Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: He is Legend (w/ "Throttle" by King & Hill) - Gauntlet Press

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Quote Originally Posted by Pasiuk57 View Post
    I ordered a lettered and signed numbered and got a confirmation from Barry himself stating my order was approved and verified.
    What time did you place your order, if I may ask?

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I just was hoping Patrick gets one. He loves Hill and King. I called and left him a VM.
    I am going to hold off a few more minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I ordered two of the Slipcase $200 books, so I have an extra (I want two, but just in case Patrick gets shut out, I have one for him.)
    Jerome, I really appreciate the phone call. I don't know why my phone didn't show that I had a message, but I didn't see it until about noon (my phone said you had called around 8am, but didn't show a "message" in the morning). Anyway, I ordered two of the $200 S/L. I'd be happy with one, but who knows if I'll get any. If not, I'll happily take you up on your very generous offer. Thanks again, Jerome.

I'm on the Gauntlet email list at work and happened to take this morning off, so I didn't see the official email announcement until almost 2pm today - the email appeared to arrive Sunday night a bit before 7pm. When I registered this purchase I used my personal email. I have no idea whether I received a receipt since I cleaned out my gmail spam box with hardly a glance before reading this thread.

We shall see. In any case, kudos to Gauntlet for NOT charging credit cards for another nine months.

[All times mentioned are Pacific Daylight Time.]
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Citizen of Gilead shnnrc01 is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

i ordered a lettered edition this morning and got the confirmation e-mail.i think (and hope) i got the #'d edition ordered in plenty of time.but ill have to wait and see about the lettered i suppose.ill try giving barry an e-mail to see if i get an official yay or nay.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Can I safely assume that if I got an invoice that I got the book I ordered???
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    I hope so, because I just ordered the $150 S/L version this am, and got a confirmation email. I didn't get my Gauntlet Press Newsletter email until 10:45pm last night, and just read it early this morning! I think we'll be ok, since there are 750 copies of this version.
    "God punishes us for what we cannot imagine." - Stephen King, Duma Key

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, if so I have a lettered waiting for me.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by goheat View Post
    I hope so, because I just ordered the $150 S/L version this am, and got a confirmation email. I didn't get my Gauntlet Press Newsletter email until 10:45pm last night, and just read it early this morning! I think we'll be ok, since there are 750 copies of this version.
    Yep that's when I got my email, last night and it was titled "test". I don't know if I got the original email or not. It's possible I might have deleted it.

btw, I think you guys are talking about the automated response (at least Brice and goheat), we all got that, as after you order from the site you get sent the automated receipt. I think we are all waiting for a secondary email confirming that our order placed was approved.

Still with RF's post i think we are all ok, and they probably are not sold out yet. But I assume that'll happen soon.
    Geoff

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, thanks for the info man.

*nervously hopes*

If you rescue me

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I received personal confirmation already
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I've received nothing beyond the invoice as of now.

If you rescue me

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I have not yet received personal confirmation. I placed my order at 6:23am and got a standard e-mail confirm immediately, but nothing personalized yet.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    I have not yet received personal confirmation. I placed my order at 6:23am and got a standard e-mail confirm immediately, but nothing personalized yet.
    same here...

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

And same here. But since I only ordered the $200 edition, I'm not concerned.

John

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Got this in the AM...this is for the #'d edition...so I' sure anyone who ordered that is all set!

"Thank you for your order. Our Stephen King elist newsletter will keep you updated on the status of your book and remind you that your card will be charged the first week in January 2009. As you instructed the other order has been canceled. You will be charged for just ONE book in January"

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

This just in my e-mail from Barry:

I've been working on orders and I still have 400. I'll process them in the next few days so please be patient.

Best,
    Barry Hoffman
    Gauntlet Press

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by gguthrie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by goheat View Post
    Yep that's when I got my email, last night and it was titled "test". I don't know if I got the original email or not. It's possible I might have deleted it.

btw, I think you guys are talking about the automated response (at least Brice and goheat), we all got that, as after you order from the site you get sent the automated receipt. I think we are all waiting for a secondary email confirming that our order placed was approved.

Still with RF's post i think we are all ok, and they probably are not sold out yet. But I assume that'll happen soon.
    Yes, my email had TEST in front of it, but I'm pretty sure this was the first and only email from Gauntlet this week.

Let's all think positive thoughts so we all get our copies! (It's Peanut Butter-Jelly Time!)

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, I just ordered a $200 numbered too in case I don't get the lettered. Hopefully, I'll at least get one of them.

If you rescue me

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I wonder how many of the $200 slipcased versions will be issued. There's a total of 750 copies divided between those slipcased and those without, for $150. I guess it'll depend on the number of orders of each.

John

Country
    Country Flag

:coffee:

This just in my e-mail from Barry:

I've been working on orders and I still have 400. I'll process them in the next few days so please be patient.

Best,
    Barry Hoffman
    Gauntlet Press
    Cool, especially if he means that he still has 400 left after the orders he's processed so far...

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

no "simple" edition i guess?

I'd just want to read the story... erf

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

So far, the cheapest version is the $150.

If you rescue me

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    no "simple" edition i guess?

I'd just want to read the story... erf
    www.Joehillfiction.com said this:
    That said, I’m also sensitive to and sympathetic with folks who just want to read the story without going broke. There is a plan in the works to make sure a wide-release version of “Throttle” will be available for everyone who wants it; because nothing is nailed down yet, I can’t say more than that. But at some point after the release of the Matheson anthology, that wide-release edition will get out there, so stay tuned.
    This entry was posted on Monday, March

Gunslinger Apprentice nyy3723a is on a distinguished road nyy3723a's Avatar

I just placed my order for the $200 version! Hopefully I'll get it!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I wonder how many of the $200 slipcased versions will be issued. There's a total of 750 copies divided between those slipcased and those without, for $150. I guess it'll depend on the number of orders of each.

John
    John, I'll bet you are correct. Given the lead time to prepare, the 750 will be probably be split into three groups based on number of each ordered:
    1) S/L without slipcase $150
    2) S/L with slipcase-without-art $175 ($150 + $25)
    3) S/L with slipcase-with-art $200

That's assuming I read the listing correctly, of course, which is always a dubious assumption.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I read it the same way. I also noticed that all the orders for those with the slipcase have to be in by November 1. I'll bet that it sells out before then.

John

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast