Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: F you and the horse you rode in on?

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    I've always been fond of Vonnegut's "Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut?" which he uses frequently in Slapstick.
    Hi Ho!
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by flaggwalkstheline View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    I recognize just enough words to know you insulted someone's mother.
    the english equivalent is calling someone a horny-whorish-goat who fucks their mother

followed by a healthy cry of "n fuck yourself 2!"

sounds more wrong en espanol though

for the record I wasnt directing it at anyone in particular
    But I'll take it!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Gunslinger Apprentice ClicheGuevara is on a distinguished road ClicheGuevara's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My God, this is so funny I'm about to bust a gut!

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post
    Yes, but if you want to be a real ass, you say fuck you and the horse you rode in on, and the dog that followed you into town.

Yeah, I grew up in a tough crowd.
    We said fuck you, the horse you rode in on, and the fleas that infest it.
    Sam, that's hilarious!.

And flagg, Mexican Spanish swearing is cool as hell. German is almost as good. Who knew calling someone a schweinhund (literally pig dog) could be a major insult?

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Gunslinger Apprentice ClicheGuevara is on a distinguished road ClicheGuevara's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Swearing in any language is fun.

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Another good curse Dags, is penjechingato if I got my mexican spelling right. It directly translates into catfish pussy.

Who'd have ever thought that calling someone pubic hair would be a hell worthy insult? I saw a Mexican fellow pull a knife on a guy who called him that.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I've never heard that phrase before

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

how in the fucking hell have i never seen this thread before? there are some seriously priceless phrases in here that i can't wait for an opportunity to use!

how much trouble do you think i'd get in for use one or two in my sig?

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    I've never heard that phrase before
    Well, now you have.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

::cough cough::

I have to ask everyone to illustrate your points with as many examples from literature as possible, or this thread will be moved to Dixie Pig.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice EdwardDean1999 is on a distinguished road EdwardDean1999's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    I've always been fond of Vonnegut's "Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut?" which he uses frequently in Slapstick.
    I heart that one. First heard it in the stage show "Blood Brothers" Hilarious.

And, man. What a thread!

Do You Folks Like Coffee?
    Real Coffee,
    From the Hills Of Colombia?

The Duncan Hills awake you
    from a thousand deaths.
    A cup of blackened blood.
    (Die, Die)
    You're dying for a cup.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nordh View Post
    Coming from Sweden, perhaps I've missed this connection to the real world or perhaps an old movie or so, but I seem to find the quote "Fuck you and the horse you rode in on" in several of Stephen Kings books. For example It and Lisey's story (smuck), and I'm pretty certain it was mentioned by Jake or Eddie somewhere in the DT series as well.

Is this just an old saying, or is it King that's just really fond of using it?
    My wife has told me this before, mostly in joking/sarcastic tone, and I always ask if the horse's name was Friday.

Anyone who's seen the movie Little Big League will get the reference.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone who's seen my post two posts above will get the subtle hint. Please have another look at the forum we're in. So far we haven't drifted too far off topic, but if we do, I'll have to think about moving the thread.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Otter of the Prim cozener will become famous soon enough cozener will become famous soon enough cozener's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Y'know, I think there could be another thing with the horse. Lets say that I'm in a marketing meeting and my boss asks me what my idea is to market this great new product. I offer up something really stupid. He could say, "Fuck you and the horse you rode in on" referring to me and my idea."

Or lets say there's a very exclusive club that only allows someone to join if they're vouched for by an existing member. A buddy of yours gets you into the club and it soon comes to light that you're a complete asshole. One of the members could say, "Fuck you and the horse you rode in on" referring to you and the friend that got you in the club.

Basically, this saying could be saying fuck you and whatever person and/or circumstance brought you "into town" as it were.

I don't know if its really intended that way...I'm just theorizing.

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

I have always felt that the phrase meant something like Fuck you and everything you come from. (Your family, past, town, etc) .....and the horse you rode in on.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I saw the movie Changeling last night - the phrase was used twice and because of this thread I couldn't help but laugh!

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Was Changeling any good?
    Sloth Love Chunk

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Slow start, but once it got going, it was pretty good!

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Gunslinger Apprentice ArtherEld is on a distinguished road ArtherEld's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I remember where else I saw this phrase. Level 31 of Halo, the first game. This is pure geekdom, but here it is: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cq6NzvSo5nI"]YouTube - Halo - The Maw (Level 31)[/ame]

Demon of the Prim Lost Rose is just really nice Lost Rose is just really nice Lost Rose is just really nice Lost Rose is just really nice Lost Rose is just really nice Lost Rose's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry if off topic or whatever..but my favoriet King-ism is Fuck me 'til I cry...I've caught myself using it...a lot...
    Never try to teach a pig to sing...it wastes your time and annoys the pig!

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

i love that expression as well.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2