Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: How did the Horn get to Roland?

Voters
134. You may not vote on this poll
  • He himself picked it up.

65 48.51%
  • It was "a present" or something from Gan.

49 36.57%
  • He just found it over there.

2 1.49%
  • Something else.

11 8.21%
  • I have no idea.

7 5.22%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: So the Horn... hey, let's stop for a sec

Super Saiyan Mark is on a distinguished road Mark's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

He starts his loop back in the desert, but that's because that's when he first thinks that his quest will succed (sic), but things changed before, everything changed really, it's just The Tower throws him back to that point.
    2:45 am- 11th February 2008- I Finished The Dark Tower

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mark88880 View Post
    He starts his loop back in the desert, but that's because that's when he first thinks that his quest will succed (sic), but things changed before, everything changed really, it's just The Tower throws him back to that point.
    Okay, I see so what about the horn?

Roland would have understood.

Citizen of Gilead Ka-tet is on a distinguished road Ka-tet's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice theory mark, but like what jeans saying (if i understand correctly) if Roland dosnt choose the horn at the right (or wrong really) time then there is no progression.

Your thoughts sai?
    If you love me, then love me-Susan of mejis
    See the turtle, aint he keen? All things serve the fucking beam-Eddie of NewYork
    You burn prettily-Corwin of Amber

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
    If he has to repeat his loop from the desert - that's what we all think - , how could he pick up the horn???
    Maybe it's a very very stupid question and I cry your pardon if it's obvious but I have been thinking of it for awhile and it gives me more questions.

If he has to start his quest from the desert he has NO chance to pick up the horn... Jericho Hill was ages before that...
    So how does it work?
    I always thought that it was a symbolic symbol that he had finally shown care in his last loop. By doing this, he is rewarded with the horn that he previously left in the dirt.

John F. Kennedy Stinga of A-Town is on a distinguished road Stinga of A-Town's Avatar

What about mass multiverse theroy? -
    Mayhap each run up the tower is a diffrent version of what could have happened, - streching out to infinity.
    One trip he travels with his horn, mayhap doesn't let the boy drop, doesn't lose fingers & toes on the beach and kills the man in black at the emerald palace. Nobody dies, and they all reach the tower together. (Ow, my teeth- too sweet)
    Mayhap another, he saved Susan, poped out all kinda babies, only to have her die during the fall of Gilead, causing him to go mad and chase the Man in Black to force him to bring her back to life.
    Or we could see a version where he failed his test of manhood, and is cast out, only to end up teamed up with Flagg.
    Drops into anything that could possibly be thought of could, and does happen in one world/level of the tower or the next.

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Storyslinger View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
    If he has to repeat his loop from the desert - that's what we all think - , how could he pick up the horn???
    Maybe it's a very very stupid question and I cry your pardon if it's obvious but I have been thinking of it for awhile and it gives me more questions.

If he has to start his quest from the desert he has NO chance to pick up the horn... Jericho Hill was ages before that...
    So how does it work?
    I always thought that it was a symbolic symbol that he had finally shown care in his last loop. By doing this, he is rewarded with the horn that he previously left in the dirt.
    How is he rewarded? Suddenly he found the horn in his hand or how?

Traveler dark_hour is on a distinguished road dark_hour's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

maybe just maybe, roland got it right. and by saving susannah and stephen king, and ultimately himself, that he got redemption. perhaps the katet that sees susannah team with eddie and jake toren went back (to jericho hill) and got the horn, and repaid the favour...for roland saving them, they save him. so when he loops again the horn is there thanks to the katet. its a nice theory, more fan fic than probable but i just wanted to get involved really

Country
    Country Flag

Well maybe he was cast back to the desert, and has the horn with him from Gan, and his whole memory changed to show HIM picking up the horn?

Country
    Country Flag

patrick danville painted him the horn while he was in the tower, and also while he painted the picture in dandelos house. Danville is a creator of doors etc. so i think he is pivitol to the whole tower thing yet we overlook him...maybe in the next cycle
    The Man In Black fled across the desert...and the readers followed

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dark_hour View Post
    patrick danville painted him the horn while he was in the tower,
    Did he?

Country
    Country Flag

patrick danville painted him the horn while he was in the tower, and also while he painted the picture in dandelos house. Danville is a creator of doors etc. so i think he is pivitol to the whole tower thing yet we overlook him...maybe in the next cycle
    Why would he have done such a thing? Just becuse?

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't remember this. Could you quote this for me.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I understand it to be dark_hour's theory. Not a bad one; for me, though, absolutely unacceptable (again, it's the question of which matters for you: the horn as an artefact or Roland as a man; thus, which is important: that he has it or that he picks it)

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    I understand it to be dark_hour's theory. Not a bad one; for me, though, absolutely unacceptable (again, it's the question of which matters for you: the horn as an artefact or Roland as a man; thus, which is important: that he has it or that he picks it)
    Oh.... Thanks Jean.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Not a bad one; for me, though, absolutely unacceptable
    I love this sentence.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post
    Not a bad one; for me, though, absolutely unacceptable
    I love this sentence.
    Yeah.
    I couldn't agree more.

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah it was nothing more than a theory, danville cant tell us where hes been before and how he ended up with dandelo but mayhap he was told what to do, but couldnt tell anyone else as he was devoid of his tough. its a ridiculous theory ill agree...but one that deserved mention nonetheless
    The Man In Black fled across the desert...and the readers followed

Palaver Castle Chef mia/susannah is on a distinguished road mia/susannah's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have read the whole Dark Tower series and am currently rereading it. I am on the Wizard and Glass. For the life of me, I don't remember Roland recovering the Horn of Eld. Can someone tell me what part of what book that scene is in?

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mia/susannah View Post
    I have read the whole Dark Tower series and am currently rereading it. I am on the Wizard and Glass. For the life of me, I don't remember Roland recovering the Horn of Eld. Can someone tell me what part of what book that scene is in?
    Its not in there. The recovery of the Horn is a mystery.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah it was nothing more than a theory, danville cant tell us where hes been before and how he ended up with dandelo but mayhap he was told what to do, but couldnt tell anyone else as he was devoid of his tough. its a ridiculous theory ill agree...but one that deserved mention nonetheless
    It's not redicious at all but I don't like easy ways.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mia/susannah View Post
    in the hypothetical future [alternative past; next loop of the spiral] which lies beyond the story told in those seven volumes

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree with Jean completely on this. His posts in this thread state exactly what I have always felt/thought since my first reading of DT 7 - but would have muddled had I tried to express it myself. Thanks, Jean for putting it into words so well.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Palaver Castle Chef mia/susannah is on a distinguished road mia/susannah's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thank you Jean for clearing that up for me.

Thats Jean's theory. Like I already said, its a mystery.

Gunslinger Apprentice wildfire1290 is on a distinguished road wildfire1290's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Maybe Gan had rewarded Roland, not by giving him the horn, but having him remember what he had done to help others on his last loop through the tower, and thus gave him the capacity to care more for others, in which would change his whole quest by not dropping Jake and such. Maybe something new happened to him that made him pick up the horn at Jericho Hill rather then having Gan just give it to him.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast