Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 70 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 ... LastLast
Results 1,526 to 1,550 of 1732

Thread: Book Dealers-eBay sellers-dt.org buyers/sellers/ to Avoid like the Corona Virus

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

I have also had positive experiences with knightmare on eBay, much the same as 1. described by lotuz, above. I was able to acquire a few long-sought after items at prices I was very happy with. They were very well packaged and arrived quickly.

Despite the drama here, I would still do business with him again if he offers something I'm looking for at a price we can agree on.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    I only avoid him and commenting to his post because he was a jerk the only time I commented to one of his post. I cracked a joke about selling kids as a way to avoid parenting cost and he was extremely rude. It was an obvious joke (post is in the bookcase thread). I don't need the drama, so I avoid him.
    I remember that comment. As a parent, I thought it was funny.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post
    I have no comment about anyone else's experiences, and no desire to join in the broader discussion/argument, but I will contribute my experiences:

1. I had previously purchased items off of eBay from this seller prior to the seller joining TDT. He has thousands of books in his eBay store and from what I have seen of it there are items that are (a) good bargains, (b) fair market prices, and (c) higher than market prices. I generally tend to purchase from groups (a) and (b) and I believe but don't fully recall if I've ever submitted an offer for an item in the (c) group. All items were well packaged and shipped in a timely manner and I had no issues.

2. I have since purchased items directly from this seller after connecting with him on this site and was very happy with my purchases. For one purchase, he sold the item to me for less than I offered because he thought it was a fairer price. Again, the items were well packaged and shipped in a timely manner and I had no issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    I have also had positive experiences with knightmare on eBay, much the same as 1. described by lotuz, above. I was able to acquire a few long-sought after items at prices I was very happy with. They were very well packaged and arrived quickly.

Despite the drama here, I would still do business with him again if he offers something I'm looking for at a price we can agree on.

HBJ
    I’ve never done business with him and have no immediate plans to, but I appreciate this feedback. Thank you.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post
    I have no comment about anyone else's experiences, and no desire to join in the broader discussion/argument, but I will contribute my experiences:

1. I had previously purchased items off of eBay from this seller prior to the seller joining TDT. He has thousands of books in his eBay store and from what I have seen of it there are items that are (a) good bargains, (b) fair market prices, and (c) higher than market prices. I generally tend to purchase from groups (a) and (b) and I believe but don't fully recall if I've ever submitted an offer for an item in the (c) group. All items were well packaged and shipped in a timely manner and I had no issues.

2. I have since purchased items directly from this seller after connecting with him on this site and was very happy with my purchases. For one purchase, he sold the item to me for less than I offered because he thought it was a fairer price. Again, the items were well packaged and shipped in a timely manner and I had no issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post

HBJ
    I’ve never done business with him and have no immediate plans to, but I appreciate this feedback. Thank you.
    Here's a little more feedback.

I responded to an offering of a Joe Hill chapbook. We agreed on a price. Before I paid he said he actually had two chapbooks. I could have the second one also if I wanted it. I agreed.

I doubled the price I had agreed to for the first chapbook and sent him the money. He refunded me some money because he discounted the price due to the purchase of two books.

I paid using PayPal. I inadvertently failed to change the default selection to Friends and Family as agreed. (I swear it use to default to F&F and now it doesn't.) I offered to pay the fee that he was charged by PP. He refused.

I was very happy with the transaction. He was fair. The packaging was good. The shipping was quick.

I also happened to be the seller of a book he bought on eBay. That transaction went smoothly too.

Whatever other drama notwithstanding, I have no problem buying from or selling to him.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

I haven't bought anything from him. My problem was how he presented himself in the Cemetery Dance forum. There were several better ways to address what was being asked of him and picked one of the worst ways to do it. I haven't mentioned his ebay ID but he is asking for mine to try and hurt me in some way. I only brought this discussion over here because it didn't belong over at the CD forum. I am not suggesting anyone should stop doing business with him if you like him, I'm just saying after what I've seen, I'll pass is all. Who knows? He has over 2000 blocked on ebay, I'm probably one of them already. RF seems to be one and I'm not sure he ever found out why he was blocked. Que sera sera....

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I've never dealt with him, but followed his quick career in the Rare & Collectible group on FB.

He was an arse. Rude, argumentative, and came across as an online troll just wanting to cause shit. I'm surprised the admin there let him stay as long as they did considering he was outright abusing one of them.

So he's blocked thousands of people on eBay, and by his own admission, reasons could vary from actually bad business dealings to he just didn't like the of someone's profile, he then joins a FB group filled with very active and knowledgeable King collectors and quickly alienates them and gets himself blocked after abusing an admin, and then comes here, carries on with the same belligerent attitude and accuses RF of inappropriate communication when called out on his shitty eBay practices.

He's clearly a people person

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    I've never dealt with him, but followed his quick career in the Rare & Collectible group on FB.

He was an arse. Rude, argumentative, and came across as an online troll just wanting to cause shit. I'm surprised the admin there let him stay as long as they did considering he was outright abusing one of them.

So he's blocked thousands of people on eBay, and by his own admission, reasons could vary from actually bad business dealings to he just didn't like the of someone's profile, he then joins a FB group filled with very active and knowledgeable King collectors and quickly alienates them and gets himself blocked after abusing an admin, and then comes here, carries on with the same belligerent attitude and accuses RF of inappropriate communication when called out on his shitty eBay practices.

He's clearly a people person
    + 1,000

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the feedback, friends. In no way do I want to discount nor dismiss his behavior, I just wanted to know whether he was actually ripping anyone off.

I’ll never understand why any seller would block well-known, respected collectors (and there appear to be a number of ‘em) and yet be unable to articulate any reason for doing so.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Thanks for the feedback, friends. In no way do I want to discount nor dismiss his behavior, I just wanted to know whether he was actually ripping anyone off.

I’ll never understand why any seller would block well-known, respected collectors (and there appear to be a number of ‘em) and yet be unable to articulate any reason for doing so.
    Don’t look for rational explanations for his behaviour, then his behaviour begins to make sense

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Interesting that someone with the same IP address as knighmare just registered as user Randall Fag. They even used my crow avatar.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow!! That’s gutsy! Did you approve his registration?

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Interesting that someone with the same IP address as knighmare just registered as user Randall Fag. They even used my crow avatar.
    Hahaha.

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Wait . . . is this Jerome? Or the Brooks guy? How diabolical if knightmare registered as RF, used the crow avatar, and then made this post his first post!

Also, knightmare was paid by the Clintons to kill Jeffrey Epstein.

I love conspiracy theories!

Seriously, what a ballsy move to try to register as the OWNER of the Forum. Really shows the type of person he is.

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hahaha!
    You should approve it, if only to see how this all plays out.
    "When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
    Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by surly View Post
    Hahaha!
    You should approve it, if only to see how this all plays out.
    I considered that, but decided to ban the user and the IP address (76.187.131.154)

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

So add homophobic and stalker to his long list of qualities. What a

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Reminded me of the personality traits of the guy who did monthly book sets and screwed everyone over.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by shaq View Post
    Reminded me of the personality traits of the guy who did monthly book sets and screwed everyone over.
    Yeah I was thinking the same thing.

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Really?? I wasn’t aware he was a bigot on top of it all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post

He tried to register a new account with the name "Randall Fag".

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post

He tried to register a new account with the name "Randall Fag".
    Oh holy shit I missed that! My brain read Flag. Wow! What an asshat.

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It's a little funny and a lot sad. Guy has some major anger issues and probably bi-polar off his meds.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shaq View Post
    Yeah I was thinking the same thing.

Do you mean Nocturnal Reader's Box?

The social skills aspect seems similar.

The NRB guy was taking orders for items he knowingly couldn't deliver. He was screwing people over and robbing Peter to pay Paul. He was a criminal. That isn't the case with knightmare.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

It appears there are no complaints about transactions completed with knightmare, he just rubs some (not all) people the wrong way. Whoever registered the new derogatory account (I can't prove it but the facts are reasonably clear) obviously wants to be annoying. I was under the impression that knightmare was doing $1k a day in business. I would think that kind of book volume would keep a real businessman busy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 70 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 ... LastLast