Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: DT Maps, Addresses, and Locations

Along the Path of the Beam timtempest6 is on a distinguished road timtempest6's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Or what about a MMO RPG in the style of The Elder Scrolls theres a map
    <a href="http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=454365726& albumID=0&imageID=6916662"img src="http://hotlink.myspacecdn.com/images02/98/24f3b2758ce84f1a89cffc63e6affd42/m.jpg" alt="damn i look good here" //a>

Gunslinger Apprentice Ryan is on a distinguished road Ryan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default The Dark Tower Series Rants and Frustrations *spoilers*

**DON'T HATE ME**
    Reading the DT Series for the Nth time.
    I'm taken back to a part from Misery where Annie goes on one of her tirades after reading Pauls first draft of Misery's Return. On and on she goes about the 'series shorts' she saw at the movies where they would continue from week to week and how seeing that one week the hero was trapped like a rat and magically the next week survived the crash. She stands up and yells "CHEATER"......
    Am I alone in the thought that SK may have cheated just a little bit in the way he wrote himself into the story and the actions he alowed himself to take in the evolvement of the story???
    - The bag in the parking lot
    - The turtle in the bag
    - The envolope in the lobby
    - The note in the bathroom at Dandelo's pad

I know he writes from the heart and takes from his own life to draw out the evolution of the story. Clearly evident with the Accident with the van, etc. However, I can't help but think maybe he got stuck on how to finish and couldn't find another way out...like a hero being trapped like a rat

Constant Reader
    Constant Reader

The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed. - SK

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Dear Constant Reader,

the questions touched upon in the starter post of this thread are already being discussed elsewhere, for example:

King's Role in SoS
    Did He?

more Rants and Frustrations are welcome! only please, my dear friends, make sure there's isn't already a home for a particular Rant or Frustration you are posting here

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Dear Constant Reader,

the questions touched upon in the starter post of this thread are already being discussed elsewhere, for example:

King's Role in SoS
    Did He?

more Rants and Frustrations are welcome! only please, my dear friends, make sure there's isn't already a home for a particular Rant or Frustration you are posting here

My apologies Jean! I moved it from the IMMRN thread earlier. I wasn't really sure where to put it. I figured it could be it's own thread unless someone decided otherwise.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I already PMed Ryan about all this and it is all worked out. This thread can stay in here for a bit as a more general thread.

Thanks

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think the idea of the thread is very good, it's where all minor rants and frustrations can be - those who haven't gotten their own threads yet. We've always been in need of such a thread, thank you Ryan!

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

Definitely check out the King's Role in SoS thread.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

My only minor annoyance in the Dark Tower series is the plot hole or inconsistancy between an event in WOTC and DT7.
    Andy and Slightman the Elder notified Finli o'Tego of the gunslingers in Calla Bryn Sturgiss and then when we get to Blue Heaven in DT7 Finli o'Tego and everyone else act as if gunslingers coming out of Mid-World is some distant rumor/myth.
    This is the only thing that has bothered me in the whole series and I just ignore it whenever I read the series. If King ever does do a re-write of the series I hope this plot hole is eliminated.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Country
    Country Flag

I hope it won't be. Like all other "mistakes", I think it's a sign of a bigger thing not yet comprehended.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    I hope it won't be. Like all other "mistakes", I think it's a sign of a bigger thing not yet comprehended.
    Well, to me there are subjective and objective mistakes. Most folk have complaints about what they consider mistakes in the way the story went (like Cozener) or the way a character was handled.
    To me this was an objective mistake, a plot-hole. I don't know, maybe Ted Brautigan removed this exchange from Finli's mind before he could report it to Pimli, or mention it to anyone else at Blue Heaven?
    Of course thats reaching big time. Its just an oversight, that I just have to ignore. Doesn't touch my deep love for the series.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post
    If King ever does do a re-write of the series I hope this plot hole is eliminated.
    I hope not...
    Even with all its "imperfections" (Whatever they may personally be)..... A RE-WRITE!!!!. I've already bought the White Album 4 times.

If it does ever come to a re-write however, and I'm aware that the GS has already had one, I hope the series, as a completed, hands off, I'm finally finished, collection will be boxed in a set. Signed or not (signed perferably). I see a 7 book collection all of the same binding and colour, the dust covers all with their perspective art work on the front and back but, on the binding, when put together, has some sort of mosaic

Food for thought
    Constant Reader

Yep. A box-set would rock. I'd love to pay extra for some new Dark Tower artwork on it too, really amazing new stuff done by Michael Whelan.

Country
    Country Flag

agreed.
    did you happen to see how much the signed set went for on e-bay?
    I had to quit following it after it toppen $14K
    Constant Reader

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    agreed.
    No I didn't. A friend of mines wife has the signed numbered artist edition and is disgustingly non-chalant about it too. I'm telling her how fantastic it is that she has it and shes "yeah its pretty neat"...

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    agreed.
    No I didn't. A friend of mines wife has the signed numbered artist edition and is disgustingly non-chalant about it too. I'm telling her how fantastic it is that she has it and shes "yeah its pretty neat"...

One of these days that will just cause you to totally lose it, won't it?

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    One of these days that will just cause you to totally lose it, won't it?
    It's only by a will of iron that I haven't lost all my hair by now..

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Or lost your friend because you start shouting at his wife that it's a goddamned signed motherfuckin' Dark Tower? Learn to fucking appreciate it properly. Pretty neat is winning twenty dollars on a scratch off card.

If you rescue me

Country
    Country Flag

...I'm telling her how fantastic it is that she has it and shes "yeah its pretty neat"...
    Steel em..... after a week start sending her randsom letters. When she tells you about the letters "yeah its pretty neat".

MMMWWWaAAAA HHHAAAA HHAAA HHHAAA HHHHAAAA
    Constant Reader

Country
    Country Flag

.... still on topic?

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

My only minor annoyance in the Dark Tower series is the plot hole or inconsistancy between an event in WOTC and DT7.
    Andy and Slightman the Elder notified Finli o'Tego of the gunslingers in Calla Bryn Sturgiss and then when we get to Blue Heaven in DT7 Finli o'Tego and everyone else act as if gunslingers coming out of Mid-World is some distant rumor/myth.
    This is the only thing that has bothered me in the whole series and I just ignore it whenever I read the series. If King ever does do a re-write of the series I hope this plot hole is eliminated.

I just read this part in Dark Tower VII last night. I was thinking that maybe Andy and Slightman reported to Sayre. Sayre had all the knowledge of what was happening with Mia/Susannah and knew of the Gunslingers. Pimli isn't even aware of Mordred when he's talking with Finli, they talk of the child as another myth. I'm wondering if Sayre was just keeping all the secrets from them. Keeping them in the dark so they could just focus on the Breakers.

Otherwise, it is just a big fat mistake that is annoying.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

I would love for your idea about Sayre to be true, but I'm afraid it was just a big fat boo-boo on King's part. It almost makes me think he's human or something...

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

yeah, I know it is a total stretch but I'm trying.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

it'd be nice if you're right but they seemingly report to finli. maybe finli knew but didn't tell anyone and was just acting surprised when it happened. i know, not all that plausible, but still...

No, not plausible at all. No "still" about it. We're just going to have to suck it up and deal with the fact that its just a big plot hole, however much we dislike to admit it.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

fine be that way.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast