Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Sports

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Derby county are 1 of the best suported teams in England, especially with the size of the city of Derby and this is amazing because we have had some terrible seasons in the last 10 years.

When we were in the premiership 3 years ago we were the worst team ever lol finishing with the lowest points ever! But i could never change to suporting someone else, Derby county are in my blood!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Who do you think is taking the trophy this year? Chelsea looks to be primary candidate, especially with Drogba and Anelka playing the way they are, but you can never rule Man-U out !

P.S - Did you know that Tito Villa is playing in Mexico again? He finished the regular season as top scorer

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well its definately between Chelsea and Man U, but if i was a betting man i would put my money on Chelsea everytime. Did you see the game against Arsenal on Sunday? The experience, pace, skill and sheer power of Chelsea should frighten most teams in the league and they should be clear winners. Can see the Champions league being between Chelsea and Barcelona aswell.

Yeah i knew he had moved to Mexico, was gutted when he left because he is a great player with bags of passion and he was never really given a chance at Derby. I didn't know that he was top scorer though, am really happy for him.

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Anyone else watching the world cup draw??? Endland v U.S.A which will be an interesting first game!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I was listening to it on the radio here at work

I'm thinking of starting a World Cup thread and posting the groups in there ... hmmm

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah do it

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

This is for you, Urban Meyer:

ROLL TIDE!

Gunslinger Apprentice <ô> bango skank <ô> is on a distinguished road <ô> bango skank <ô>'s Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tito_Villa View Post
    Anyone else watching the world cup draw??? Endland v U.S.A which will be an interesting first game!
    Interesting??? no, an easy 3 points... yes. England will rip usa to bits. cant wait!!!

Yanks may lead the world in alot of areas but football (soccer) aint one of them.
    "God pisses down your neck everyday, but only drowns you once.*

"When the shooting starts, we kill what moves. " - Roland Deschain

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey, we kicked your asses forty years ago, approximately-or so Hollywood tells me-so don't think we won't do it again, Albion.

If I watched or knew anything about who actually played for England's soccer team, rest assured I'd be making many gibes at their expense.

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Putting aside the general circus that's the contemporary Dallas Cowboys, e.g. T.O., 'Tank' Johnson, Adam Jones, among others, I still think Flozell Adams-with all due respect-is the sleaziest pile of scum ever to suit up for the Texas Tampons.

Gunslinger Apprentice <ô> bango skank <ô> is on a distinguished road <ô> bango skank <ô>'s Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

you must know of beckham... he's that bloke who's married to that skinny woman, whos famous in america for being married to that bloke who's famous in the UK for being beckham.

Anyway, aim insults at him... it's like fishing with TNT. (just dont insult his ability at football , cos he is a legend)

and Arsenal will win the league. i still believe. Van persie is a huge miss but if we can scrape wins until the jan window, then get some cover we are set.just when the gunners were looking good van persie fails again and joins the rest of the arsenal strike force in the stands. (Bendtner, Eduardo, Theo Walcott and others) Van persie is shaping up to be just like mick owen, a great talent, that will never reach its full potential due to repeated injury. its sad.
    "God pisses down your neck everyday, but only drowns you once.*

"When the shooting starts, we kill what moves. " - Roland Deschain

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

I think you should all feel sorry for Derby County, we actually played well for once and against possibly the best team in the championship but Thierry Henry's friend Simon Cox pushed the ball in to the net

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

OMG my football team has actually won a game away, can't believe it!!!

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Messi is out for a minimum of 3 weeks due to an ankle injury ...

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

New England Patriot fans; do NOT watch.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOwfRyd9avY"]YouTube- You Cheated - New York Post[/ame]
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Am I the only one here who thinks the Pats have no shot-even in their building-of beating the Ravens? Maybe I'm off, but out of all the match-ups this week that one seems the most lopsided.

Look at the Pats:

1. No Welker
    2. Moss has basically quit on the team, i.e. returned to form.
    3. Brady still hasn't recovered from his devastating injury. Plus, he has a busted-up thumb, and broken ribs.
    4. Their defense is Swiss cheese

Compare that to their opponent, the Ravens:

1. Extremely good, if not spectacular, defense that is a huge scoring threat.
    2. Have a fantastic QB who can lead them to victory from behind.
    3. Ray Rice.

Peaches Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn's Avatar

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/p...urn=nba,213326

Too funny. I walk right by that hotel almost every day. Ate dinner there not too long ago (wonderful meal!)

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthful View Post
    Am I the only one here who thinks the Pats have no shot-even in their building-of beating the Ravens? Maybe I'm off, but out of all the match-ups this week that one seems the most lopsided.

Look at the Pats:

1. No Welker
    2. Moss has basically quit on the team, i.e. returned to form.
    3. Brady still hasn't recovered from his devastating injury. Plus, he has a busted-up thumb, and broken ribs.
    4. Their defense is Swiss cheese

Compare that to their opponent, the Ravens:

1. Extremely good, if not spectacular, defense that is a huge scoring threat.
    2. Have a fantastic QB who can lead them to victory from behind.
    3. Ray Rice.

I agree with you; but not quite to your extremes.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

I've completely revised my opinion of Manning's legacy after last night's Super Bowl. Used to think he was indisputably the best QB in NFL history, but no longer. There's no way you can say he's superior to Montana after yesterday's fiasco. NO WAY!

Hiiiiiiii. Spencer will become famous soon enough Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I never thought Manning belonged in the discussion with Unitas, Montana, Bradshaw, Staubach, Marino, Aikman, Favre, and those guys at the "All Time" level. Not yet anyway. Last night just validated that.

P.S., When you lift your leg and piss on NFL history, as the Colts did in week 15, the football gods will get you.

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

I still consider him one of the best QBs of all-time, but his reputation took an irreparable hit last night. Maybe he'll change that in the years to come, by winning two or three more Super Bowls, but right now I don't even think it's a debate between his legacy and Montana's. And I totally agree with you about them lying down to The Jets.

Hiiiiiiii. Spencer will become famous soon enough Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What really frosted me was Bill Polian saying that the Colts were only concerned about "real" historic records, which in his opinion were most wins in a decade, (which is broken almost every decade), and most regular season wins in a row of all time, (which, if the Chargers start hot, could be broken THIS year.). Just ridiculous.

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, the philosophy espoused by Polian and Irsay stinks, and I can't believe there are still people defending it, even after what happened last night. Every great football leader, whether it's Walsh and Montana, or the Rooneys, or Landry and Staubach, plays to win every game.

That's the main problem I have with the way the Colts are run, e.g. that pathetic three and out at the end of the 1st half. You have Peyton Manning, and you don't throw it once?!

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Space-age trimaran wins back America's Cup for US
    By BERNIE WILSON, AP Sports Writer

VALENCIA, Spain – After one of the most tumultuous periods in its 159-year run, the America's Cup, once again, belongs to America.

Still bundled against the cold in his white foul-weather gear, software tycoon Larry Ellison hoisted the America's Cup high in the air, then planted a kiss on the oldest trophy in international sports.

"Valencia — muchas gracias!" the self-made billionaire screamed, following the ride of his life across the Mediterranean on one of the most remarkable boats ever built.

The Cup was swept away from Europe by Ellison's space-age trimaran, which has a gigantic wing for a sail and easily sped ahead of two-time defending champion Alinghi of Switzerland to complete a two-race sweep in the 33rd America's Cup on Sunday.

"I am so proud of this team, I am so proud to be part of this team, and I am especially proud to bring the America's Cup, once again, after a long absence, back to the United States of America," said the 65-year-old Ellison, the CEO of Oracle Corp.

The Auld Mug, as the ornate silver jug is also known, now belongs to San Francisco's Golden Gate Yacht Club.

BMW Oracle Racing CEO Russell Coutts, who has quite a bit of experience at winning the America's Cup, popped the cork on a magnum of champagne and sprayed his boss, as well as tactician John Kostecki and skipper-helmsman Jimmy Spithill of Australia.

A blizzard of blue and silver confetti blew across the stage and fireworks went off across Port America's Cup, a festive ending to a bitter 2 1/2-year period that dragged sailing's marquee event to one of its lowest points.

Ellison and rival Ernesto Bertarelli — two of the world's wealthiest men — had been locked in a court fight since July 2007, and it looked for a while like the result of this race was going to be contested off the water.

Alinghi raised a red protest flag on its giant catamaran late on the first leg of the triangle course during Race 2, leaving everyone wondering what it was about since there's no communication off the boats.

The Swiss dropped the protest after the race, confirming Ellison's win. They were unhappy about a prestart penalty, but decided it wouldn't have an outcome on the race.

Asked if the Americans planned to drop litigation pending against the Swiss in the New York State Supreme Court, Ellison said: "The only thing we ever wanted was to beat Alinghi on the water with a fair set of rules. And that's what we got today."

