Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: The Best Movie of All Time Tournament - Nominations

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by alinda View Post

46.) Braveheart

Gunslinger Apprentice Ikilledthecrimsonking is on a distinguished road Ikilledthecrimsonking's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

128. Deliverance
    129. Patch Adams
    MACAIN FOR PRESIDENT

DONT VOTE HILARY

(SHES THE ANTICHRIST)

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ikilledthecrimsonking View Post
    111. Deliverance
    112. Patch Adams
    You're count is off. The count is at 128 and voting has begun.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Gunslinger Apprentice Ikilledthecrimsonking is on a distinguished road Ikilledthecrimsonking's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

ok
    MACAIN FOR PRESIDENT

DONT VOTE HILARY

(SHES THE ANTICHRIST)

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

There are other threads set up where you can begin voting.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm an idiot, I just read that part where it says that you can suggest movies more than once. No Terminator 2

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Something is bugging me. Why did it end at 128? Why not a more rounded number?
    Or is there an answer and I'm just too stupid/lazy to see it?

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    Something is bugging me. Why did it end at 128? Why not a more rounded number?
    Or is there an answer and I'm just too stupid/lazy to see it?
    All tournaments are divisable by 8. If I had 125 then we couldn't have even numbers anywhere. 4 groups of 4 brackets with 8 movies. Without pulling a NFL and having a bye week for some teams, all pro sports use this system. 16 in hockey/basketball, baseball has 8. It's the only number who's multiples and divisables can be halfed over and over again while keeping it even. So you simply double the number.

We'd have two final movies so if you go backwards. '1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128...the next number would be 256 which I think would make this way to massive.

feverish, yeah, no one named T2 I could take a movie out and put in T2 but that would kill the democracy of it all. There are a few movies I don't think even belong in the same sentence with 'best movie of all time' but oh well
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Okay...I'm just used to my mind basing everything on fives. I get it now.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

That's the way the government wants you to think.

Goldmember Míchéal is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Damn government.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    That's the way the government wants you to think.

That's not the government. That's my freakish mind.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I haven't said it yet, but Mattrick...this was a really awesome idea you came up with. I'm excited to see what wins!

Citizen of Gilead jemaher will become famous soon enough jemaher will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

this is bracketology that i can really get behind

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

When round one is finished i'll post an updated version of the brackets in this thread. I'm saving which movie is in what bracket now until posted...will make it more of a surprise because there are a couple competitive brackets just from looking at it.

Sleep Controller ZoNeSeeK is on a distinguished road ZoNeSeeK's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

:-)

Sorry, too late with nominations (deleted post)
    "You can lead a whore to culture but you can't make her think." - Duma Key
    zoneseek@thedarktower.com

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

If anyone notices a vast decline in how many votes were getting, I'll shorten the voting time. Not sure how long I should give, I think it'll be four days from now on. No sense on having them stay active for a day or two after people stopped voting.

Country
    Country Flag

The BMOAT threads have been stickied to make this easier (thanks feev)

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

So you're Mr. Seek now? Who's covering ZoNe defense

Country
    Country Flag

its my married name 8)

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

has anyone put down:

The Big Lebowski and Reservoir Dogs and Dumb and Dumber and So, I Married an Axe Murderer?

I might be a bit drunk and can't remember.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Super Saiyan Mark is on a distinguished road Mark's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Where's Back to the future?! i cant find it in any of the topics
    2:45 am- 11th February 2008- I Finished The Dark Tower

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I nominated Reservoir Dogs, not sure about the others though.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark88880 View Post
    Where's Back to the future?! i cant find it in any of the topics

No worries...Back To The Future was the first one I nominated.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Mattrick! Hurry up and post the rest of the brackets damnit! I'm getting anxiuos heaaah!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast