Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Sports

Peaches Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn's Avatar

I lucked out today and got to go to the Okla State vs Kansas basketball game with my brother. What a game. OSU beat the #4 team in the nation!!!

Woo Hoo!!!!

I had a blast.

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

The Ashes?

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthful View Post
    McHale is pretty bad, but you should be grateful your team isn't owned by the Dolan family-and managed by Isiah Thomas.

There are downer cows who have more perspicacity than that duo.
    as another Knicks fan, i hear that! i can't believe Zeke still has his job with the Knicks. like the Jets, the Knicks are a NY team where change needs to start with the ownership

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

The Avs are skating like one-armed blind old ladies.

That is all.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    McHale is pretty bad, but you should be grateful your team isn't owned by the Dolan family-and managed by Isiah Thomas.

as another Knicks fan, i hear that! i can't believe Zeke still has his job with the Knicks. like the Jets, the Knicks are a NY team where change needs to start with the ownership
    I would love to see what he has on Dolan.

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post

I would love to see what he has on Dolan.
    clearly some blackmail ammo that's for sure

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

It must be some good dirt, because I don't know of any other employer who wouldn't fire an employee who cost them 10 million dollars in a sexual harrassment lawsuit.

Citizen of Gilead TerribleT is on a distinguished road TerribleT's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have tickets to the National League Champion Colorado Rockies home opener, 19 rows up, almost directly behind home plate.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

19 rows up?

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post
    19 rows up?

Two Av's fans, no mention of Forsberg yet... are you guys not excited to have him back? he may not be the Forsberg he once was, but trust me, he can still play.

Country
    Country Flag

YES!!!!! When did that happen, I didn't get the memo!?!?!?!?!?! St. Peter, St. Joseph, and Hejduk together again!!!! Now if we could only get St. Patrick back

he signed yesterday. the "experts" say not to expect much from him. i say barry melrose is the only coach to take a team with wayne gretzky to game 7 of the finals and NOT win so what the f*ck does he know? give pete a month to get in playing shape and we'll see what he does or doesn't have left in the tank. i know the flyers wanted him back. on that note, they did re-acquire vinny prospal from the lightning which made me VERY happy. vinny is an every other season player, but this is an "on" season so it's nice to have him.

Country
    Country Flag

I love Melrose though, the guy has a lot of good insights. I am glad to see Forsberg back in an Avs sweater. I hope he can make a significant contribution.

Country
    Country Flag

They got Foote too!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Forsberg? That brings on the Forsberg war cry:

SPLEEN!!!!!

Yeah, Foote showed up at the start of tonight's game and they already have him on the ice. To me that says "this team is so fucking desperate that we don't have time to let Foote practice with them."

If they don't fire Queneville's ass this year, I'm gonna be pissed. And he needs to take that idiot Theodore with him.

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default NCAA March Madness

The NCAA college basketball tournament is awesome, especially when there are a lot of upsets like in Friday's round one games! Too bad I picked the wrong ones.

I do not know how many of you follow the NCAA tournament (probably not a lot based on the response to Randall Flagg's attempt to get a competition going) but if you like sports at all you should be watching. I know I have not been very productive at work because of it.

I suggest next year we try again at the March Madness competition but instead of picking against point spreads we should link up to CBS Sportsline and use their bracket manager. It will track everything for you so all you have to do is sign-up and make your picks. All the managers at work are doing it and it makes the whole thing even more fun.

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

There have been some GOOD games! I try to catch quite a few of them.

I've got Memphis going all the way--not sure how long THAT will hold up!

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I went with UCLA but after seeing how hard a time they had against my Aggies I am not sure that was a good pick.

I hope you are wrong about Memphis because I picked Texas to upset them.

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

I haven't followed college basketball in years, but doesn't Memphis shoot sixty or sixty-five percent from the charity stripe? I know most of the other teams also suck at free-throws, but isn't Memphis particularly execrable in this area?

Gunslinger Apprentice devo133 is on a distinguished road devo133's Avatar

Go UCLA! Our campus is rocking

a ghost? a ghost. Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead

HOME OPENER TONIGHT!

you're solid gold // i'll see you in hell

Citizen of Gilead Fall of Gilead has a spectacular aura about Fall of Gilead has a spectacular aura about Fall of Gilead's Avatar

My Mood
    Lonely
    Country
    Country Flag

Watchcing my Cards right now!
    In Digitized Remorse

got to see the mets today. looks like johan santana will fit in just fine. that dude can pitch.

a ghost? a ghost. Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead

Yeah. I know.

Just kidding, I hope he rocks it for the Mets. That's a team I can respect. Plus, with El (Ex)Presidente being in the NL now, at least we don't have to face him unless we draw the Mets in interleague play sometime. At least there's that. Still, I'm gonna miss Johan lots and lots.

Anyway, Torii's Return to the Dome was nice, I saw him get a little misty eyed when the crowd gave him a standing O and wouldn't stop until he tipped his hat twice. Fortunately for us, he didn't hit well and he didn't get a whole lot of opportunities to rob us of anything. Carlos Go-Go-Gomez was ROCKIN' it last night - four stolen bases already. Holy hell, can that man run. It's going to be a lot of fun watching him play, I think, and I'm really excited about him in CF. Also, Hernandez did a nice job going seven innings, which we neeeeed. It's nice to have a starter that can eat up innings like that again. Monroe didn't do anything as DH, Everett and Lamb each got on base a couple of times, and Harris teamed up with Morneau for an excellent DP, so the new guys had a good night.

It was a great win for the Twins last night. Here's to a similar '08 season!
    you're solid gold // i'll see you in hell

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast