Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 8 teenagers beat up another girl to make video for youtube ok girls off the internet

Gunslinger Apprentice towerguard is on a distinguished road towerguard's Avatar

Default 8 teenagers beat up another girl to make video for youtube ok girls off the internet

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,347949,00.html

I hope these girls get punished to the full extent of the law.
    I think we ought to read only the kind of books that wound and stab us. If the book we are reading doesn't wake us up with a blow on the head, what are we reading it for? - Franz Kafka

Palaver Castle Chef mia/susannah is on a distinguished road mia/susannah's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I could not agree with you more. That is terrible what they did to that poor girl. If that was my daughter, I would look for justice in other ways.

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

When you hear the "blame the internet" spiel from the parents of the victim, it is not encouraging...

(...)
    "These Web sites are creating a space for criminal activity, beating, fights," Patrick Lindsay said. "MySpace, MTV's 'Jackass,' they are enticing our children and desensitizing out children. Now, if they create the best shock video, they are the heroes. They think it is top dollar."

(...)[/I]

I think the perpetrators should be punished to the full extent of the law as well, but to put the blame on the internet is preposterous. nobody FORCED these girls to act like animals. i blame the parents of the perpetrators much more than any internet site, violent or not. watching violence does not create violence.

Gunslinger Apprentice towerguard is on a distinguished road towerguard's Avatar

I've seen some video of it on youtube (cut from news reports) and it's just sad, what they did with that girl. If I was thier parent, I'd say "fuck child abuse" and beat the living shit out of her, maybe more kids need beatings.
    I think we ought to read only the kind of books that wound and stab us. If the book we are reading doesn't wake us up with a blow on the head, what are we reading it for? - Franz Kafka

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't even blame the parent's. It is 100% the fault of these girls.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    I don't even blame the parent's. It is 100% the fault of these girls.
    ultimately, of course it is the fault of the girls. however, good parenting might have produced girls not so likely to resort to violence as an activity. certainly the parents are not legally responsible in my opinion.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Truly I don't think good parenting is even a factor here. I'm sure with 8 children some of their parents were good and some bad. I totally blame the girls themselves for their actions.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

All I can say is that if that was my kid getting beat like that, those kids would all get a serious beep-kicking. I find that kind of behavior to be unacceptable and down right disgusting. If I was a parent of the kids doing the beating, the first thing that would happen is that my kid would be lucky if there were cops around to protect them. Let them think it out in prison.

Goldmember Kevin will become famous soon enough Kevin will become famous soon enough Kevin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Agh, this kind of stuff makes me sick to my stomach. These kids deserve everything they can possibly get.

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Agh, this kind of stuff makes me sick to my stomach. These kids deserve everything they can possibly get.
    And then more....

Gunslinger Apprentice Samanthita is on a distinguished road

I have about a million problems with today's society, and I'm not even shocked by this. It's sad, and I feel for that girl. But the kids will get a slap on the hand, the parents will blame everyone but themselves or their own kids, and the world will forget about it the next time Brittney Spears does something "shocking."

My only other problem is that they have to throw the "popular, honor-roll student and varsity cheerleader" part in there. It doesn't really matter, it doesn't make me feel sorry for her any more or less.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I think if this is something we want stopped we all have to reject the sick part of our culture that created it.

Makes me sick.

I don't blame their parents but if I was their parents, I would blame myself.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I think part of it IS bad parenting. Too many parents look to outside influences to blame the actions of their children on, because they don't want to do the very job they signed up for. The parents who are blaming the Internet are the ones who didn't do their job, IMHO.

Now, I know you can do everything in your power to raise a good kid and have a bad kid instead - sometimes that happens. But more and more, I think the lazy parents are becoming the rule rather than the exception. I feel sorry for those of you who are trying to raise good kids and have to deal with them hanging around kids like these.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I feel sorry for those of you who are trying to raise good kids and have to deal with them hanging around kids like these.
    Its a very big problem and not only that...the culture says its okay and is now counter to what good parents try to teach their children.

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I feel sorry for those of you who are trying to raise good kids and have to deal with them hanging around kids like these.
    Its a very big problem and not only that...the culture says its okay and is now counter to what good parents try to teach their children.
    110% Agreement. Its definitely taking a turn for the worse.

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The other girls' lawyer was like "the victim went online and posted 'hahaha all in jail' online so you have to wonder how upset she was over it" or something, and I asked my roommate and she was like "shit yes, if people beat me up I'd brag about their incarceration." So I guess that answers that.

What the FUCK is wrong with kids? I'm only like 5 years older than these girls and nobody I knew was that fucked up.

Citizen of Gilead ATG is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Charyoo Tree.
    That's what they deserve.
    "The Constitution shall never be construed....to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms" (Samuel Adams, Debates and Proceedings in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 86-87)

Citizen of Gilead jemaher will become famous soon enough jemaher will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

The hoodlums are to blame. it is the culture of these young teen girls to look to their peers and not their parents for guidance and approval. while it is a frequent cop out to 'blame' poor parenting or the media/ technology, the blame lies with the individual. to make excuses for instead of examples of these brats is criminal. we are a civilization in decline.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I totally agree, the kids have personal responsibility.

However, any of us that are parents are fighting an uphill battle against our culture to teach kids to do the right thing.

Its hard but not impossible. I can say with every confindence in the world that none of my three teenagers would ever be involved in such a monstrous act. They may cross the line in some places, but this crosses the line in a way that children should be taught is not okay.

That's why, for me, I would consider the entire blame my own as a parent but because I feel that way. My kids would never have done it.

Its hard, but it can be done if you try. Kids that aren't monsters I mean.

Demon of the Prim Ruki is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

i know it won't happen but i hope they all spend time in prison. not one of them thought beating the shit out of a girl may not be the best response to her myspace page, that's seriously messed up. and in the middle of beating her senseless, while she's begging them to let her go, they're saying things like "don't break the shelf" and "there's 17 seconds left, make it good." what the hell is wrong with them?

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

The thing that pisses me off, is that those girls will get probation and a slap on the wrist!!
    If anyone ever did that to my kid, I would beat the crap out of them myself. What would ever posses kids to beat on someone just to post it on youtube!! My god!
    My heart goes out to the girl who had to endure that. I would be afraid for my life too, after that.
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

And that's the irony. If you beat the crap out of them YOU'D go to jail, for sure.

Life is so unfair sometimes.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

They acted like they do not even understand how far out this behavior is. When they were being booked they were making statments like, Guess we won't get to go to spring break" and "Will I be able to go to cheerleading practice tommorrow?"

Too much for me to comprehend where their minds are at.

Peaches Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EXPLORER View Post
    They acted like they do not even understand how far out this behavior is. When they were being booked they were making statments like, Guess we won't get to go to spring break" and "Will I be able to go to cheerleading practice tommorrow?"

Too much for me to comprehend where their minds are at.
    One can only hope that they get a good dose of reality. A REAL punishment that fit the crime would be very good for them right about now.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, like them going to detention and promptly getting fuckin' stomped by the sweet little gals in there.

If you rescue me

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast