24 29.63%
  • August 21-23, 2009

16 19.75%
  • October 16-18, 2009

32 39.51%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Gathering 2009 Poll

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

ooo, I really want this to happen now. I am talking to a band that does songs about him, seeing if we can get them to play a bar up there around that time, they usually do.
    Anything else anyone else want me to arrange?
    Translation:
    Karen is excited. She knows a band that does songs about King, perhaps they could do a gig near Bangor, Maine. Can someone help arrange it.

I know that Stu will open up for us on the weekend, if we are planning on spending money! LOL
    Translation:
    Stu is the owner of Bett's Bookstore located in Bangor Maine. Bett's specializes in Stephen King Collectibles.

The standpipe is wicked cool.
    Translation:
    The Standpipe was the inspiration for the water tower in IT.

His house is beautiful.
    Translation: King's house is beautiful.

I didn't get to see his office last time I was there, maybe I can call Marsha and get in there!! HE HE
    Karen did not get to see King's office, but perhaps with advance notice King's assitant Marsha can make a "tour" possible.

The wheels are spinning....
    Translation:
    Karen is excited.

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Thanks Jerome!! LOL

But I meant is there anything else that anyone can think of that they would want to see! LOL I won't need help getting Mitch and gang to play for us, just finalized plans if it happens in Maine. LOL

And I am excited about meeting everyone and trying to show some Yankee hospitality!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

I cant decide yet, N.O. is closer and easy to do from Fl.
    Maine would be super cool, long drive but doable..... SK tour!
    also I only work weekends so to take 3 days off
    I'd have 11 days to play with. Still have a year to
    finalize any planning it would take, but for me to
    travel west coast is more of a challenge.

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have not voted because Jerome said not to unless we knew we were going. I want it to be in Chicago because it is closer and I'm not made of money.
    Flying is too expensive. Flying to Vegas is fairly cheap though, so this year's gathering is more likely for me than in 2009. Unless of course Chicago wins.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by maerlyn View Post
    I voted for The City because SF is totally fun and easy for me to get to. Maine is sooo far away and expensive to fly into. I would love to do a Stephen King tour but it seems like it would be too much money and time away to make it work, for me.

I'm not ruling anything out.
    What she said.

Also this from the 2008 thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    I like the idea of moving it around, but one of the nice things about Vegas is that it is, on average, the cheapest place to fly to from around the country. Just food for thought.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

no.............I want MAINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

I hadn't thought about how it's cheaper to Vegas, maybe next year, with a little more forewarnbing, I will be able to go, regardless of where it is. It just depends on money and time. If I can get the time off of work, and if I have the money, which I should.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Citizen of Gilead blackrose22 is on a distinguished road blackrose22's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What are prices like for internal flights in the US. I was always under the impression that they are cheap enough. Flights to the US (JFK) from Ireland at the moment cost about €650/$1,000. That's not that expensive I think and when I head over it's not just for the DT.Com convention as I intend to stay for about 2/3 weeks and make a great holiday out of it to justify the cost. The east coast for me would be the best but don't care if it's the west cost either as I would love to visit San Francisco anyway. Must take a surf later on and find out about provisional prices for all the places in the poll to plan on what sort of holiday I'm going to have.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Someone posted about the time involved here - ie. posting about 2009 so far ahead... personally, I need all the time I can get to try and plan something, what with work and family responsibilities. I plan a two week road trip every year so if this is going to be part of it .. its good to know as far ahead as possible!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Super Saiyan Mark is on a distinguished road Mark's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'll be 16 next June, so i could ask my mum for money to fly out, but i dunno for 100% because my GCSE's (important exams) might be on them dates, so i might have to study
    2:45 am- 11th February 2008- I Finished The Dark Tower

Citizen of Gilead blackrose22 is on a distinguished road blackrose22's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    Someone posted about the time involved here - ie. posting about 2009 so far ahead... personally, I need all the time I can get to try and plan something, what with work and family responsibilities. I plan a two week road trip every year so if this is going to be part of it .. its good to know as far ahead as possible!
    Same here. If it's in Maine where exactly are you talking about? Bangor is what I'm presuming but I could be wrong. Would like to know as there's five regional airports in Maine (so its says in a Maine tourist website) and the info would be great for making some plans even if it's still well over a year from now at the earliest.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The presumption for Maine is Bangor.

Gunslinger Apprentice Ikilledthecrimsonking is on a distinguished road Ikilledthecrimsonking's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

we should all go to Bangor, Maine and ssuprise Stephan King at his house
    MACAIN FOR PRESIDENT

DONT VOTE HILARY

(SHES THE ANTICHRIST)

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I believe he lives in Florida now.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Goldmember Míchéal is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

I chose Maine and no date because it makes no difference to me when it happens. I'm definitely going though, no matter where it is.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post
    I believe he lives in Florida now.
    I am sure stalkers already know, but King has two main residences.
    He hangs around New England during the summer and early fall as he attends many Red Sox home games.
    He stays in Florida during the coldest winter months and early spring. He attends Red Sox spring training games frequently.

That being said,
    one thing for sure; I (and I hope any gathering members) want nothing to do with BOTHERING King. I certainly want to view his gated residence in Bangor, but have no intention of annoying him, his family, his staff, his dogs etc.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Amen, brother. That would be really uncool.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    That being said,
    one thing for sure; I (and I hope any gathering members) want nothing to do with BOTHERING King. I certainly want to view his gated residence in Bangor, but have no intention of annoying him, his family, his staff, his dogs etc.
    I agree with that.

(It's too hard to stalk someone when your in a crowd).

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I voted Maine in October. October gives me plenty of time to save and Maine because its SK country (and John Irving country)...plus New England cuisine sounds rather lovely.

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

New England cuisine is lovely. I hope you can make it Lisa one way or the other.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Me too! However, this year is looking less and less likely - I can be definate about 2009 though

If you can be definite about 2009, then sign me up. Can't miss the chance to see Lisa.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Me too!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I know right?

Lisa is my oldest friend from off the internet I believe. I'll be there if I gotta' walk.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

We can ride up together Brice.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast