Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 70 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 1732

Thread: Book Dealers-eBay sellers-dt.org buyers/sellers/ to Avoid like the Corona Virus

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

A good friend of mine (and respected member) loaned a significant amount of money to a well known individual in the Stephen King community who seemed to be in financial distress. The loan was contingent upon the individual providing an item as collateral, and after 100% payoff within one year, the item would be returned.
    The money was sent in advance trusting the person to fulfill their commitment. To date the individual never paid it back, never sent the collateral, and now won't answer an calls, texts, or emails.

Over 15 months now.

My friend is out $1K

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Is this individual a member here? (the borrower)

Hopefully not, as that is a pretty poor way to behave...

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

very shady indeed, I realize you do not want to share the name but how are we to avoid them otherwise?

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    A good friend of mine (and respected member) loaned a significant amount of money to a well known individual in the Stephen King community who seemed to be in financial distress. The loan was contingent upon the individual providing an item as collateral, and after 100% payoff within one year, the item would be returned.
    The money was sent in advance trusting the person to fulfill their commitment. To date the individual never paid it back, never sent the collateral, and now won't answer an calls, texts, or emails.

Over 15 months now.

My friend is out $1K

LOL Didn't I get a "time out" for this very same circumstance? LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Not me, not me! lol

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Not me, not me! lol

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Damn, that's disappointing to hear.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If it's a member here. I would like to know who RF so i can make sure I don't have any dealings with them!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Wasn't me.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

For the record, I am neither the loaner or loanee in this story.

Just my 2 cents...but the point of this thread is to warn sellers about bad dealing involving specific buyers...and by not naming them, several members felt the need to come forward to vindicate themselves.

My opinion...it would probably be best to either name the offender, or don't post.....it is just going to direct suspicion toward the membership.

I know when I read the story, I immediately started thinking about who the thief (as described in the story) was....and I even came up with few "suspects" in my mind.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    For the record, I am neither the loaner or loanee in this story.

Just my 2 cents...but the point of this thread is to warn sellers about bad dealing involving specific buyers...and by not naming them, several members felt the need to come forward to vindicate themselves.

My opinion...it would probably be best to either name the offender, or don't post.....it is just going to direct suspicion toward the membership.

I know when I read the story, I immediately started thinking about who the thief (as described in the story) was....and I even came up with few "suspects" in my mind.

The well known person is not a member here. But is well known in the Stephen King world.

I needed to vent a bit, and did not intend for members to feel compelled to deny involvement.

Gunslinger Apprentice NoAttitudeThisTime is on a distinguished road

I had a somewhat similar experience with a previously well-known figure in the King community a few years back - he ran a popular website which is now long defunct. After two years of him just ignoring my requests, I decided to give up altogether. His wife who co-hosted the site was more sincere and I never experienced anything negative when I bought some items from her.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree with Rick: names should be posted so the rest of the members can avoid those sellers.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    I agree with Rick: names should be posted so the rest of the members can avoid those sellers.
    I would hate to deal with this person and lose out....
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    I would hate to deal with this person and lose out....
    Agree 100%

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

I am going to loan $1000 to the following people:

Stephen King
    George Beahm
    Mike Whelan
    Rick Perry
    Dave McKean
    Joe Hill
    Owen King
    Nick Dameron
    Phil Hale
    Bernie Wrightson

Who do you suggest I NOT loan that money too?

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post

Stephen King
    George Beahm
    Mike Whelan
    Rick Perry
    Dave McKean
    Joe Hill
    Owen King
    Nick Dameron
    Phil Hale
    Bernie Wrightson

What am I, wood? LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Stephen King
    George Beahm
    Mike Whelan
    Rick Perry
    Dave McKean
    Joe Hill
    Owen King
    Nick Dameron
    Phil Hale
    Bernie Wrightson

Who in the hell is Nick Dameron?
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Stephen King
    George Beahm
    Mike Whelan
    Rick Perry
    Dave McKean
    Joe Hill
    Owen King
    Nick Dameron
    Phil Hale
    Bernie Wrightson

Probably Rick Perry. I went to college with him and didn't like him very much. He turned out to be a pretty good governor though.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Stephen King
    George Beahm
    Mike Whelan
    Rick Perry
    Dave McKean
    Joe Hill
    Owen King
    Nick Dameron
    Phil Hale
    Bernie Wrightson

Ned's second cousin - on his fathers side...
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post

Stephen King
    George Beahm
    Mike Whelan
    Rick Perry
    Dave McKean
    Joe Hill
    Owen King
    Nick Dameron
    Phil Hale
    Bernie Wrightson

Ned's second cousin - on his fathers side...

Nick Dameron, super sleuth and legendary private detective......
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Lol
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Rick Perry sounds like a relative of the character from Dead Poets' Society.

Rick Berry, now that's another King related.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Rick Perry sounds like a relative of the character from Dead Poets' Society.

Rick Berry, now that's another King related.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Stephen King
    George Beahm
    Mike Whelan
    Rick Perry
    Dave McKean
    Joe Hill
    Owen King
    Nick Dameron
    Phil Hale
    Bernie Wrightson

Forget that.
    Your choice.
    FMK:
    carlosdetweiller
    Merlin1958
    Randall Flagg

+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 70 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 ... LastLast