Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 70 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 69 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 1732

Thread: Book Dealers-eBay sellers-dt.org buyers/sellers/ to Avoid like the Corona Virus

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Boomme View Post
    I'd avoid this Ebay seller!
    theauthenticatedshop

I pointed out that this signature was trash... but he's sticking with his POS "certificate of authenticity" ha ha
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-Stephen...-/253007155379
    It's a terrible signature but I think that one might be real. I've seen similar... usually when he's confronted out in public (parking lot, store, restaurant etc.) and he's signing quickly while someone is holding the book in front of him.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    theauthenticatedshop

I pointed out that this signature was trash... but he's sticking with his POS "certificate of authenticity" ha ha
    It's a terrible signature but I think that one might be real. I've seen similar... usually when he's confronted out in public (parking lot, store, restaurant etc.) and he's signing quickly while someone is holding the book in front of him.
    I think so too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Load up the Spaceship with the Rocket Fuel

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by HONKYTONKSMASH View Post
    theauthenticatedshop

I think so too

I also think it is real....but I have a hint of doubt,

90% it is real.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    theauthenticatedshop

I think so too

I also think it is real....but I have a hint of doubt,

90% it is real.
    I would agree with you Rick. I'm more real than not...

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I've never seen a real signature that bad... I stand by my opinion that is a bad fake

in fact, I emailed the authentication company to verify if they actually authenticated it. I have my doubts that a sports memorabilia "authority" really has the expertise in King sigs anyway.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Better can be had for less no doubt. Appears to be a, "I don't care to be bothered" sig.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gunslinger Apprentice Zidan will become famous soon enough Zidan's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Not sure where to take this story but this seems like the right thread to discuss potentially shoddy book dealers, so here goes:

I stepped into a well-known bookstore in Vancouver, Canada during a recent visit. I asked about the King books in their collection and the lady sitting behind the desk mentioned that they also had a signed 1st edition of Cell being offered for $500 CAN. Curious to see what they had, I asked to look at the book. What I saw surprised me. On the title page, a dedication/inscription was written in black marker (felt-tip pen style) and was ended with the name STEPHEN in capital letters where the signature should have been. Basically, there was no signature at all, just the word "STEPHEN" in black marker after the inscription.

Accompanying the inscription was a remarque that was supposedly added by King himself. It was a doodle of an "angry cellphone" with a frowny face where the mobile screen is. Somehow King was able to draw a detailed cellphone in thick black marker but was unable to sign his actual name (I hope you all sense the sarcasm in that last statement).

Once I saw the bizarre title page, I requested to take a photograph of the signature to validate it, especially since there was no COA accompanying it. The lady insisted that I could not take a picture and that the owner of the shop is a "very honest" man who wouldn't sell a fake signature. I tried to explain that this wasn't even a signature and looked nothing like King's work but it only frustrated her more. Seemed shady to me and I promptly left the store.

Thought I would share my experience here.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Your comment on a COA concerns me.....would it have made you feel better if the bookshop had made one for you?

My point is that a CofA is worthless.

So....who is this dealer that is selling this crap?.....come on...name names!

FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Gunslinger Apprentice Zidan will become famous soon enough Zidan's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Your comment on a COA concerns me.....would it have made you feel better if the bookshop had made one for you?

My point is that a CofA is worthless.

So....who is this dealer that is selling this crap?.....come on...name names!

I asked for a CoA because I was that baffled with the supposed signature/remarque. I doubt it would have made me feel any better about it but I guess I just wanted some sort of explanation for the bizarre book. I told her that it looked like a complete fake because it didn't even remotely resemble his signature!

The bookstore is called Albion if I remember correctly.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

For calling a fellow member a very bad name simply for asking a reasonable question, avoid Ebayer murvic69 because they suck. If you need further details, check out the Ernest Cline thread.

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Beware ebay seller usluk_d7jjhbldj for selling THIS.

Book arrived moldy, smelly, banged corners, water damage, and with a previous owners gift inscription.

When I asked for a refund they told me it was my fault for not asking for more pictures.

It took ebay getting involved, but I got my money back.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Book arrived moldy, smelly, banged corners, water damage, and with a previous owners gift inscription.

When I asked for a refund they told me it was my fault for not asking for more pictures.

I think i remember that book..they knew it was beat to hell Think they tried to sell it on fb first

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the heads up, Rick. Glad you got your money back.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Seller has relisted the book today

https://www.ebay.com/itm/IT-Stephen-...~nL:rk:19:pf:0

Glad to see they have added pictures of some of the damage....I notice they have not put a picture of the former owners gift inscription.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Seller has relisted the book today

https://www.ebay.com/itm/IT-Stephen-...~nL:rk:19:pf:0

Glad to see they have added pictures of some of the damage....I notice they have not put a picture of the former owners gift inscription.
    These guys are shady AS HELL. I dealt with her on Facebook. They played the part of the world is ending and she needed the money... they also had a flatsigned DT7 too I remember... but was not sure of the signature.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

One of the cool things about this site is being able to warn others. It doesn't mean we're attacking the seller, but a simple warning of a shady seller moving highly suspect signed books.

The seller eBay ID is miscellaneous_things_4u Not sure if he's been discussed here or not.

He hides his sold books behind the private rule that eBay unfortunately allows. Not all are questionable that he's sold, but some are just the same. If you ask about them he gives the same story of how he obtained them from an estate sale in Connecticut.

Anyway, just a friendly heads up of an eBay seller with highly questionable signatures (sold & selling).

https://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISA...edbackAsSeller
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Gunslinger Apprentice PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    One of the cool things about this site is being able to warn others. It doesn't mean we're attacking the seller, but a simple warning of a shady seller moving highly suspect signed books.

The seller eBay ID is miscellaneous_things_4u Not sure if he's been discussed here or not.

He hides his sold books behind the private rule that eBay unfortunately allows. Not all are questionable that he's sold, but some are just the same. If you ask about them he gives the same story of how he obtained them from an estate sale in Connecticut.

Anyway, just a friendly heads up of an eBay seller with highly questionable signatures (sold & selling).

https://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISA...edbackAsSeller
    I have been scammed by them before. Every signature they sell is fake, and they are directly connected to another seller whose handle I think is "comicbooksandthings" or very similar. Both stay FAR away from.

Edit: I checked the "comicbooksandthings" sale I had, and the person now changed their name to "caspersback"
    Lettered Wants:
    Altered Carbon "O"

Lettereds for Trade:
    The Passage Trilogy
    Wool Trilogy
    Silence of the Lambs
    Jekyll & Hyde

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Here are his sold items...

www.ebay.com/miscellaneous_things_4u/Sold

Very sketchy.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post

Very sketchy.
    Yes, and he gets oh so angry when you ask anything about them. In my years of dealing with people, the ones that seem to get angry are the ones who know they're doing something wrong.

Anyway DT family, keep an eye out for this guy. He doesn't play nice.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post

Very sketchy.
    Yes, and he gets oh so angry when you ask anything about them. In my years of dealing with people, the ones that seem to get angry are the ones who know they're doing something wrong.

Anyway DT family, keep an eye out for this guy. He doesn't play nice.

Mulleins
    This was a note he sent to a person I know (that I'm helping with this):

"Very good. Because I know as well as you do, that you purposely purchased this book with the sole intention of doing exactly what you are doing right now. With the final goal being to smear my seller reputation by leaving negative feedback. It's been an ongoing process with you and your followers in an attempt to corner a market for yourselves. It's been done to many sellers with a barrage of reporting their books, threats and bullying tactics. Rest assured, the one I have on now is my last as I have lost enough money investing in his books to know it isn't worth it."

As member PennyUnwise mentioned above....I also believe this seller to be linked to one or more sellers moving highly suspect signed books.

Let's see if he sticks to his leaving eBay threat. He's also very angry because eBay took the side of the buyer.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

mediaguruwill listed a book as a 1st/1st. I messaged him explaining that the book was not a first edition. (Boards were the wrong color.)

He wrote back asking if I was a buyer. I explained that I would have been if the book was actually a first edition. He then wrote a puerile message asking if I was the hall monitor.

I reported the fraudulent listing and banned him as a buyer.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

https://www.abebooks.com/Carpe-Libru...-_-seller-_-sf

Steer clear of this douchebag.. apparently doesnt believe a price clipped dj should be disclosed..and is being difficult on the return

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

https://www.abebooks.com/Carpe-Libru...-_-seller-_-sf

Steer clear of this douchebag.. apparently doesnt believe a price clipped dj should be disclosed..and is being difficult on the return
    From his own terms "Any purchase can be returned for any reason for a full refund within 30 days of receipt."

Did you pay with credit card?

Mulleins

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah he says that but is fighting me on return shipping..i can always go that route through the CC but so far Ive just tried to resolve with him(and now ABE)...he is acting like a toddler

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Kazoo Books LLC on ABE and elsewhere. See my post on bad packaging.
    WANTED:

Lettered Danse Macabre
    Marshroots
    Lettered Eyes Of The Dragon
    Lettered The Stand
    BOMC signed Full Dark No Stars
    MM AGOT #249
    Lettered Frankenstein

+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 70 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 69 ... LastLast