Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: How did the Horn get to Roland?

Voters
134. You may not vote on this poll
  • He himself picked it up.

65 48.51%
  • It was "a present" or something from Gan.

49 36.57%
  • He just found it over there.

2 1.49%
  • Something else.

11 8.21%
  • I have no idea.

7 5.22%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: So the Horn... hey, let's stop for a sec

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

yes. It did before, too.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice wildfire1290 is on a distinguished road wildfire1290's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wildfire1290 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Amey View Post
    Dear Tower-aniacs,

not a gift from Gan - a reward!
    So the Dark Tower is just the Wheel of Fortune of Gan?
    Why do you say that? I guess i'm not following your logic on that one.
    I wrote it because you used the word "reward". If you do this or that right you get a reward (like in a quiz show).. does it make some sense now?
    Oh o.k. I got ya now. Thanks for the clarification!
    Opinion in politics, and politics, is an evil which has caused many a fellow to be hung while he’s still young and pretty.

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Dear Tower-aniacs,

I wrote it because you used the word "reward". If you do this or that right you get a reward (like in a quiz show).. does it make some sense now?
    That's why we are here, sai.

Roland would have understood.

Gunslinger Apprentice wildfire1290 is on a distinguished road wildfire1290's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Dear Tower-aniacs,

That's why we are here, sai.
    Dang, totally feeling the love from the Tower Junkies, or maybe just Letti
    Opinion in politics, and politics, is an evil which has caused many a fellow to be hung while he’s still young and pretty.

Country
    Country Flag

Anywho, anybody else have anything new to add or wants to further argue a point?

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I consider the horn a change for sure and it may signify an bit of redemption on the journey.

I've stated in the comics forum that I bet when the story going on in the comics gets to Jericho Hill, he grabs that horn.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I've stated in the comics forum that I bet when the story going on in the comics gets to Jericho Hill, he grabs that horn.
    so does that make the loop in the comics a different one from the one in the books? i never thought of it that way.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I believe it may be the very next one.

Its just a feeling I have, I think the comics may tie in that way as opposed to just telling what happened in what we would consider the past from the books.

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

very interesting theory. i suppose we shall see in time...

Citizen of Gilead Ka-tet is on a distinguished road Ka-tet's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thats a very very interesting idea, i never even considerd that the loop in the comics is the next loop...
    If you love me, then love me-Susan of mejis
    See the turtle, aint he keen? All things serve the fucking beam-Eddie of NewYork
    You burn prettily-Corwin of Amber

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

you can never do perfect, just a little better each time?

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I think "doing perfect" would mean renouncing the Tower.

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

let me make a reference to the "Lol Cats!" thread:

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Pretty sure guys he does'nt loop back past Jericho Hill and all those events. The end of the story is the first line of the Gunslinger "The Man in Black.........etc.

Therefore, the horn has to be a "gift" as he has no second opportunity to "pick it up". The pertinent events that Roland must deal with (correctly/appropriately?) occur between the TMIB lines in the 7 books. all references to past events in the books (not the comics) are flash back stories.

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I believe it may be the very next one.

Its just a feeling I have, I think the comics may tie in that way as opposed to just telling what happened in what we would consider the past from the books.
    Wow, Matt. I never thought of this before. I think that would be pretty cool. I wonder if that is how they are going to do it...

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Pretty sure guys he does'nt loop back past Jericho Hill and all those events. The end of the story is the first line of the Gunslinger "The Man in Black.........etc.

Therefore, the horn has to be a "gift" as he has no second opportunity to "pick it up". The pertinent events that Roland must deal with (correctly/appropriately?) occur between the TMIB lines in the 7 books. all references to past events in the books (not the comics) are flash back stories.
    But you forget we're dealing with the Tower. It can change what happened reguardless of how far back it was.

Just because he begins again in the desert does not mean that he didn't have the opportunity to pick it up.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Precisely. "Marty, you are thinking three-dimensionally again!" - Doc Brown

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you need to think
    time: 4th dimension,
    and
    space: 5th dimension.

Country
    Country Flag

But you forget we're dealing with the Tower. It can change what happened reguardless of how far back it was.

Just because he begins again in the desert does not mean that he didn't have the opportunity to pick it up.
    Gotta agree with Matt on that one. Maybe in the comic series he picks up the horn, or they don't show it and he has a flash back to it, or maybe in the next loop(no matter how it is portrayed) he has a flash back to Jericho Hill and it tells of Roland picked up the horn.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

All is possible in the halls of The Dark Tower

Country
    Country Flag

All is possible in the halls of The Dark Tower
    So mysterious ...

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

That's me

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

It could be that the Tower sends Roland back to the beginning of his 'errors' in judgement.
    When he leaves behind the horn, that may be when his path begins to go the 'wrong' way...

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

[/COLOR]

Gotta agree with Matt on that one. Maybe in the comic series he picks up the horn, or they don't show it and he has a flash back to it, or maybe in the next loop(no matter how it is portrayed) he has a flash back to Jericho Hill and it tells of Roland picked up the horn.

Well as you say anything is possible.............until it isn't. Which is to say that SK could pretty much do anything he likes. I'm just saying that everything has rules of some kind (i.e. the Universe...DT or ours) and even SK laid down a few in the books we have and story we have recieved to date. Within that admittedly flexible set of rules or maybe more to the point until SK gives us more story (as Matt points out could very well change in the comics) we go with what we got. No?

May be just IMHO the fact that there are some rules is what helps to make DT great fiction. That even in that fantastical world (as with LOTR) there are elements that are more plausible because it is within a framework. To me I thought SK was being uncharacteristically blunt with the meaning of the ending and Roland resuming TMIB fled....etc. with the horn now in his posession. To me that was one definitive point he was making that throughout his long journey to the Tower (for the 19th time) he had managed to learn enough about himself and grow as a person to the point where he could now be the hero he was meant to be, before he began obsessing with the quest itself instead of the reasons for getting to the tower in the long run. I think he began tarnishing the old Arthur Eld Ideals and character beginning with the early challenge of Cort, on through the events of Mejis, Jericho Hill and LSOE up until TMIB fled..... At which point Gan kinda said hold on now, you ain't achieving Jack with that attitude pal. Very much along the lines of our old Arthurian Legend, the King and the land are One (Excaliber and many other re-tellings too numerous to mention)

Any way just an Old Farts' thoughts. On the other hand I could very well be a Fucking Idiot just ranting on about Alien abductions, The Kennedy Assasination and the secrets of Freemasonary LOL LOL

Country
    Country Flag

Any way just an Old Farts' thoughts. On the other hand I could very well be a Fucking Idiot just ranting on about Alien abductions, The Kennedy Assasination and the secrets of Freemasonary LOL LOL [/COLOR]
    At least you didn't do anything weird like tie in the Lincoln Assignation with Roland doing it in the name of the tower in order to receive the horn...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast