Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Alfred Hitchcock Movie Discussion

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Not any more I still have 2 players & around 60 discs ( I know there is a commentary on the lazer that is not on the DVD or Blu-Ray for the 1933 King Kong.) Now with DVD & BLU-RAY I don't see the need to trade out the disc after 2 hours (That is if you don't have to get up & turn it over after the 1st hour) & I can now watch Dial M for Murder in 3D in my own home.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've got an HD projector. An actual TV that large would be insanely expensive probably

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    Not any more I still have 2 players & around 60 discs ( I know there is a commentary on the lazer that is not on the DVD or Blu-Ray for the 1933 King Kong.) Now with DVD & BLU-RAY I don't see the need to trade out the disc after 2 hours (That is if you don't have to get up & turn it over after the 1st hour) & I can now watch Dial M for Murder in 3D in my own home.
    That's cool. I'm mainly collecting them because I love the artwork. They're like mini posters. The actual laser disc players are a tad more difficult to find. I haven't see any yet, but I've been coming across the discs on a regular basis lately.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    I've got an HD projector. An actual TV that large would be insanely expensive probably
    Yeah Sharp has a 100 inch TV and it goes for about $7,000 or something.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    My cousin just bought a house with a theater in it in Mass. I'm dying to see it, but I might never leave. It's my dream to have one. Stadium seats and all.
    I would love one too. My sister actually has a small one set up in their house, but I'm not sure she's ever used it. It's pretty much my brother-in-laws man cave
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

I've seen Rebecca maybe 8 or 9 times and only just realized that we never learn Joan Fontaine's character's first name. I looked it up and apparently the book is the same way.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Yep, she's only referred to as Mrs. de Winter

I'd definitely recommend the book if you haven't read it yet.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Yep, she's only referred to as Mrs. de Winter

I'd definitely recommend the book if you haven't read it yet.
    I've been meaning to read it and her other works for years. Maybe 2016 will be the year!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/alfr...ck-1201872922/
    Universal Cable Productions is developing an anthology series based on Alfred Hitchcock, Variety has learned.

The NBCUniversal-owned production company has inked a deal with the Alfred Hitchcock Estate to re-imagine classic tales from the iconic horror filmmaker for the TV project that is titled “Welcome to Hitchcock.”

“Welcome to Hitchcock” will follow Hitchcock’s unique brand of storytelling that resulted in films such as “The Birds,” “Psycho” and the series “Alfred Hitchcock Presents.”

In the spirit of the classic Hitchcock style and legacy, the anthology will focus on a single season-long mystery or crime. Plans are in place for all potential future seasons to be produced in step with Hitchcock Estate.

“Long after his death, Alfred Hitchcock continues to be one of the most celebrated directors and visionaries in the world, a master manipulator of the macabre,” said Dawn Olmstead, executive vice president of development at Universal Cable Productions. “We’re honored that the Hitchcock Estate has put its trust in our studio to pay homage to his work.”

“Our grandfather always collaborated with the best and the brightest to help shape his vision. We’re confident that Universal Cable Productions will take great care in helping us to continue preserving his legacy,” said Katie O’Connell-Fiala on behalf of the Hitchcock Trust and MTK Corporation, which was founded by O’Connell-Fiala and her sisters, Mary O’Connell-Stone and Tere O’Connell-Carrubba.

Vermilion Entertainment and 1492 Pictures/Ocean Blue Entertainment will produce “Welcome to Hitchcock” with UCP. The anthology marks Vermilion’s first scripted television project. Exec producers are Chris Columbus, Michael Barnathan, Timmy Thompson and Todd Thompson, who will all work alongside the Hitchcock family. Columbus will also direct the pilot. Casey Tebo will serve as co-producer.

Quote Originally Posted by bergy81 View Post
    They are all great but Rope is my favorite, followed by Lifeboat
    1st EDITION 1948 NOVELAZATION DELL MAP BACK.

U.K.1948 1st EDITION with black & white photos & photo preview of UNDER CAPRICORN.

John F. Kennedy BrandoRex will become famous soon enough BrandoRex's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Vertigo in HD is an amazing movie even by today's standards. If it had never been made until modern day, I think it would blow the socks off most folks.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I love Rope.

As for the TV show. I'm cautiously optimistic.

Then again you may want to start at the beginning.
    March 1929 a three act play by Patrick Hamilton

I don't think Rebecca gets enough to love. It's hands down my favorite Hitchcock film.

Country
    Country Flag

I'm actually very excited for this new series. Could be something special.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    I don't think Rebecca gets enough to love. It's hands down my favorite Hitchcock film.
    I was thinking about reading the book, but the descriptions make it seem romance-y. Plus, a lot of the reviews I've read have compared it to The Haunting of Hill House and I had a hard time getting through that one.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

It's excellent Ricky, I highly recommend it. And it's not super romancy, at least no more than the movie. The film follows the story pretty well except for the ending.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I might go with the movie first, then read the book if I like it (like I did with The Bad Seed, though I liked The Bad Seed movie much more than the book).
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I might go with the movie first, then read the book if I like it (like I did with The Bad Seed, though I liked The Bad Seed movie much more than the book).
    Wait you haven't even seen the movie?! Drop everything and go watch it right away. You won't be disappointed.

Country
    Country Flag

Haha. No, I haven't. I think it's in my Netflix queue though.

EDIT: Oops, looks like it wasn't. Added now!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Going to see North by Northwest in the theater for the first time on April 2 courtesy of TCM, YAY!

SORRY TOMMY....I still have no reason to leave home!

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Going to see North by Northwest in the theater for the first time on April 2 courtesy of TCM, YAY!
    Excellent!! it's my favorite Hitchcock and I'm sure you'll have a blast.
    First time you see this movie or did you watch it on dvd/bd before?

sk

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Excellent!! it's my favorite Hitchcock and I'm sure you'll have a blast.
    First time you see this movie or did you watch it on dvd/bd before?

sk
    I've seen it about 10 times before but never in the theater.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast