Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Y: The Last Man

With A Fist Full Of Steel Arthur Heath is on a distinguished road Arthur Heath's Avatar

3rd Planet on the left in the Milky Way galaxy
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Y: The Last Man

Im about halfway through the second graphic novel installment of Y. Generally Im not one for post apocoliptic plagues wiping out mankind (literally as only women are left to run the planet) but Brian K. Vaughan is such an extremely smooth writer. His fictional characters are personable people that you can feel a conection with, which I have not run across in too many other [comic] writers. If your up for a good read I suggest checking it out...
    Anyone else dig this title?

"As for gunslingers, Roland," Cuthbert says, "I am here. And we are the last."

When two fit, it makes you think
    I got the cute one, my woman
    She says, "Lovin's all I bring"
    And it's her loving that's a wonderful thing.
    Lovin' yes we are, it's such a wonderful thing
    When two fit it makes you think
    See us both in the black
    She lays on me so relaxed.
    -Big D and The Kids Table

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

This was actually next on my graphic-novel line up (I'm currently 4 volumes into Fables), I've heard great things about it. Isn't there going there going to be a movie based on it?

a ghost? a ghost. Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead

I'm going to be reading it once I'm through with Sandman. Jimmy's a big fan of Y, so I figure it's gonna be good.
    you're solid gold // i'll see you in hell

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Off topic, but where the hell is Jimmy? He vanished.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

The Dark Tower comics got me into graphic novels. After I finished the first issue, I realized that I had been missing out on a lot of great reading.

I asked my local comic book owner to recommend something to me. After telling him that I wasn't into the superhero stuff, he handed me a copy of Y: The Last Man.

He mad me a very happy man...one with a lighter wallet, but happy nonetheless.

And yes Feev, a movie is in the works.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

What? Did someone say post-apocalyptic? *comes running*

I love anything end-of-the-world. It's my guilty pleasure. Whether it's zombies, comets, pollution or plague, i'm there dude.

I haven't heard of this, but it just jumped way up on my list of things to read. Thanks for letting us know about it.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I also have a fetish for post-apocalyptic subjects.

When I found out Y was a post-apocalyptic story, I was hooked.

I thought living in a world where I was the only dude around would be heaven. For Yorrick Brown...not so much.

Banned Jimmy is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Speak of the devil and he shall appear.

Seriously, if you're not reading Y : The Last Man, give your eyes and brains a treat and go read it right now.

Go!

Achin' to be Seymour_Glass is on a distinguished road Seymour_Glass's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I just got Volume Five.

With A Fist Full Of Steel Arthur Heath is on a distinguished road Arthur Heath's Avatar

3rd Planet on the left in the Milky Way galaxy
    Country
    Country Flag

In volume 3 I love the props Vaughn gives Garth Ennis and Preacher by giving Yorick a Fuck Communism lighter, saying he engraved it after reading a graphic novel.

This has absolutely nothing to do with the story line and is therefore not a spoiler.

"As for gunslingers, Roland," Cuthbert says, "I am here. And we are the last."

When two fit, it makes you think
    I got the cute one, my woman
    She says, "Lovin's all I bring"
    And it's her loving that's a wonderful thing.
    Lovin' yes we are, it's such a wonderful thing
    When two fit it makes you think
    See us both in the black
    She lays on me so relaxed.
    -Big D and The Kids Table

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
    Speak of the devil and he shall appear.

It's good to see you back.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
    Seriously, if you're not reading Y : The Last Man, give your eyes and brains a treat and go read it right now.

Go!
    I'm about to go order it online in just a bit. Jimmy-comic-advice has never lead me astray yet!

It's good to see you back.
    I'm great in small doses.

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I'm about to go order it online in just a bit. Jimmy-comic-advice has never lead me astray yet!
    I hope you like it. It has something that comics are really lacking today : Strong female characterization.

Yorick and Ampersand are pretty great too.

Vaughn's really great at the female characters though. His "Runaways" comic is set in the regular Marvel U, and the girls outnumber the boys in the team. You don't really see that all too often.

a ghost? a ghost. Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead

Off topic, but if Erin likes post-apocalyptic stories, would you recommend Walking Dead to her?
    you're solid gold // i'll see you in hell

I'd recommend Walking Dead to anyone and everyone.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Walking Dead is ...amazing. There is no other way to describe it.

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Walking Dead is ...amazing. There is no other way to describe it.
    Yes there is. BADASS.

Few comics rile me like WD does. The last two issues have jarred me. Simply outstanding.

Gunslinger Apprentice Steve will become famous soon enough Steve's Avatar

I'd rank the apocalyptic comics thus:

1.) The Walking Dead
    2.) Y: the last man

The Walking Dead is the only comic to ever chill me to the bone.

"I aim to misbehave."
    -- Malcolm Reynolds

"I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar."
    -- Hoban Washburne

"What does that make us?"
    "Big damn heroes, sir."
    "Ain't we just."
    -- Malcolm Reynolds and Zoe Washburne

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    I'd rank the apocalyptic comics thus:

1.) The Walking Dead
    2.) Y: the last man

The Walking Dead is the only comic to ever chill me to the bone.
    Nothing in comics is more chilling than this!

Gunslinger Apprentice Steve will become famous soon enough Steve's Avatar

Heh.

Hey Jimmy, notice how Agent 355 and Michonne bear striking similiarities? Twinners, mayhap?

"I aim to misbehave."
    -- Malcolm Reynolds

"I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar."
    -- Hoban Washburne

"What does that make us?"
    "Big damn heroes, sir."
    "Ain't we just."
    -- Malcolm Reynolds and Zoe Washburne

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

He has an 18-pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Heh.

Hey Jimmy, notice how Agent 355 and Michonne bear striking similiarities? Twinners, mayhap?
    I never saw a resemblance, actually. Both characters carry themselves and speak differently enough that, although physically similar they're not all that the same.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes! I'm a huge Walking Dead fan. I'm a few issues behind right now, but wow. That is some crazy, awesome stuff.

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I also have a fetish for post-apocalyptic subjects.

When I found out Y was a post-apocalyptic story, I was hooked.

I thought living in a world where I was the only dude around would be heaven. For Yorrick Brown...not so much.
    Back in junior high, I used to dream about a world where I was the only male around and my last name is Brown. It is a sign! Of what, I do not know. JK, but this comic does sound very interesting.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I just picked up Vol. 1 a little while ago! Can't wait to start it!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast