Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

Thread: Book Dealers-eBay sellers-dt.org buyers/sellers/ to Avoid like the Corona Virus

Threaded View

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Book Dealers-eBay sellers-dt.org buyers/sellers/ to Avoid like the Corona Virus

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg
    Note: This edit has been added on 11/29/2014 to clarify the intention of this thread.
    This thread is to alerts members about troubles with those who buy and sell Stephen King and Stephen King related collectible items. The primary focus is on books, but is open for other collectible items related to Stephen King. Personal issues between members and Dealers, ebay sellers, and other Dt,org members need to be resolved outside the board.

We have a recommended book dealers thread and I know it was mentioned that we could start an ebay sellers to avoid type thread, so hopefully this isn't out of place. (If it is, feel free to trash it admins)

I was thinking a good format could be:

Name of Book dealer / eBay Seller:

Reason to Avoid:

And also, allow those sellers a chance to respond to their criticisms, should they stumble upon them.

I'd like to start with one that really got under my skin today, when I received the first of two books I ordered from them.

Name of Dealer: Coldspring Books (http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/Sell...PL?vci=6770772)

Reasons to Avoid: TERRIBLE packaging of books. I received a copy of "The Dunwich Horror and Others" by HP Lovecraft (the Easton Press version) which is worth about $125 - $175. It came loose in an envelope. Thats right - loose in an envelope. I understand some booksellers using envelopes because they are too cheap to protect a book properly in a box (well I dont GET it, but I have experienced it anyways) - but AT LEAST wrap the book in bubble wrap first! I mean, a $150 book really isn't the type of thing that should be banged around in transit! Needless to say, I'm pissed off - especially when I specifically requested the book be shipped boxed and there was a $3 up charge in the shipping.

So the Lovecraft book that I was really looking forward to adding to my collection that was in near fine condition when I purchased it, now has bumped corners, and a cocked spine. Heres to hoping the book I ordered the following day, Burgess' "A Clockwork Orange" doesn't come in the same sorry state.

And thats why you should avoid Coldspring Books like the plague.
    Last edited by Randall Flagg; 11-29-2014 at 01:05 PM.