Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: He is Legend (w/ "Throttle" by King & Hill) - Gauntlet Press

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

If anyone cares to see the table of contents for the book, it was posted over at Horror Mall. Also Gauntlet has announced that there will probably be a trade edition released. So if you couldn't afford the Limited, there should be a copy for under $20 available.

HE IS LEGEND: AN ANTHOLOGY CELEBRATING RICHARD MATHESON

Edited by Christopher Conlon

Table of Contents

Editor’s Note

Introduction: Matheson the Master by Ramsey Campbell

A Tale Inspired by “Duel”: Throttle by Joe Hill and Stephen King

A Sequel to “The Distributor”: Recalled by F. Paul Wilson

A Prequel to I Am Legend: I Am Legend, Too by Mick Garris

A Sequel to Somewhere in Time: Two Shots from Fly’s Photo Gallery by John Shirley

A Variation on The Shrinking Man: The Diary of Louise Carey by Thomas F. Monteleone

A Sequel to “Born of Man and Woman”: She Screech Like Me by Michael A. Arnzen

A Sequel to “Button, Button”: Everything of Beauty Taken from You in This Life Remains Forever by Gary A. Braunbeck

A Sequel to Someone is Bleeding: The Case of Peggy Ann Lister by John Maclay

A Sequel to “The Children of Noah”: Zachry Revisited by William F. Nolan

A Tale Inspired by “The Finishing Touches”: Comeback by Ed Gorman

A Variation on “Disappearing Act”: An Island Unto Himself by Barry Hoffman

A Tale Inspired by “Legion of Plotters”: Venturi by Richard Christian Matheson

A Sequel to “Prey”: Quarry by Joe R. Lansdale

A Prequel to Hell House: Return to Hell House by Nancy A. Collins

A Tale Inspired by Collected Stories: Cloud Rider by Whitley Strieber

…And an Original Screenplay: Conjure Wife by Richard Matheson and Charles Beaumont
    Geoff

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Geoff-

Thanks for this. Looks like quite a lineup

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Geoff. I'm really looking forward to this.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Great info, thanks!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by gguthrie View Post
    If anyone cares to see the table of contents ....

HE IS LEGEND: AN ANTHOLOGY CELEBRATING RICHARD MATHESON

Edited by Christopher Conlon

Table of Contents

Editor’s Note

Introduction: Matheson the Master by Ramsey Campbell

A Tale Inspired by “Duel”: Throttle by Joe Hill and Stephen King

A Sequel to “The Distributor”: Recalled by F. Paul Wilson

A Prequel to I Am Legend: I Am Legend, Too by Mick Garris

A Sequel to Somewhere in Time: Two Shots from Fly’s Photo Gallery by John Shirley

A Variation on The Shrinking Man: The Diary of Louise Carey by Thomas F. Monteleone

A Sequel to “Born of Man and Woman”: She Screech Like Me by Michael A. Arnzen

A Sequel to “Button, Button”: Everything of Beauty Taken from You in This Life Remains Forever by Gary A. Braunbeck

A Sequel to Someone is Bleeding: The Case of Peggy Ann Lister by John Maclay

A Sequel to “The Children of Noah”: Zachry Revisited by William F. Nolan

A Tale Inspired by “The Finishing Touches”: Comeback by Ed Gorman

A Variation on “Disappearing Act”: An Island Unto Himself by Barry Hoffman

A Tale Inspired by “Legion of Plotters”: Venturi by Richard Christian Matheson

A Sequel to “Prey”: Quarry by Joe R. Lansdale

A Prequel to Hell House: Return to Hell House by Nancy A. Collins

A Tale Inspired by Collected Stories: Cloud Rider by Whitley Strieber

…And an Original Screenplay: Conjure Wife by Richard Matheson and Charles Beaumont
    Crap! I didn't know Mike was involved! I've been chatting with him about his most recent Stoker award. I'm excited to be able to see his name alongside SK's!!!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by NeedfulKings View Post
    Crap! I didn't know Mike was involved! I've been chatting with him about his most recent Stoker award. I'm excited to be able to see his name alongside SK's!!!
    Yes, it's a pretty nice list of authors all around.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedfulKings View Post
    Yes, it's a pretty nice list of authors all around.
    I agree. Obviously I'm buying it for the King/Hill combo, but I will read the whole anthology, as it has a great list of authors.
    Geoff

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll probably get one of the paperbacks to read and keep the s/l for my collection. I agree, a VERY nice list of authors!

John

Gunslinger Apprentice Calla_Wolf is on a distinguished road Calla_Wolf's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed

Well, I didn't get the lettered ed. Oh well

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Calla_Wolf View Post
    Well, I didn't get the lettered ed. Oh well
    Have they told you that? Was the lottery drawn?

Citizen of Gilead shnnrc01 is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

THE DRAW TOOK PLACE.I DIDNT GET MINE EITHER.

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

no lettered for my collection either

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I was notified I "won" one.

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Sorry to all who didn't get one.

Congrats Jerome!!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Gunslinger Apprentice super sam is on a distinguished road super sam's Avatar

Have you all got the result of the lottery from Gauntlet?
    I have not heard anything.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I will get a Lettered edition, but I was not aware that the lottery had been held...no e-mail or anything.

I e-mailed Barry last week and asked him about the handful of us that got double confirms on our Lettered editions (1 automatic confirm and later 1 from Barry himself). He wrote back that those few that got double confirmed would get their copies and not be put in the lottery. I was one of those lucky people.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I didn't get one.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I did!
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I did!

Congrats Matt. How did you find out? Were you aware the lottery was taking place now? I thought it was set for May 1st.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I did!
    That is awesome

You won't be disappointed in the quality from this publisher.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Apparently they decided to do the lottery early. Everyone should have (or should be) getting emails notifying them that they either won or lost in the lottery, I think.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats, Jerome and Matt.
    Sorry that some of you didn't.
    Good luck to the others who haven't heard yet.

Citizen of Gilead jemaher will become famous soon enough jemaher will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Gauntlet always does a very nice book. Im really looking forward to seeing this!

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Woo Hoo Matt! That's awsome!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I may have misunderstood what we were talking about. I read Davids message above:

I e-mailed Barry last week and asked him about the handful of us that got double confirms on our Lettered editions (1 automatic confirm and later 1 from Barry himself). He wrote back that those few that got double confirmed would get their copies and not be put in the lottery. I was one of those lucky people.
    and I got what is described here. I should have read closer, no new email on the lottery for me. Sorry for the confusion guys.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast