Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 70 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Dealers-eBay sellers-dt.org buyers/sellers/ to Avoid like the Corona Virus

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

The same happened to me now that I see it... Hmmm...I don't know what to do.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    The same happened to me now that I see it... Hmmm...I don't know what to do.
    File a report on Amazon explaining the situation. They'll have you try to work it out with seller first, and if nothing happens, they'll go after the seller for a refund. You're probably best off reordering again in December.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I give 24h to the seller for refunding me, then i'll log a complaint to amazon.
    I'll reorder it later on.
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Any news on Brennan? Doesn't seem like he is on ebay any more.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Hopefully he just didn't change the name.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Hopefully he just didn't change the name.

I've been watching out for him but haven't noticed any of his books for sale. Hopefully he has gone the way of the dinosaurs. Or is sitting in prison for mail fraud.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

eBay finally banned him after multiple forgery and fraud investigations were initiated against him. He bought a book on eBay and less than a month later attempted to resell it with "Stephen King's" signature magically added.

The discussion starts here:
    The-eBay-BS-Game-Questionable-items-signatures-sellers-#5962

Country
    Country Flag

Good. I knew about the book that finally got him, but didn't know of the results. Thanks for the update.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    eBay finally banned him after multiple forgery and fraud investigations were initiated against him. He bought a book on eBay and less than a month later attempted to resell it with "Stephen King's" signature magically added.

The discussion starts here:
    The-eBay-BS-Game-Questionable-items-signatures-sellers-#5962
    That's great!! How did you hear that he was officially banned?

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    That's great!! How did you hear that he was officially banned?
    Actually I probably spoke out of school. I don't know that he is officially banned. He hasn't been active since mid-July which is shortly after the investigations began. His profile is still present on eBay so perhaps he isn't banned but just laying low.

Gunslinger Apprentice Tony will become famous soon enough Tony will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

I posted a copy of NOS4A2 + bone mallet for sale in the Classifieds thread, asking for offers. Little did I know that I'd be verbally abused. I'm not going to share any names or identify anyone, but I thought it would be interesting to share the exchange. I got the first message from the person saying:

I am a huge joe hill fan and I would love to have this. The book itself was 125 plus this thing so I mean I would offer between 50-90 for it.
    To which I thought the only logical reply would be:

LOL
    I then received this followup from the same person:

Ok mr. "Expert" you tell me what its worth. Obviously they over prooduced them or they wouldn't just be giving them away. Joe hill stuff isn't even selling for that much unless its early locke and key. Notice on eBay hardly any of the listings for NOS4A2 are selling. That's because why? The price is too high. So congrats but you will probably not receive an offer of anything over 100 dollars especially because I could probably call sub press and get one for less than you want. So take your 142 posts and LOL that.
    I'm sharing it because it's the first time I've ever had this kind of message from someone on here. It's not that my feelings are hurt, because they're not, it's just I figured that everyone here was a little more mature than that, and you all probably are, it's just that this one stuck out like a sore thumb.

Gunslinger Apprentice erxbooks is on a distinguished road erxbooks's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    I posted a copy of NOS4A2 + bone mallet for sale in the Classifieds thread, asking for offers. Little did I know that I'd be verbally abused. I'm not going to share any names or identify anyone, but I thought it would be interesting to share the exchange. I got the first message from the person saying:

I am a huge joe hill fan and I would love to have this. The book itself was 125 plus this thing so I mean I would offer between 50-90 for it.

LOL

Ok mr. "Expert" you tell me what its worth. Obviously they over prooduced them or they wouldn't just be giving them away. Joe hill stuff isn't even selling for that much unless its early locke and key. Notice on eBay hardly any of the listings for NOS4A2 are selling. That's because why? The price is too high. So congrats but you will probably not receive an offer of anything over 100 dollars especially because I could probably call sub press and get one for less than you want. So take your 142 posts and LOL that.
    I'm sharing it because it's the first time I've ever had this kind of message from someone on here. It's not that my feelings are hurt, because they're not, it's just I figured that everyone here was a little more mature than that, and you all probably are, it's just that this one stuck out like a sore thumb.
    I agree with you. I expect more from the the people here. Between this, the BS that went on about the Gunslinger on ebay that the seller retracted and the bile that is spewed forth about people buying books to sell for a profit it has been fairly uncivil around here lately.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've never read a Joe Hill novel and don't collect him. I'm not sure what this edition is (sig, limitation, etc.) or what a bone mallet has to do with it.

Having said that, I'll offer you $110 if you don't get anything better, just to counter the rude joker who PM'd you. "...you will probably not receive an offer of anything over 100 dollars " my ass.

(My apologies if that is low-ball. I really know nothing about the market for this book. I'm mainly trying to make a point.)

Citizen of Gilead mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Devilish

If you check the sold listings on eBay you can see how much the book is selling for. Almost double cover price if not more

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

LOL

I searched the completed listings for the book on eBay - here are some prices realized:

The addition of the mallet, which came with only a handful of numbered editions, certainly adds some value to the book. There are many people offering the book at over $300 with no takers, but it is certainly worth more than retail price of $125. Just ignore the low offer...

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by erxbooks View Post

LOL

I agree with you. I expect more from the the people here. Between this, the BS that went on about the Gunslinger on ebay that the seller retracted and the bile that is spewed forth about people buying books to sell for a profit it has been fairly uncivil around here lately.
    Unfortunately, I agree with you 100%. Really not sure why certain posts have provoked so much attitude lately.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

lack of Civility or spirited discussion? I took it as spirited discussion. I quite enjoyed the discussion and peoples thoughts. I actually had that debate at the SK signing in Toronto. Someone said they should honor the deal and then backed out on a different deal. quite funny actually. Not funny to the person that got backed out on, but funny that when the situation was applied to them it "wasnt fair" but when it was someone else how dare they back out.

it appears that i am in the minority here and didn't want to see someone get "ripped" off so badly. although, i would never go so far as to report to the person or get involved in any one else's good "steal" i mean deal.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Simple solution: Post your ideal prices for items on the Collectible Classifieds board and then (if applicable) say that you are open to negotiation.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

it's just I figured that everyone here was a little more mature than that
    There's your problem......assuming that we are mature.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Exactly. Who wants to be mature!

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erxbooks View Post

LOL

Unfortunately, I agree with you 100%. Really not sure why certain posts have provoked so much attitude lately.
    Just so you know, I emailed Bill at Sub Press because I was one of the unlucky ones not to get the mallet. He said he only had a few kicking around the office that were not for sale, and that because of the cost he would not be getting any more. I think you could do very well on ebay with it if you don't get the offer you are looking for here, especially given what they have already been getting. I am fairly new here, but so far most people have been pretty nice.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    lack of Civility or spirited discussion? I took it as spirited discussion. I quite enjoyed the discussion and peoples thoughts. I actually had that debate at the SK signing in Toronto. Someone said they should honor the deal and then backed out on a different deal. quite funny actually. Not funny to the person that got backed out on, but funny that when the situation was applied to them it "wasnt fair" but when it was someone else how dare they back out.

it appears that i am in the minority here and didn't want to see someone get "ripped" off so badly. although, i would never go so far as to report to the person or get involved in any one else's good "steal" i mean deal.
    I don't see any serious issues. There was some spirited discussion on the "Gunslinger" where I stepped in and asked for folks to get back on track (and they did).
    If there is no healthy debate/discussion on an issue then the forum dies.
    People quickly tire of unending congratulatory posts.
    I am glad this issue was brought up.
    IMO, the "buyer" tried to lowball a price. Tony was surprisingly patient. The "buyer" essentially disclosed him/herself as cheap, uninformed and annoying.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree with most of this. However, I don't think I would ever begrudge anyone for trying to purchase on the cheap. If someone is offended they can choose not to do business with that person. That being said, I would think everyone one this site has mutual respect for each other and this would lead to fair offers for buyers and sellers.

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    People quickly tire of unending congratulatory posts.
    I am glad this issue was brought up.
    IMO, the "buyer" tried to lowball a price. Tony was surprisingly patient. The "buyer" essentially disclosed him/herself as cheap, uninformed and annoying.

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    I agree with most of this. However, I don't think I would ever begrudge anyone for trying to purchase on the cheap. If someone is offended they can choose not to do business with that person. That being said, I would think everyone one this site has mutual respect for each other and this would lead to fair offers for buyers and sellers.
    I have several items for sale in the Classifieds Thread. Feel free to make me an offer and, if it is lower than what I would like to get, I will politely decline the offer. If no acceptable offers are received, I will list the books on eBay to see if I have luck there.

What am I missing?

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Tony was surprisingly patient.
    Not sure that I agree.....the reply of "LOL" was not what I would refer to as patient.

I would have interpreted that as "your offer is ridiculous, and I am laughing at your stupidity".

If it were me, my response would have been......"thanks for your interest in my item, but the minimum I will take is $X"

I think things on both sides could have been better handled.

All that said....come on Tony...name the cheapskate! HA HA
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 70 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 ... LastLast