Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Kas-ka Gan's Trance *spoilers*

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Default The Kas-ka Gan's Trance *spoilers*

When Roland mesmerized King some amazing insights were found. What did you think about them? How did the things he said change your perceptions of things going on, or did they not?
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

Which time CK. At the house or when he got hit by the van?
    Last edited by Letti; 03-28-2008 at 02:30 AM. Reason: vanishing spoiler tags

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

At his house.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Roland smiled "Ka is a wheel. You've been turning on it under different names for a long time. Cuthbert for one, it seems."
    This is one of the things Roland says after hearing about how Eddie and Cuthbert came to King when he was little and saved him. Very interesting indeed.

It is interesting but my head is spinning bc of previous conversations today. I'm going to keep thinking about it, mayhap something will come tonight.

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That particular scene is very good but it will lead me to start talking about another topic and I don't want to "twinner/twin/reincarnation" pollute your thread.

Is there anything else about the trance you were interested in, CK?

You should know me well enough by now Greg that I'm ALL ABOUT POLLUTION...how about you? What about Los trying to turn King into a vampire by biting him with the spiders in the dead chickens?

Country
    Country Flag

How can I forget, Matthew?

I wonder how many times Los tried to corrupt King in some way? It would be super-cool to learn more of his attempts to get at King. Do you think those spiders were Mini-Los' or were they The Doctors? Or just plain spiders?

Quote Originally Posted by MonteGss View Post

I wonder how many times Los tried to corrupt King in some way? It would be super-cool to learn more of his attempts to get at King. Do you think those spiders were Mini-Los' or were they The Doctors? Or just plain spiders?
    Definitely not plain spiders, probably invested with the power of the CK I'm guessing. Los working through them.

Yeah, Los probably ceased to exist bodily a long time before King came along. Maybe he entered regular spiders somehow?

Country
    Country Flag

Why do you say jude? Am I missing something or didn't Los have a body in DT7?

Quote Originally Posted by obscurejude View Post
    Yeah, Los probably ceased to exist bodily a long time before King came along. Maybe he entered regular spiders somehow?
    ??

That was the whole impetus behind Mia, as I understand it. Los committed suicide right? The one on the Tower isn't fully representative, but I'm not sure how- in fact it might just be his eyes. Mia joined some metaphysical part of Los with Roland's seed when she became embodied.

Country
    Country Flag

Hmm, this is not how I read and understood it dude.

Okay, how is Los Mordred's father?

Country
    Country Flag

I thought he simply "gave up his seed" and it mixed with Roland's. Kinda gross, I guess, but that's what I thought happened.

Maybe I was thinking about it too deep, but I could've sworn that Mia implied something a little different. Let me think about it. I brought it up some other time in a thread... I'm going to try and look it up. There was a reference in Song about the CK not existing in bodily form after he went crazy and killed himself.

Quote Originally Posted by obscurejude View Post
    Maybe I was thinking about it too deep, but I could've sworn that Mia implied something a little different. Let me think about it. I brought it up some other time in a thread... I'm going to try and look it up. There was a reference in Song about the CK not existing in bodily form after he went crazy and killed himself.
    Did you find this reference, OJ? Its a little OT of the thread, but I'm still interested, because I don't remember this either.

I've been busy CK, let me see what I can do. I won't forget.

Super Saiyan Mark is on a distinguished road Mark's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Jude, i know what you mean about Los not being whole and such, didn't he commit suicide by
    Spoiler:
    swallowing a spoon?

Anyway, i'm pretty sure that Mia was created, then a part of Los was fused with her, so that's how i think he was the "Red daddy".
    2:45 am- 11th February 2008- I Finished The Dark Tower

Bumping this baby for The Unfound One.

M.I.A. Unfound One is on a distinguished road Unfound One's Avatar

Why thank you ever so much Matthew, may I call you Matthew?
    Gimme some time to read through and collect my thoughts.

Of course you may call me Matthew, and no problem.

Alright, I'm attempting to bring us back on topic.
    And I'm gonna type out a big quote again. Sigh.

"I'm Gan, or possessed by Gan, I don't know which, maybe there's no difference." King began to cry. His tears were silent and horrible. "But it's not Dis, I turned aside from Dis, I repudiate Dis, and that should be enough but it's not, ka it never satisfied, greedy old ka, that's what she said, isn't it? What Susan Delgado said before you killed her, or I killed her, or Gan killed her. 'Greedy old ka, how I hate it.' Regardless of who killed her, I made her say that, I, for I hate it, so I do. I buck against ka's goad, and will until the day I go into the clearing at the end of the path."
    Roland sat at the table, white at the sound of Susan's name.
    "And still ka comes to me, comes from me, I translate it, am made to translate it, ka flows out of my navel like a ribbon. I am not ka, I am not the ribbon, it's just what comes through me and I hate it I hate it!"

So.
    Sai King is a servant to ka like everybody else is. Interesting.
    He hates it, and even adds his opinion to the story coming through him, such as putting his opinion in the words of Susan Delgado.
    He says later on the page that he doesn't want to be Gan, and since he was able to turn away from Dis he should be able to turn from Gan as well.

I feel like some of the stuff from the Keystone thread needs to be brought in here. Damn. And I'm not even sure where I'm going with this.

Somebody take the fuckin' feather.

Wait a second, hold up - here's something else interesting I just caught that I've aparently read over a couple times now...

Stephen King is telekinetic?
    When he gets agitated during the trance he raises his hand and stuff on the couter starts to float. Then he flings a knife across the room where it sticks in the wall.

If this is addressed ever again I don't remember it, though keep in mind that I read DTVII this summer in 2 days and the level of details I remember is low...

EDIT - And if you finish the scene, nobody removes the knife. Sai King's in for a surprise when he wakes up from his "nap"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast