Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 39 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast

Thread: He is Legend (w/ "Throttle" by King & Hill) - Gauntlet Press

Gunslinger Apprentice Justin Case is on a distinguished road Justin Case's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by EXPLORER View Post
    They shipped media mail, so delivery time won't be that consistent...probably nothing to worry about....
    My "HE IS LEGEND" came PRIORITY MAIL. (Was there a Media mail option?)
    Copy #189 arrived in Florida on Thursday 3-5-09
    Interesting....there was def. no shipping choices, but it was clearly marked 'media.'
    Got mine on Saturday by Priority too. I was pleasantly surprised! I have yet to take it out of it's shrinkwrap but I really am pleased with the beveled slipcase and the "card" of the cover. From the Gauntlet newsletter alot of people are asking about the beveled slipcase (which is almost identical to the one Barry did for Bradbury's Dark Carnival - very nice indeed). They will be made available to all those who didn't originally get one but may want one now - they are instructed to place order at site but be aware it will take 3 - 7 weeks. Hope this info helps!
    Phil

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I really am looking forward to seeing the books.

Also:
    Link to auction with extra signed sheet

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Okay, here's mine. #141 with the regular slipcase. The quality is good--similar to those by The Collector.

I wish Stev-o would have take a little more time with his sig! Sloppy, but authentic.

Oh, and there's my buddy Michael Arnzen as well. He's got a contribution too.

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Anybody noticing the slipcase being VERY tight once brodart is put on the jacket? Is there such a thing as super thin brodart? I can't imagine two tiny pieces of plastic adds that much thickness, but apparently it does!

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

I really wouldn't worry about a brodart...that IS what the slipcase is for, after all! Haha...As long as you're not taking it out of the slipcase, I'm sure it would be fine.

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I really wouldn't worry about a brodart...that IS what the slipcase is for, after all! Haha...As long as you're not taking it out of the slipcase, I'm sure it would be fine.
    haha very true.... but I'm anal.

Gunslinger Apprentice Dr. Dawg is on a distinguished road Dr. Dawg's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm still waiting... has anyone who ordered both the beveled slipcased version AND an unsigned version received their's yet?

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by e_taylor View Post
    Anybody noticing the slipcase being VERY tight once brodart is put on the jacket? Is there such a thing as super thin brodart? I can't imagine two tiny pieces of plastic adds that much thickness, but apparently it does!
    It's a tight fit just for the book with my slipcase. I put the insert in with it and it barely will fit.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Anybody got a chance to read theirs yet? How's "Throttle"?

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats, Bill.

I agree, the slipcases are tight. I'm storing the extra artwork separately.

Pablo, I think there are comments earlier in the thread somewhere from people who read the ARC.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dawg View Post
    I'm still waiting... has anyone who ordered both the beveled slipcased version AND an unsigned version received their's yet?
    Dr. Dawg, I ordered one of each and got them in one box March 9 via Media Mail. If yours were sent Media Mail, blame the Post Office for the delay.

John

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I've just received my copy (#29) with the e. slipcase.
    Amazing edition really.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dawg View Post
    Dr. Dawg, I ordered one of each and got them in one box March 9 via Media Mail. If yours were sent Media Mail, blame the Post Office for the delay.

John
    Thanks John! I'll just keep waiting patiently then...

Zack

Gunslinger Apprentice Justin Case is on a distinguished road Justin Case's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by e_taylor View Post
    While I have yet to brodart my copy of He Is Legend yet I know exactly what your talking about. Whenever I get a copy of a slipcased book from PS Publishing (i.e. the regular slipcased signed limiteds of Colorado Kid, etc..) the book is almost always way too tight for slipcase already not even counting the added thickness of a brodart. I would normally use 2mil on all my books for the feel and protection of the thicker mylar but if it's a slipcased PS limited I use a lower mil (I think its 1.3 or more likely 1.5 but I remember a 3 in there for some reason). Its still a tight fit for the slipcase but the thinner mylar definitely helps. I'll try and double check the exact mil when I get home tonight if your interested. Hope this helps.
    Phil

Country
    Country Flag

Finally received my copy yesterday! #50, very nice edition.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I got my copy as well (with beveled slipcase).

I got the Brodart on, and in the case, but it is snug.

I now have 13 King S/Ls that have the same #.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Which # did you get to match it?

Still behind my 19 books with the same number...haha...

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

None of my books have the same number.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Anybody got a chance to read theirs yet? How's "Throttle"?
    I thought "Throttle" was great! Duel on motorcycles- big fun! An interesting father & son story, too- which was appropriate.

Ron

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Great story. I thought the tone felt more like that of a Joe Hill story than a King story.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Want to re-read Duel before I read Throttle... can't wait though
    Phil

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Great story. I thought the tone felt more like that of a Joe Hill story than a King story.
    Maybe that's why Joe got top billing...?
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Damn you Rahfa...everything's always a competion with you!

(I don't count my Talisman/BlackHouse gift set because it is not signed by King.)
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post

Damn you Rahfa...everything's always a competion with you!

(I don't count my Talisman/BlackHouse gift set because it is not signed by King.)
    Tippy,

I'm sure you can find someone on Ebay to sign your Talisman/BlackHouse set as Stephen King.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Try Tim at Flatsigned. He seems to have good luck with SK sigs.

Life is a garden...dig it!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 39 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast