+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Your First SK Book

Citizen of Gilead TerribleT is on a distinguished road TerribleT's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I loved Needful Things!!!!
    It's stressful being an other. ~ Juliet

I believe there ought to be a Constitutional Amendment outlawing Astroturf and the designated hitter. ~ Crash Davis

Donkey Thief Mike Beck is on a distinguished road Mike Beck's Avatar

hell yeah! alan pangborn was the man. that was the first of his that I read that involved so many characters. the way those people were pitted against one another. sick and amazing.

i wonder what leland gaunt is doing these days.

Demon of the Prim Ruki is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

i've been begging a friend to read needful things. he keeps going on and on about how awesome the movie was but no matter what i say he refuses to believe the book could be anywhere near as good. fucking freak.

Otter of the Prim cozener will become famous soon enough cozener will become famous soon enough cozener's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

My first King book was The Gunslinger. It was only after I got all the way up through W&G did I start looking at his other books. I wasn't interested in horror until I started reading DT

Quote Originally Posted by Ruki View Post
    i've been begging a friend to read needful things. he keeps going on and on about how awesome the movie was but no matter what i say he refuses to believe the book could be anywhere near as good. fucking freak.
    arr, the books are always better!!

Citizen of Gilead tamez is on a distinguished road tamez's Avatar

:rose:

my first book was The Shining
    i think i was in middle school or something
    scared the shit outta me!
    There are other worlds than these.
    "You brought your bitch to the Waffle Hut?"

"(859): You were wearing a sombrero. And a crown. And told me to use the nerf gun to protect your room from the cat. You don't have a cat."
    ~ texts from last night

look, it's Tamez.

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tamez View Post
    My little brother borrowed my hardcover Shining before Christmas and I still don't have it back. I'm trying really hard to not got all OCD on him.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Otter of the Prim cozener will become famous soon enough cozener will become famous soon enough cozener's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm sorry but the rules are quite clear. You cannot ask for a book back before the passing of one month.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by maerlyn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tamez View Post
    My little brother borrowed my hardcover Shining before Christmas and I still don't have it back. I'm trying really hard to not got all OCD on him.
    I'd have gone OCD by Christmas Day probably.

Quote Originally Posted by Cozener View Post
    I'm sorry but the rules are quite clear. You cannot ask for a book back before the passing of one month.
    True, however this rule does not apply to SK books, especially hardcovers. If I allow you to hold one of my SK books long enough to read the dustjacket this constitutes a loan and is probably as close as you'll ever get to one so long as I'm alive.

In the unlikely event I do actually think enough of you to really loan you one I'll be asking how the books coming along before the next day begins.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Traveler 1ofthe19 is on a distinguished road

My first SK book was The Gunslinger. I read it in 7th grade (three years ago) and LOVED it. By the time I read it all the DT books were out and so I didn't have to wait between volumes. It was SWEET!

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Brice I now only lend the paperback versions....Hardcovers are the sole exclusive property of their owner.......ME!
    I am considering when I am dead, a gift to either this site or my local library.

If I allow you to hold one of my SK books long enough to read the dustjacket this constitutes a loan and is probably as close as you'll ever get to one so long as I'm alive.

In the unlikely event I do actually think enough of you to really loan you one I'll be asking how the books coming along before the next day begins.[/QUOTE]

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Citizen of Gilead blackrose22 is on a distinguished road blackrose22's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

First SK book for me was The Dead Zone, loved it and haven't looked back since. Also liked the film adaptation of it as well.

Gunslinger Apprentice Lance is on a distinguished road Lance's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think my first was Night Shift. If it wasn't that it was 'Salem's Lot because I loved the mini-series as a little boy. But once I read the first one it was like crack. I was fortunate to have a huge library even though I lived in a podunk north Georgia town and they had almost every one of his books there.
    I'm Joe Collins, bitch. Recognize!

"I don't like pot. It dulls my hatred" - Darlene Conner

Gunslinger Apprentice Clacke will become famous soon enough Clacke's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

My first was 'Salem's Lot in 1980. And 28 years later here it is:

It's been many times read, and it's well past its sell-by date, but I'll never part with it.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

That's one well-loved book right there.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

First one I read was Pet Semetary, first one I owned was It, second one I owned was both The Gunslinger and The Drawing of Three because I bought them together.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

M.I.A. Unfound One is on a distinguished road Unfound One's Avatar

My first SK book was The Gunslinger

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Clacke View Post
    My first was 'Salem's Lot in 1980. And 28 years later here it is:

It's been many times read, and it's well past its sell-by date, but I'll never part with it.
    That's the way a book should be. Dog-eared but well read. Great book Clacke.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Pet Semetary is what started it all for me.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

John F. Kennedy hoin1585 is on a distinguished road hoin1585's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My first book is On Writing , I read it 3 years ago (I was 11).
    LOVE + PEACE = INFORMATION

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My first King story was one I read when I was about 10 years old. My mother was working as a public librarian at the time and brought home many books for me to read. During that time, I read books like The Odyssey, The Illiad, and other adult level books. One day she brought home Cycle of the Werewolf. I read it about a week later. I've been hooked on King since then. My older brother would later introduce me to The Gunslinger, The Drawing of the Three, and Eyes of the Dragon.

Gunslinger Apprentice Roland number 19 is on a distinguished road Roland number 19's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

My first book was the Gunslinger and thank God for that. If I hadn't of had such a strong first reaction to King, I do not think that I would have plunged so far into his works. Which was the best thing that could have happened to me.

I remember being a thirteen year old and walking through Sam's and seeing the cover of the book and buying it on a whim. Now look at me. :]

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Thinner...long back (1993...or 1994...I don't remember)
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

She gave me a pen. Ves'Ka Gan is on a distinguished road Ves'Ka Gan's Avatar

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

My first King was *I Think* Skeleton Crew (is that the one with Chattery Teeth?). Or the audio book of The Mist, the two were very close together, so I can't remember which came first.

The first full length novel I'm pretty sure was Tommyknockers (way creepy becuase a lot of family members names turn up in that book!).

The first movie was IT. I loved that movie dearly for years before I ever read any King, and sadly reading IT killed the movie for me. I don't even sort of like it anymore.
    YOU MUST CHILL. I HAVE HIDDEN YOUR KEYS.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast