Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Hill's Locke & Key

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Finally got all issues released so far! I love them! Great story, nice artwork....very cool.

What a talented family!

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

I am going to wait for vol. 6 before I read them through again. I forget what happens in the one I read the month before! LOL
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Where did you get them through, Monte?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Where did you get them through, Monte?
    Took your advice.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Banned Jimmy is on a distinguished road

I read the first 5 and I was pleasantly surprised. I like how the focus shifts issue to issue on the 3 kids, Bode being my favorite, and I look forward to 6.

I hate when writers reference Lovecraft though. Make up something yourself, don't crib.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

I've been seeing a bunch of these comics on eBay with 9.9 and 10 cgc grades. Very cool and very collectible ( not good for reading though ).
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    I've been seeing a bunch of these comics on eBay with 9.9 and 10 cgc grades. Very cool and very collectible ( not good for reading though ).
    You're better off collecting Pogs and Troll dolls, comics really don't make good investment collectibles anymore.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Oh, I am going to have to politely disagree with that.
    Comics have been around forever and they will stay around, especially something like the DT comics - a cross collectible ( ie - collectible as both a comic and as a SK item ).
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
    I hate when writers reference Lovecraft though. Make up something yourself, don't crib.

I actually like it myself. I look at it more as a homage to him myself. Even his contemporaries did it and he encouraged it.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    I actually like it myself. I look at it more as a homage to him myself. Even his contemporaries did it and he encouraged it.
    I guess I've read too many things where Lovecraft is brought up. He just seems to be the go-to guy for establishing creepiness or horror.

I enjoyed the William Gaines reference though.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I guess I've read too many things where Lovecraft is brought up. He just seems to be the go-to guy for establishing creepiness or horror.

I enjoyed the William Gaines reference though.
    I haven't had a chance to see these yet so, I don't know it yet.

Yeah, he kinda' is. In most cases though it's meant as a tribute to him. At some point in just about every horror writer's career they want to pay tribute to Lovecraft. He pretty much reinvented the genre and has influenced nearly every horror writer. Being a fan of horror since I was a kid I've seen many references to him too.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Yeah, he kinda' is. In most cases though it's meant as a tribute to him. At some point in just about every horror writer's career they want to pay tribute to Lovecraft. He pretty much reinvented the genre and has influenced nearly every horror writer. Being a fan of horror since I was a kid I've seen many references to him too.
    Oops, sorry.

I've recently re-read Gaiman's shorts "A Study in Emerald" and "Only the End of the World Again" which both heavily reference Lovecraft, so maybe I'm jaded. But it just seems like he's everywhere.

I also liked Vonnegut's method of referencing writers who never existed and wish more writers would employ such tactics.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Oops, sorry.

I've recently re-read Gaiman's shorts "A Study in Emerald" and "Only the End of the World Again" which both heavily reference Lovecraft, so maybe I'm jaded. But it just seems like he's everywhere.

I also liked Vonnegut's method of referencing writers who never existed and wish more writers would employ such tactics.

It's cool! Nothing to be sorry for. Personally, I don't believe in spoilers at all. I could read the end on here and it would have no bearing on my enjoyment of the story if it's good.

I think I've got a couple Gaiman shorts in anthologies with heavy Lovecraft references. They may possibly be the same ones. I'm not sure.

Vonnegut was always an original....a brilliant writer.

If you rescue me

It's cool! Nothing to be sorry for. Personally, I don't believe in spoilers at all. I could read the end on here and it would have no bearing on my enjoyment of the story if it's good.

I think I've got a couple Gaiman shorts in anthologies with heavy Lovecraft references. They may possibly be the same ones. I'm not sure.

It was only a sign reading "William Gaines High School" or somesuch, not even a spoiler.

I allow it with Gaiman though, he always satisfies.

I miss Vonnegut terribly. I latched onto his work as a boy and was deeply saddened by his loss. Truly a genius, and my pick as the greatest "small" writer of the 20th century.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

It was only a sign reading "William Gaines High School" or somesuch, not even a spoiler.

I allow it with Gaiman though, he always satisfies.

I miss Vonnegut terribly. I latched onto his work as a boy and was deeply saddened by his loss. Truly a genius, and my pick as the greatest "small" writer of the 20th century.
    I didn't even realize he was dead.

Yeah, Gaiman's awesome!

Ah, I see.

I really need to pick these comics up.

If you rescue me

I didn't even realize he was dead.

Yeah, Gaiman's awesome!

Ah, I see.

I really need to pick these comics up.
    Yes, he passed away in April of last year.

I'm nearly half-done with Gaiman's completed works. I want to read it all within the next 2 years.

It's a good story, not the greatest comic I've ever read, but very competent, and possibly promising if Hill decides to ever do more.

Gunslinger Apprentice natehorning is on a distinguished road

When does issue 6 come out?

Nate

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

not for awhile, Gabriel said that since it's going to be a little bigger than the other's that it will take a little longer to get out
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Gunslinger Apprentice natehorning is on a distinguished road

Thanks. Is there a reliable place to keep an eye on the release dates? I asked at the comic store and they said they never really know in advance either.

Nate

My Mood
    Lurking

I usually just check Joe's site. Joe or Gabriel keep us updated.

John F. Kennedy JRSly is on a distinguished road

Didn't know this series existed, but picked up the first five issues after hearing about it here. Very good story, told in a great fractured way that unfolds in an interesting way. I'm not the biggest fan of the artwork though...it's competent art...it's done very well, I just don't think it fits this book at all. The cartoonish/anime style undermines the horror aspect a lot for me.

I didn't realize it was a miniseries, I figured it'd have to be...but just didn't know how many issues it might be told across. Seems like there's more story for one more issue, but we'll see how it works out soon...can't wait for the conclusion.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I have a lot of catching up to do. Today I finally got issues #4 and #5. So no idea when #6 is going to be released? I'll try to read these two slowly.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Country
    Country Flag

I see that there are now a couple eBays for issue #6. I checked Joe's website and have seen nothing about its release yet.

I suppose the eBay items are presales...?

My Mood
    Lurking

It was released today..shit, have to go get mine.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast