers in here. I went ahead and removed the tag from your post.)

It's absolutely impossible to feel any sympathy for Walt any more. He's turned into a monster. Jeez, he'll even burn himself for his nefarious schemes. I have to say, when they were cutting up the motorcycle, all I could think of was them subsequently dismembering the body.
    Yeap, Walter is a beast in human clothes at this point. Did you see Jesse's face when he heard Walt whistling to himself? That face said it all.

I sure hope Mike doesn't get done in -- he's my favorite character, with Saul a close second. I wonder if the tarantula bottle is going to figure into things -- Todd shouldn't have kept an incriminating souvenir.
    Well, no one saw him (as far as we know) pick up that tarantula so I don't think it can be traced back .. I felt like that scene was to show Todd's , er I don't know, obsession? Fascination? Immaturity? I could be wrong though.

Glass holds fingerprints. It reminds me of the watch Coover took from Loretta's father's body in Justified. Taking souvenirs is never a good idea!

Yeah, Walt had just said he hadn't been sleeping, but the whistling sure made that sound like a fairy tale. I like how assertive Jesse has become this season. He may still call him "Mr. White," but he's become his own man. I think Mike had a lot to do with that.

I also doubt the theory someone espoused recently that Jesse is working undercover and that the watch he gave Walt is bugged. If that were the case, Hank would know that Walt's involved and thus far he's clueless. Something would have come up on the bug in Hank's office.

Supper at the White household -- most awkward meal ever!

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Agreed on Jesse - you can see it in his eyes and in his demeanor, he's no longer that fragile (well not as fragile anyway) ragdoll he was in the earlier seasons. He still lets his soft spot for Mr. White get in the way sometimes, but he's definitely much more assertive this season. I doubt the Jesse of earlier seasons would have had the guts to side with Mike in the buyout decision.

That dinner scene was amazing in it's awkwardness. The tension was so thick you could cut it with a knife.

I could barely stand to watch it, which is true of most interactions between Walt and Skyler this season.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I also doubt the theory someone espoused recently that Jesse is working undercover and that the watch he gave Walt is bugged. If that were the case, Hank would know that Walt's involved and thus far he's clueless. Something would have come up on the bug in Hank's office.
    If this pans out to be true, I'm guessing that Vince would save the reveal for the end of this story arc. Maybe the last scene in Ep8 will show Hank giving Jesse the watch. Who knows.

It looks like they buried the kid but dissolved the bike in acid. That seems odd. I'm sure the police will find the body and the fingerprints on the jar.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast