Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: He is Legend (w/ "Throttle" by King & Hill) - Gauntlet Press

Gunslinger Apprentice super sam is on a distinguished road super sam's Avatar

I didnīt win on the lottery either!

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hmmmm. I haven't been keeping score, but it sure seems like out of those who were in the lottery, the positive hit ratio is below 50%, and I think there were 90 people vying for 52 Lettered copies (minus a couple of us that got confirms early from Barry).

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Posting this in breaking news....just in from CD

Stephen King Production Update!
    Huge Surprise Announcement Coming Soon!

Glenn Chadbourne recently made a top secret trip from his native Maine to the Cemetery Dance offices in Maryland to deliver the very last of the interior artwork for The Secretary of Dreams (Volume Two) by Stephen King. This artwork all has to be scanned, but as soon as digital files are prepared, we're ready to rush this title right into production. In addition, later this month we'll be sending some exclusive Sneak Peeks out to customers who have preordered this title. Watch your in-box for details!

In other news, the printer reports that Stephen King: The Non-Fiction and The Dark Tower Concordance are right on track for a summer publication date. These books are going to be huge -- over 600 and 800 pages -- and they're going to make a great addition to your collection!

Even though this isn't a book we're publishing, we thought you'd like to know that Stephen King's next collection, entitled Just After Sunset, is going to be over 400 pages of must-read Stephen King fiction... and we were just notified that yet another short story has been added to the table of contents! "The Cat From Hell" is about a hitman hired to kill a cat... and what should be the easiest gig of his nasty career could actually end up being the last day of his life!

Finally, we can't say more right now, but we have a huge surprise announcement coming in the next month or so, and we don't expect the signed editions to last more than a few hours. Make sure you stay tuned to our Cemetery Dance Insider mailing list for details! In addition, we will be notifying the customers who preordered The Secretary of Dreams (Volume Two) about this news first, as our way of saying thanks for your continuing support! That's why it's especially important that you keep our office notified when your email or mailing address changes -- see the next section for more information about that!

We'll have more updates soon!

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

The first thing I thought of when I got the email from them was.... Cemetery Dance announce a new S/L....... Zzzzzzzzzzz ...... wake me up in 2 years.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post

Glenn Chadbourne recently made a top secret trip from his native Maine to the Cemetery Dance offices in Maryland to deliver the very last of the interior artwork for The Secretary of Dreams (Volume Two) by Stephen King.

Top secret trip?

Puh-lease!

Don't they have Fedex in Maine?

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Has there been any word on an edition of just the King/Hill novella by itself?

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

As far as I know, there are no plans to issue just the novella. Everything I've read says it'll be out as part of the anthology.

John

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It's just I have a weird rule of not collecting multiple-author anthologies.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    It's just I have a weird rule of not collecting multiple-author anthologies.
    Saves money.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

But you miss lots of good stories!

John

Country
    Country Flag

Sooner or later short stories get collected. Hopefully "Throttle" will be out as a separate small book. That would be very nice to have.

Traveler Min is on a distinguished road

Just to let everyone know, an unsigned edition of this book was just posted at Amazon for preorder. It's got a price of $60.

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Min View Post
    Just to let everyone know, an unsigned edition of this book was just posted at Amazon for preorder. It's got a price of $60.
    Wow. That's a steep price for an unsigned book. Is that going to be the publisher's price??? King/Hill fans that couldn't afford the S/L likely won't be able to get this one either.

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Got me a copy of the S/L with the special slipcase and artwork. Looking forward to it.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

There's something definitely fishy about that Amazon listing. It doesn't say it's not signed, and there are also three copies listed under the Used and New button. I wonder, if you order it, what you'll really get.

John

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

as you said, there are 3 copies in "new and used"...
    and 2 of them are really cheap, and saying they have it in stock..

$3, $13, and $60
    weird... but for $3 its not really trying for a lot of money..

Traveler Min is on a distinguished road

The Amazon listing is real. I found out about it through a posting by Chris Conlon at Shocklines. The used books listed seem to be a problem with the ISBN number (you definitely won't be getting 'He is Legend' if you order that $3 book).

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Okay, Min. Is there any way of notifying Amazon about the errors?

John

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by NeedfulKings View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Min View Post
    Wow. That's a steep price for an unsigned book. Is that going to be the publisher's price??? King/Hill fans that couldn't afford the S/L likely won't be able to get this one either.
    I agree, what's the point of a trade edition if it's so expensive! Jeeze the Limiteds/Lettereds were somewhat reasonable, I'm surprised by this. Gauntlet should just do a paperback and release it for $17.95. Heck, they have a paperback line. Why bother with a hardcover?
    Geoff

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

I'm sure it's because of their contract...they can't print as many books as they want, and to make any money they probably need to charge $60 or whatever to make any profit...they probably don't have any right to produce a paperback edition.

Country
    Country Flag

Like I said before, according to what Joe Hill wrote, it sounded like there could be a separate edition of the novella in the future. I'll hold out for that.

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Like I said before, according to what Joe Hill wrote, it sounded like there could be a separate edition of the novella in the future. I'll hold out for that.
    If not it'll be in his next book of short stories, whenever that is?
    Geoff

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

There could be contractual problems since the story was co-authored by King that could preclude including the story in any of either King's or Hill's collections of short stories.

John

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    There could be contractual problems since the story was co-authored by King that could preclude including the story in any of either King's or Hill's collections of short stories.

John
    Possible...
    Geoff

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast