Page 22 of 39 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast

Thread: He is Legend (w/ "Throttle" by King & Hill) - Gauntlet Press

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MonteGss View Post
    I've often wondered how two writers collaborate/write a book together.
    Hill/King and King/Straub
    King and Straub did it by email. King wrote a bit, emailed it to Straub, he wrote a bit and emailed it back to King..... yada, yada

They will start the process again in 2011 with Talisman III.
    King and Straub used e-mail for Blackhouse, but not The Talisman.
    Had Al Gore even invented the internet yet in '84?

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Sale of the S/L on eBay already (book not delivered yet).

http://cgi.ebay.com/He-Is-Legend-Sig...QQcmdZViewItem
    Am I reading this wrong? $725, you have to be kidding me!
    Geoff

Gunslinger Apprentice natehorning is on a distinguished road

King and Straub did it by email. King wrote a bit, emailed it to Straub, he wrote a bit and emailed it back to King..... yada, yada

Is this true? Did I somehow miss this? Talisman and Black House are two of my favorites and I have been hoping for this to start back up. Confirmation of this would make me very happy.

Nate

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by natehorning View Post
    Is this true? Did I somehow miss this? Talisman and Black House are two of my favorites and I have been hoping for this to start back up. Confirmation of this would make me very happy.
    Nate
    King mentions it in his Feb 2008 inteview with Lilja...

Lilja: What about The Talisman 3? Any news on that?

Stephen King: [laughs] You mean the third section?

Lilja: Yeah.

Stephen King: Well, I talk to Peter about it and the real problem isn’t working with Peter because I love to work with Peter and we actually have a really good idea for this book and I’m sure it’ll happen in time but right now what it would mean is backing off and rereading those first two books and getting kinda back into the groove a bit and that’s the part that’s kinda holding me back, that’s daunting. That’s a lot of story there to beat around with, to work around so…

Lilja: It’s about the same as when you were doing the last three Dark Tower books; you had to read up on them…

Stephen King: That’s exactly what I was thinking of, yeah…

I remember another interview which he says the only time both of them will be free is in 2011, but I can't find it at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by natehorning View Post
    Nate
    King mentions it in his Feb 2008 inteview with Lilja...

Lilja: What about The Talisman 3? Any news on that?

Stephen King: [laughs] You mean the third section?

Lilja: Yeah.

Stephen King: Well, I talk to Peter about it and the real problem isn’t working with Peter because I love to work with Peter and we actually have a really good idea for this book and I’m sure it’ll happen in time but right now what it would mean is backing off and rereading those first two books and getting kinda back into the groove a bit and that’s the part that’s kinda holding me back, that’s daunting. That’s a lot of story there to beat around with, to work around so…

Lilja: It’s about the same as when you were doing the last three Dark Tower books; you had to read up on them…

Stephen King: That’s exactly what I was thinking of, yeah…

I remember another interview which he says the only time both of them will be free is in 2011, but I can't find it at the moment.
    Thanks. That information is very welcome.

Nate

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by gguthrie View Post

Take away the economy aspect and that price should NOT be out of whack...

I mean, Joe Hill's s/l's were selling for decent money...and this is a rare collaboaration...and there are only 750 copies...so why wouldn't it be worth a decent amount?

However...we all know it isn't worth this...maybe $250-$300 for a long time to come....

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Anthologies can be funny.

Borderlands 5 and Quietly Now might be worth $200.

Complete Masters of Darkness, Best of CD are worth $400-$500 (both are pretty hefty).

Time will tell for this one, but I don't see it going over $400.

For me, the collaboration between King and son adds no value.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

King and Straub used e-mail for Blackhouse, but not The Talisman.
    Thanks for the responses gentlemen! I appreciate it.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gguthrie View Post

Take away the economy aspect and that price should NOT be out of whack...

I mean, Joe Hill's s/l's were selling for decent money...and this is a rare collaboration...and there are only 750 copies...so why wouldn't it be worth a decent amount?

However...we all know it isn't worth this...maybe $250-$300 for a long time to come....
    The price is $675 (the $50 slipcase is included in the deal, not an extra cost - the wording is not very good).
    Plus the seller is throwing in an AE of LSOE.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

He lowered the price...and added the AE...

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Rahfa. I guess I missed the original version of the listing. So it's basically a $580 S/L, assuming someone wants the LSOE AE (those are $95 at Grant, right?).

$580 still seems a bit high to me.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Issue price is $300...and a lot of people have a DT VII, but don't qualify for LSOE...I agree in this market $580 is a bit high, but it seems like the $500+ range is about right? Maybe?

But no new limited has gone for much more than issue price lately, so....

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Has anyone received this yet?
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Gunslinger Apprentice Clacke will become famous soon enough Clacke's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Received the latest Gauntlet newsletter earlier today with this info:

We have been told by our printer that the numbered copies of He Is Legend: An Anthology Celebrating Richard Matheson will ship to us in two weeks. We’ll begin packing and shipping as soon as they arrive.

As we’ve explained previously we will be shipping the numbered copies first. After that is completed we should have the slipcases and will be shipping the numbered slipcased editions. Then, when that is complete we hope to have the traycases in so we can begin shipping the lettered editions. The unsigned copies are being printed separately and will ship last. Anyone who purchased several different editions will have them shipped all at once.

We ask for your patience as, including unsigned copies, we have close to 1000 copies to ship.
    Looks like it'll be at least the end of February before they start shipping.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Clacke, exactly what I needed to know.

I wonder where my emails are going
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for posting the update, Clacke. I received the same email as well.

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Thanks Clacke, exactly what I needed to know.

I wonder where my emails are going
    I'm wondering the same thing. I did not get the email either.

Life is a garden...dig it!

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

No e-mail for me either (and not in my spam folder either). Hmmmm

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

No e-mail for me either (and not in my spam folder either). Hmmmm
    I guess Clacke will have to keep us posted since he is getting them.

Life is a garden...dig it!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Has there been any new word on a mass-market printed version of Throttle yet? Joe Hill hinted at it a while back but no word since then I think.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Are Clacke and I really the only ones receiving the Gauntlet newsletter? Strange.

Pablo, good question. I haven't heard anything on a mass market edition.

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I got the newsletter! :-)
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I didn't get it either. I assume I've gotten most if not all the others, but not this one.

John

I get them but it is always a few days after the information is posted here.

Nate

+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 39 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast