Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 70 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Dealers-eBay sellers-dt.org buyers/sellers/ to Avoid like the Corona Virus

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Exactly Dan.
    This tricky crazy person is now wanting to finance a boob job without depleting her book collection.
    What better way than to lie and say Im selling stuff, collect the money via paypal gift, then high-tail it to the nearest plastic surgeon and never ship any books?
    My for sale list is forthcoming...
    reality continues to ruin my life

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedNadine View Post
    Sent him money on July 2nd. He acknowledged receipt and said he would PM me tracking number. Since then no word from him at all after three PMs and an email.
    WTF?
    Dan - any joy with the Desperation you wanted?
    Anyone vouch for/against Mr. Stevohump as a seller?

I call dibs on the IT gift edition. PM sent

Quote Originally Posted by stevohump View Post
    Hi Everybody,

1. Signed Scribner 1st edition in Like new condition - 11/22/63 w/ Cemetery Dance Tray Case - $200 (obo)
    (Signed in Alpharetta, Ga during 11/22/63 book Tour)
    2. Cemetery Dance - IT 25th Ann. Gift Edition w/ slip case (Like New Condition) - $100 (obo)
    3. Hodder & Staughton UK 1st - IT (F/F) - $55
    4. Macdonald UK 1st - Skeleton Crew (F/F) - $35

PM if interested, pics, and info
    Damn!. I sent him payment for the gift IT too!!. I even sent him $4.00 more than he is asking to make sure it covers shipping!. Paid on July 2nd and thought maybe he is one of those sellers that just sends a book without communication. I also checked his profile and it says last active on July 3rd.....going to file a Paypal dispute now.
    WANTED:

Lettered Danse Macabre
    Marshroots
    Lettered Eyes Of The Dragon
    Lettered The Stand
    BOMC signed Full Dark No Stars
    MM AGOT #249
    Lettered Frankenstein

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

This is sounding very bad...
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Citizen of Gilead Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh no, that sucks. You always get one who has to spoil things and con people. I hope this guy does come through and make good on the sales.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Not cool. Not cool at all. Hopefully there is a valid explanation for this.

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post
    Damn!. I sent him payment for the gift IT too!!. I even sent him $4.00 more than he is asking to make sure it covers shipping!. Paid on July 2nd and thought maybe he is one of those sellers that just sends a book without communication. I also checked his profile and it says last active on July 3rd.....going to file a Paypal dispute now.
    So he sold the IT gift edition to both you and I on July 2nd? Surprised he didnt double sell the Desperation, too. You got lucky Dan.
    Ill try doing a paypal dispute but since it was paypal gift of paypal funds I dont think they can do anything.
    What a scum bag.

Demon of the Prim east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice

Country
    Country Flag

So he sold the IT gift edition to both you and I on July 2nd? Surprised he didnt double sell the Desperation, too. You got lucky Dan.
    Ill try doing a paypal dispute but since it was paypal gift of paypal funds I dont think they can do anything.
    What a scum bag.
    WOW !!!! Sorry to here about this Guys/Gals....I inquired about the inscribed DTII he had and he responded that it was sold...I got lucky...

My Mood
    Twisted

Crow, Patrick, whomever I think these posts about Stevo should be moved over to Sellers to Avoid?

Quote Originally Posted by east-tennessee View Post
    What a scum bag.
    WOW !!!! Sorry to here about this Guys/Gals....I inquired about the inscribed DTII he had and he responded that it was sold...I got lucky...

Citizen of Gilead thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Hmm...I had inquired about the 112263....guess it's a good thing deal didn't go through...not a headache I would have wanted to deal with.

G
    "Absorb the genius of the moment." -Michael Stipe
    "Victory is sweet even deep in the cheap seats." -Connor Oberst
    NEED:

One For Road Signed Artist Edition, PS Publishing
    The Gunslinger Viking proof
    Carrie $7.95 Doubleday later printing

My Mood
    Twisted

Member Stevohump - Looks like he might have ripped off about four of us members.

The posts are in the Collectible Classified thread but might be moved here.

Are there any members who have had any dealings with him where they might have an address on file for him? Or a phone number?

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Or his last name/twitter/myspace/home town?*

*from which you might cheaply and easily be able to get that info.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

According to one of his earliest posts, he ordered from Betts in 2011...

My Mood
    Twisted

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Or his last name/twitter/myspace/home town?*
    *from which you might cheaply and easily be able to get that info.
    Stephen Humphrey from Alabama. Email: tatachip@gmail.com

That much I know

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I have his info, but at this point I am debating if/how it should be revealed.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I purchased the My Prety Pony copy. Not received it yet. I didn't pay gift, so I can file a complain at any moment (will do if I don't get it by the end of the week).
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Along the Path of the Beam Highbury is on a distinguished road Highbury's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Tatachip? I think that might be his YouTube name as well. Do a search, shows off a limited 11/22/63 and a gift edition of IT.

EDIT - Okay I had to check it out, the YouTube account name has been changed to what I think is his actual name.

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

This sucks I've been buying off members for years and I've never had a problem. I'd hate to see a bad egg ruin the perfectly smooth dealings we've had in the past.
    Geoff

My Mood
    Twisted

Quote Originally Posted by evilash View Post
    I also thought he would be trustworthy as a member since 2010. My own fault sure, but I am still out $314 Canadian and am pissed off. I know that I will be wary of doing business this way in the future as much as I would like to think otherwise. It would appear that I was the biggest loser in this whole mess but would still be pissed if my loss was $10. The way I look at it is I am going to have to get great deals on the next several items I buy just to "break even". I will probably take a break from purchasing anything for the foreseeable future to lick my wounds and maybe the break will end with me going The Shannon route and quitting altogether. This whole experience has left a really bad taste in my mouth about collecting and I am really not sure when it will return to being the "sweet" taste that kept me seeking out the pieces to fill the holes. If this happened on eBay I really don't think I would be having such a severe reaction but it happening here really has a feeling of violation attached to it. Anyway, thanks for letting me vent.
    Brad
    Hey dont let one bad apple spoil the whole bunch Brad. This guy is an asshole at best and it is worse that he was a member and took advantage of members, but thankfully he is not in the majority. Not sure how long you've been collecting but Im sure youve made a few good deals - maybe sold something at a decent profit or picked up something way below market value. Unfortunately this (and the occasional forged signature, or book arrived damaged ARG) is par for the course. You live, learn and move on. Theres some good deals out there waiting to be had and I think it would be a shame to give Humping Stevo the satisfaction of knowing he's ruined your collecting bug.

My Mood
    Twisted

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    I purchased the My Prety Pony copy. Not received it yet. I didn't pay gift, so I can file a complain at any moment (will do if I don't get it by the end of the week).
    Mind if I ask when you paid for it?

My Mood
    Twisted

Quote Originally Posted by Highbury View Post
    Tatachip? I think that might be his YouTube name as well. Do a search, shows off a limited 11/22/63 and a gift edition of IT.

EDIT - Okay I had to check it out, the YouTube account name has been changed to what I think is his actual name.
    Got a link?
    Yes Im tracking this fucker down

Along the Path of the Beam Highbury is on a distinguished road Highbury's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

PM sent TN. Hope it helps. Wish there exists a valid reason for the absence on the board.

Ha! Never mind you got his name posted earlier.

My Mood
    Twisted

PM sent TN. Hope it helps. Wish there exists a valid reason for the absence on the board.

Ha! Never mind you got his name posted earlier.
    Sigh guess I suck at searching youtube - cant find him

Country
    Country Flag

http://youtu.be/jQ40UW3zInQ

Well...looks like they exist.

My Mood
    Twisted

http://youtu.be/jQ40UW3zInQ

Well...looks like they exist.
    Thanks. They existed over a year ago anyway. Wonder how many times he sold those same copies since Jan 2012?

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow!! This really sucks. I generally feel very comfortable with transactions occurring through this site. As mentioned above, shame to have that record tarnished. However, from what I can see it's been two weeks since anyone had contact with him. Perhaps, something went wrong in his life and he is addressing it. He seemed like a nice guy and frequented other threads than "selling" one's as I recall.

I hope things work out for you guys!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 70 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 ... LastLast