Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

Thread: Scribner to publish King’s ‘Sword in the Darkness’

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Scribner to publish King’s ‘Sword in the Darkness’

Scribner announced today they have acquired the rights to, and will publish Stephen King’s ‘Sword in the Darkness’. One of King’s earliest works, Sword in the Darkness was finished on April 30th, 1970 and has sat unpublished and only accessible by written permission from King himself, in the special collections archive in the University of Maine at Orono.
    Harry M. Pitts from Scribner states: “At over 150,000 words and 485 pages, this work by King has been long sought after, and we are proud to publish it. Additionally plans are in place to produce a signed limited edition that we feel will eclipse any previous book production ever done for a King novel. The lettered edition will be bound in faux human skin with special ‘piercings’. We look forward with great anticipation to releasing the book one year from today-April 1, 2009”.
    Book synopsis: Arnie's life is torn apart when his pregnant sister commits suicide, and his mother dies of a brain tumour. He eventually seeks a relationship with the saucy Kit Longtin after being rejected by Janet Cross. Marcus Slade, a black activist lawyer arrives in town, and after an incident at Harding High School where he is speaking, the riot erupts, and the town burns!
    Fuelled by gangs like the Dock Street Socializers, the Markham Avenue Chieftains, and the Turner Street Trades, the riot shows the evil side of human nature.
    Complete information can be found here: Scribner

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Hmm. I thought so.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Lirpa Loof.

I WOULD buy that!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

YESSSS!!!!!

John

Spoiler:
    I just clicked on your link.

STINKER!

John

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm so gullible, I first thought Holy crap! Then I realized it was April 1...

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

This is just cruel.

....but very funny Jerome!
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Should have seen that coming.

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Darn, and I was looking forward to the lottery for the 'faux human skin' edition!
    "God punishes us for what we cannot imagine." - Stephen King, Duma Key

Palaver Castle Chef mia/susannah is on a distinguished road mia/susannah's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very good, Randall Flagg

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

Heh...
    Harry Pitts?
    Good one, Randall Flagg.

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

meanie!!

All I could think of is that Grant usually does the limiteds for Scribner King and we didn't get an offer
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

hmmm!

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

RF, brilliant! you had me until the human skin covers.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

It'd be funny if King stumbled across this.

He'd be all WTF???

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post

He'd be all WTF???
    and then maybe he'd actually write it. that'd be cool.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post

He'd be all WTF???
    and then maybe he'd actually write it. that'd be cool.
    Oh, the book is already written. That's what makes the joke great to me.

If you rescue me

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

It is based upon reality, as the manuscript truly does reside at the Folger Library, at the University of Maine Orono, and is accessible only by written permission from King himself.
    The Faux human skin was just a whim-I added the 'piercings' to it as recent news mentioned a lady who had to use pliars to remove her nipple rings to pass through security at an airport.
    All seemed like fun. I will clear the thread out soon.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Have you checked out King's message board today. It's been translated into Swedish chef-ese

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

John