Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Joe Hill's Locke & Key

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MonteGss View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    I read every issue as soon as it comes out, usually twice. Then I reread it just before reading the new issue to refresh my memory and maintain continuity.

Glad I don't have to choose, but if I did, I would take L&K over the DT comics without question.
    Me too. It's a new story, new characters and the artist is super awesome.
    Yes, exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Wow, I never knew this thread existed. I love this series.
    Just today I finally got a chance to read Issue #2 of the new Crown of Shadows story arc.
    How are the new ones so far? And do you know how many issues are in this arc?
    Glad to see you here, Heather!

I love every issue of L&K without fail. My only complaint is that they are so good that usually they seem too short. Crown of Shadows, especially issue #1, rocks! I'll look up the number of issues in this arc and let you know, usually it is five or six.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Glad to see you here, Heather!

I love every issue of L&K without fail. My only complaint is that they are so good that usually they seem too short. Crown of Shadows, especially issue #1, rocks! I'll look up the number of issues in this arc and let you know, usually it is five or six.
    Thanks! And I know what you mean. I really wish they were longer. Once I pick them up I have a hard time putting them down. And then before you know it, you're done.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Just pre-ordered the Crown Of Shadows hb, due mid August.

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Thanks so much, Karen!

Super cool !
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

so, is everyone still buying these? I am! Still waiting for it to finish to read it all! But I buy every issue and every key.
    There is a comic book store in NH called Jetpack and they are featuring Joe in September....click here for link. I am excited! I didn't get the comic on Free Comic Book day and now I can! WOOT WOOT!!!!
    They are also going to be selling Skelton Keys and Jetpack varients! Check them out! If you buy from them, mention my name and let me know in here, I am trying for a "finders fee" LOL
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Nerak View Post
    so, is everyone still buying these? I am! Still waiting for it to finish to read it all! But I buy every issue and every key.
    You bet, but only the HCs though. I did read the first two books, but now I'm waiting for this series to be finished and then read the whole thing.
    Anyone know when this will be?

sk

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I wait for the HC because I rarely see the individual issues around here. I have to say, it's one of the best series I've ever read. Hill and Rodriguez kick ass as a team

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I am! I just got the latest hardcover a few weeks ago. Hopefully I'll get to it soon.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I got the first collection for the PSP comic viewer application. (Last I checked that was the only collection they had for Locke and Key, although they have later series available individually on Playstation digital.) I thoroughly enjoyed it. I got the next volume from the library. I haven't gotten further than that yet (I'll probably collect the volumes at some point) but it's a great inventive original series.

Nerak wrote:
    I buy every issue and every key.
    Every key? How do you mean?

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I also read the hardcover collections as they come out, and they have been spectacular. I think Head Games might be one of the weirdest things I have ever seen/read (in a good way). I generally don't read comic books. After I read the first three HC's, I thought about getting the fourth series as they came out, but I think I missed the first issue and then it seemed like too much work to find a comic store every week (month? I have no idea how often they come out).

Gunslinger Apprentice dyetye is on a distinguished road dyetye's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brainslinger View Post
    Nerak wrote:
    I buy every issue and every key.
    Every key? How do you mean?
    http://www.skeltoncrewstudio.bigcartel.com/

They started making these a couple years ago I think. I had the first 3, but just couldn't afford to keep up, so I sold them. They were really cool though...

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for posting. Those are great!

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

I would like to read this story but I don't like graphic novels in hardback, I think it's a way to jack up the prices for the story. I know some like to have the HB's which I understand but I still think they should have trade paperbacks. To me HB's should be reserved for when the series is over.
    I like reading graphic novels but except for Y I never re-read them, I usually give them away or donate them.
    I'm kind of insulted by the HB only release.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

The final number of Locke and Key - Alpha is out...and the ending was PERFECT!

Did anyone read it yet?
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

2013 Ghastly Awards Winners:

Best Mini-Series: Locke & Key: Omega (IDW Publishing)
    Best Writer: Joe Hill (Locke & Key: Omega)
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Citizen of Gilead harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    The final number of Locke and Key - Alpha is out...and the ending was PERFECT!

Did anyone read it yet?
    Yup. Loved it!

Los̶ ver 4 Life -- @shakyandspiky on Instagram -- PMs welcome

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hi, all. Just starting to get into collecting these comics individually and was wondering if there is a complete list that includes every variant for each issue? My Google search was frustrating and fruitless . Thanks!

Edit: I'll admit I'm lazy and haven't read the entire thread if the info is contained within Plus wanted to avoid spoilers as I haven't read the series yet.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I was using www.comicbookdb.com when I was getting these. It's pretty good listing all the variants. I have added a few they were missing.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    I was using www.comicbookdb.com when I was getting these. It's pretty good listing all the variants. I have added a few they were missing.
    Thanks, Dan.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Also Brian I think they list all the variants of each issue on the inside of the front cover. That or maybe they just did it on the later ones, can't remember.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    Also Brian I think they list all the variants of each issue on the inside of the front cover. That or maybe they just did it on the later ones, can't remember.
    Thanks, Josh. From looking at the ones I do have, that looks right. Lone Star Comics looks like they have them all listed as well; although a lot aren't in stock but notifications can be set should they receive any on consignment, etc. I've been very pleased with them so far.

sky ohhhh! Say: Oh yeah!!!!
    sory i'm carry

Gunslinger Apprentice louis2003b has a spectacular aura about louis2003b has a spectacular aura about

I have Lettered Subpress Locke and Key Crown of Shadows for Sale $325. Drawing inside the cover is a Snake

What is the going rate on a Lettered Subpress matched set?

I am also very happy with them so far

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast