+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: The Kas-ka Gan's Trance *spoilers*

M.I.A. Unfound One is on a distinguished road Unfound One's Avatar

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by obscurejude View Post
    Thanks Brainslinger, it really would help if I'd read all the books. Thank you for the suggestion.

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post
    That's what I was saying, King is Gan only to the extent that he is prophet. Prophets are also described as bondservants (doulos in Greek). A bondservant is one whose will ceases to become distinct from his master's. We keep asking the question: "Why does Gan need a Ves Ka?" What if the answer has to do with why God used prophets in the Bible. King is an instrument in the ultimate sense- an extension of Gan, a way for Gan to exist bodily within the multiverse.

I really like this OJ. You're really onto something here. Good call.
    As in King is the Holy spirit, or Jesus whichever one you want to see it as and Roland is the Holy spirit or Jesus???

Hmmmmm.... I can't even explain in words how much I love the depth of this thread.

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

if Gan is dead, then there is no direction, just an endless cycle of Roland trying to fix the beams, since it is still the will of Gan, and he is still driven by the forces that are still left in motion. But I'd like to assume that Gan does exist and point out that King is utilizing Gan just as much as Gan is utilizing King... They could not function without each other....

Or Gan would have to find another person to write the story.... But would it be right?

If I'm going to go with my Neverending Story idea, even in that book (and the second movie as an example) there is evidence that not just ANYONE can do the job. There is plenty of evidence that in the wrong place, with the wrong motives, they will not succeed with their quest.

I know they're not written by the same people. I know it's not the same story, but I see a lot of parallels that give me more ideas about the Dark Tower.

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Brainslinger, it really would help if I'd read all the books. Thank you for the suggestion.
    I didn't mean my comment in a sarcastic or biting tone. Since this is the Song of Susannah section it was quite possible you hadn't gotten to Dark Tower 7 yet, and the question of Gan's existence was answered. (Or at least strongly suggested.)

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

Brainslinger, we've talked at length about Roland's fear of Gan's death in other threads. That's where I was coming from in my comment. Anyways, too tired to delve into that right now.

Its all good, text is a very insufficient medium in regards to tone. Its good to have you around here. Check out the threads on Gan, we'd be interested in your thoughts, "Roland, enemy of the White?" and "Keystone World." There's some others too, but I can't think of them right now because of so much overlap.

:asks help in naming threads:

Here's another really good one called Roland and his relationship with Gan.

Silverloch John_and_Yoko will become famous soon enough John_and_Yoko's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post
    When Roland mesmerized King some amazing insights were found. What did you think about them? How did the things he said change your perceptions of things going on, or did they not?
    Maybe I'm just letting my mind wander, but it kind of gave an explanation, fictional or otherwise, for Stephen King's whole life and career. Why he's most known for his horror fiction, his substance abuse, and how The Dark Tower is the centerpiece for his whole body of work....

I don't know, maybe it's just me, but I loved that, and didn't think there was enough of it....

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John_and_Yoko View Post
    Maybe I'm just letting my mind wander, but it kind of gave an explanation, fictional or otherwise, for Stephen King's whole life and career. Why he's most known for his horror fiction, his substance abuse, and how The Dark Tower is the centerpiece for his whole body of work....

I don't know, maybe it's just me, but I loved that, and didn't think there was enough of it....
    It does give us some insight personally. I seem to remember him saying that part of it is true, and part of it made up.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Fuckin' yeah! I read all those trance scenes (not to mention the journal entries in the back of SOS - especially those) and WANT them to be real.
    No, more like I actually believe they're all real.
    Yup, I'm a big nerdddd.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unfound One View Post
    Fuckin' yeah! I read all those trance scenes (not to mention the journal entries in the back of SOS - especially those) and WANT them to be real.
    No, more like I actually believe they're all real.
    I really know where you are coming from with this. I've felt the same.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Ha, minus the big nerd part, Matthew?

You bet.

My Mood
    Worried

I thought the trance parts of the book were one of the most realistic parts of the series.. SK made me believe it could happen.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3