Bertarelli wasn't at the handover ceremony, but he and Ellison briefly shook hands when the Swiss exited the post-race news conference.

The biotech mogul became the first European to win the America's Cup in 2003 with a victory over Team New Zealand, and defended it against the Kiwis in 2007.

"Congratulations to the BMW Oracle team, their boat was faster," Bertarelli said. "They had a strategy, they got a little help from the legal system in New York and that always makes it difficult for us Europeans and that gave them advantages.

"They were faster, good on them," he continued. "We didn't have a boat that was quite fast enough. We didn't lay down. We fought as hard as we could and we exit with our head high."

The America's Cup has been away from U.S. shores for 15 years, the longest drought since the schooner America won the silver trophy by beating a fleet of British ships around the Isle of Wight in 1851. Dennis Conner lost it in 1995 to Team New Zealand and Coutts, now a four-time America's Cup winner.

Ellison and Kostecki were the only Americans on BMW Oracle's crew for the clincher. The massive sailboat was steered by Spithill, who at age 30 was sailing in his fourth America's Cup.

"The boys are just absolutely lit up," Spithill said as the boat headed into port in the Valencian dusk. "Larry's stoked, Russell's stoked and we just can't wait to get back to shore to celebrate."

While Ellison's fortune made the victory possible, the true star was his monster black-and-white trimaran and its radical 223-foot wing sail, which powered the craft at three times the speed of the wind, sending its windward and middle hulls flying well above the water. The wing has nine flaps on its trailing edge and allowed the yacht to sail closer to the wind, and therefore faster than the Swiss.

When the yacht hooked into a breeze, it seemed as if Spithill jammed down an accelerator.

One of the lasting images of this America's Cup will be that of Spithill, decked out in technology seemingly straight out of Star Wars, calmly steering from his airborne helm as the boat sped along the Spanish coast.

"It's just such an awesome tool for racing," Spithill said.

The American trimaran took a 28-second lead rounding the first mark Sunday and powered toward the horizon while sailing across the wind on the second leg. The final margin for two of the fastest, most technologically advanced sailboats built was 5 minutes, 25 seconds.

"That was one hell of a boat race," Spithill said. "I enjoyed every minute of it."

Alinghi had to do a 270-degree penalty at the finish, the result of its second prestart blunder in as many races. The Swiss boat was in the starting box before the 5-minute gun sounded, giving BMW Oracle an instant boost.

While the Americans headed out to the left side of the course, Alinghi did a downspeed tack and took the right side. The move paid off when the Swiss gained during a wind shift and powered into the lead about a third of the way up the leg.

Alinghi crossed ahead of BMW Oracle approaching the first mark, but lost speed during a tack and the Americans sailed ahead — and never looked back.

Ellison joins Harold Vanderbilt, Ted Turner and Bill Koch among the tycoons who've hoisted the silver trophy.

Ellison and Bertarelli fought over their interpretations of the 1887 Deed of Gift, which governs the America's Cup. Ellison's syndicate eventually prevailed, forcing the rare head-to-head showdown.

This was only the second Deed of Gift match in modern times. The other was in 1988, when Conner steered his catamaran to a two-race sweep of New Zealand's big monohull in San Diego.

The America's Cup likely will return to its normal system of several challengers competing in sloops for the right to face the defender. Ellison confirmed, in a roundabout way, that Italian syndicate Mascalzone Latino will be the next Challenger of Record, helping to set the rules for the 34th America's Cup.

The ornate trophy itself is headed for the Golden Gate Yacht Club, which sits on a public jetty in the heart of San Francisco's cityfront, with views of one of the world's most famous bridges and Alcatraz Island.

Rough estimates are that each side spent $200 million on their entire campaigns, a staggering cost for two races.

When did Bertarelli know the Cup was lost?

"The first race," he said. "The first beat. I was very surprised by the first 20 minutes of the race. We were out of range most of the time. We were surprised."

turtlex comments - I can't believe I missed these races... I guess with all the Olympic and Super Bowl hub-bub, it wasn't on my radar. And I never saw a race advertised on any of the sports channels. Bummer. I love watching America's Cup Racing.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow a week next monday Brazil are coming to play Ukraine at my clubs ground Pride Park, i mean you don't get many chances to see Brazil play im very excited!

Oh and i thought i might mention that my club, Derby County, this season signed an eighteen year old American called Conor Doyle who looks good for a place in your national team in the future! We got him from a University team in Texas i think!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast