Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The SK Collection at the Fogler Library

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Default The SK Collection at the Fogler Library

Collection Title: Stephen Edwin King Papers
    Date of Collection: 1968 -
    Box Numbers: Box 718, 1005 - 1019a & 2283 - 2327 & 2692 - 2703
    Quantity: 74 boxes

Provenance: Gift of Stephen King, over a period from 1976 -
    Access Restrictions: No restrictions
    Preferred Citation: Stephen Edwin King Papers, Special Collections, Raymond H. Fogler Library, University of Maine
    Copyright: Contact department for copyright information
    For Additional Information:

Special Collections Department
    University of Maine
    5729 Fogler Library
    Orono, Maine 04469-5729
    (207) 581 1686

http://www.library.umaine.edu/specco.../Kingstep1.htm

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I went to the Fogler Library in 1998 when I was in Bangor for the BAG OF BONES signing. I had called and made an appointment about a month prior. A bunch of us were hanging around at Betts Bookstore and I mentioned that I was going. Of course everyone thought that was a great idea and asked if they could come along. I said "Sure!" and about 10 of us drove to Orono in two or three cars.

The two librarians in the Special Collections Department were very surprised and shocked when about 10 of us walked in. Initially they were very hesitant to bring out anything for us to look at. But, as some time went by with some very good conversation, they warmed up to us and started bringing the boxes out. I most remember seeing the original manuscript for THE GUNSLINGER stories on that weird green paper that King says he inherited as a student library assistant. That and the SECOND COMING manuscript were among the highlights that I remember.

If you are ever in the Bangor area you definitely should consider a short side trip to the Fogler Library. I think it is a good idea to call ahead, though.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I plan to go and stop by in July, but I can't call from here. Can I go without an appointment?
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I am definitely putting that on my "If I go to Maine" list.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    I plan to go and stop by in July, but I can't call from here. Can I go without an appointment?
    Try here. You can Chat with, or e-mail a librarian at the Folger library.
    Probably a good starting point.

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I went without an appointment and got to see and read plenty! There is one or two boxes however, that they will not show you as you need permission from the man himself! :-)

Bob, I remember seeing The Second Coming Manuscript, and I remember reading I Hate Mondays, Comb Dump and a few others! ???
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Do they limit what you can look at time-wise? I mean, if you decided to spend 6 hours there would they let you go wild?

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post
    Do they limit what you can look at time-wise? I mean, if you decided to spend 6 hours there would they let you go wild?
    No time limits that I know of. I was there for at least two hours (along with nine of my closest friends). I think if you are there during the normal library hours of operation you should be OK with no time limits. But, again, it was 10 years ago when I was there. I have no idea what the situation is in 2008. I don't think they have all that many people wanting to look at the collection. I suspect if you went during the week you might have the Special Collections all to yourself.

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very interesting stuff. We plan to tour Maine in the next year or two. I'll add this to "places of interest".

Thanks for the link!

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

of course no pics allowed, right?
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    of course no pics allowed, right?
    Ask them.
    I would guess that close up pictures-the kind almost equivalent to a scan would be verboten but background pictures might be allowed.

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Funny....I was just at the Folger a few days ago as a trip that include Bangor and then I read these post. In fact, I was pleasantly surprised when I asked for permission to photograph the manuscripts and was granted. Here below is a few I took of Carrie's Typescript manuscript ( and I took plenty!).

Nice photos, Fsmdr. I'd love to go back and see those items again.

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

something else that's interesting. Hope this is legible to you all. Note to Bill Thompson on his Shining manuscript:

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

nice! And you didn't stop in to see me while you were on the east coast, Juliana
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Those are really neat, Juliana. I didn't think they'd let any photos. Now, if they only allowed photocopying...

John

My Mood
    Stressed

I did have plans to visit you, Nerak. But I ran out of time. I'll definitely see you next time I'm up there.

John, I wish!!.

Palaver Castle Chef mia/susannah is on a distinguished road mia/susannah's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am definately going to plan a trip to Maine. I have to go the Folgers Library.

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Tre' magnific ! Thats an impressive collection.
    If next year we do meet in Maine, I'd like to
    see this before I leave to go home.

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, I ain't leaving Maine with out going there if I can make it there. I've always wanted to go.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Now that y'all keep talking about it. I wanna go NOW! Not later! LOL

Juliana, would love to meet you, or anyone else that comes to the area!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I think Jerome and I need to take a road trip.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Lurking

COME ON OVER!! WOO HOO!! LOL

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    I think Jerome and I need to take a road trip.
    I am ready most any time.

My Mood
    Lurking

woo hoo!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast