Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The SK Collection at the Fogler Library

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Why don't you come during the first days of august so we can meet?
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

oooooo road trip?
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

WTF is this:

Box 2305
    The Napkins
    Typescript
    Edited manuscript
    Photoreproduction of typescript
    Edited photoreproduction of typescript
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

The Napkins was the working title of The Eyes of the Dragon.

John

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post
    something else that's interesting. Hope this is legible to you all. Note to Bill Thompson on his Shining manuscript:

the only fucking copy? dear god in heaven, what if it had gotten lost or stolen? could you imagine the world without the shining?

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

I'm considering taking a seminar at the Folgers next year for school. Technically, I'll be going to study Shakespeare, but we know the real reason...

why, to study shakespeare of course. what other reason could there possibly be?

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Maybe one of the mods could correct the title of the thread? it says folger instead of fogler.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Maybe one of the mods could correct the title of the thread? it says folger instead of fogler.
    Done. Thanks for pointing that out.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by obscurejude View Post
    I'm considering taking a seminar at the Folgers next year for school. Technically, I'll be going to study Shakespeare, but we know the real reason...

Who the hell is Shakespeare?

j/k He is good, but he is no Stephen King.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by turtlesong View Post
    the only fucking copy? dear god in heaven, what if it had gotten lost or stolen? could you imagine the world without the shining?
    The manuscript for The Stand was temporarily lost when someone picked up the wrong bag from the overhead compartment on an airplane. Can you imagine the panic that must have set in when he realized what had happened?

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Funny - the correction of Folger to Fogler and the discussion above about obscuredude going to the Fogler to study Shakespeare. In washington, DC the Folger theater is a reproduction of an authentic Shakesperian theatre! And was the place where the Three Kings was held last April. Seems Stephen King and Shakespeare ARE really connected! :-)
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post
    Funny - the correction of Folger to Fogler and the discussion above about obscuredude going to the Fogler to study Shakespeare. In washington, DC the Folger theater is a reproduction of an authentic Shakesperian theatre! And was the place where the Three Kings was held last April. Seems Stephen King and Shakespeare ARE really connected! :-)

Bob-

Thanks for clearing that up. The background of my brain was trying to work that all out and you went and did it for me. Thanks!

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post
    Yeah, I've actually never been so I just assumed that King was connected based on the posts in the thread. My school sends funding to the Folger and so the grad students can apply for grants to fly to DC and sit at the feet of the Shakespearean elites. I knew the three kings was held there as well, but I'm glad you cleared it up man.

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by turtlesong View Post
    The manuscript for The Stand was temporarily lost when someone picked up the wrong bag from the overhead compartment on an airplane. Can you imagine the panic that must have set in when he realized what had happened?
    i thought losing the shining would be bad. i'm pretty sure the world would've ended with the loss of the stand.

oh hey. i just got that.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Purportedly there is an unpublished collaboration between Joe Hill and King.
    Among unpublished works is one partly completed with his father, "But Only Darkness Loves Me", which is held with the Stephen King papers at the Special Collections Unit of the Raymond H Fogler Library at the University of Maine in Orono, Maine

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think I've heard of that title before.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Me too, but i dont remember reading it was a collaboration with Joe...
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Traveler LeenyM is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Bleh, Fogler. I was so excited when I started school about it, and then i went in and i can't even find the SK stuff... i thought there would be like a display of his stuff. Instead, Fogler is just boring and full of the people that actually study... maybe I should be more like SK was and actually study, huh? Anyway... I hang out in the Union next to Fogler, so if anyone wants me to go on a quest to seek stuff from our boy steve, I can easily get in and look since i'm a student

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by LeenyM View Post
    Bleh, Fogler. I was so excited when I started school about it, and then i went in and i can't even find the SK stuff... i thought there would be like a display of his stuff. Instead, Fogler is just boring and full of the people that actually study... maybe I should be more like SK was and actually study, huh? Anyway... I hang out in the Union next to Fogler, so if anyone wants me to go on a quest to seek stuff from our boy steve, I can easily get in and look since i'm a student
    I wouldn't be too consumed with the boring people, I'd just want help to point me to and allow me to examine the rare King items.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Anything you could find, that'd be awesome!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

So...anyone visited the Foggler library lately?
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

I wish i could go

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

News from the Mod at SKMB:

"Unfortunately, when boxes have been sent over the years to the Special Collections at Fogler (UMO) from the office there have been items mixed in that are by other writers, not just Stephen. That's the main reason we have a temporary moratorium on allowing visitors to go through the collection; we hope to find the time to go through those to sort out any items that don't belong there and are incorrectly attributed to Steve."

Looks like some of the info we collectors have could be wrong.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

That's kind of strange that they'd let non-King stuff get mixed in. You'd think it would be better organized.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast