Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 39 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast

Thread: He is Legend (w/ "Throttle" by King & Hill) - Gauntlet Press

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks to Barry for responding so quickly. Here is his response to my inquiry about the auction of a Lettered H.I.L:

“With regards to the lettered editions after the raffle in 2008 we did not make up a waiting list based on the order we received a customer’s request for the book. As we’ve said from the beginning when our announcement went out some customers received it well before others. It arrived in the morning in the United States when many who later ordered had already gone to work. So, we discarded the idea of rewarding the book via when the order was received out of hand. We decided on a raffle, though customers of Gauntlet know we have never held a raffle before. It’s a way some publishers try to sell books with the chances of winning the raffle very slim. But, at the time it was the best of a number of bad solutions. After the raffle the waiting list was not kept in any particular order, since we never considered the order when requests came in valid (for reasons mentioned above). You can disagree with this and we respect anyone who does, but it was a decision we made. We decided on the auction as those who most wanted the book would have a chance to bid on it. We had one customer who canceled her order for the book. We may have a second customer whom we have given two more weeks to make payment (we have tried to be as flexible as possible). So, at the most there will be two copies. There won’t be a second auction. The second winning bidder will be given the chance for the second book if there is one. If that person then declines we’ll go down our list of bidders.

Lastly, we are now contacting people on our waiting list for the signed numbered edition. It will take several weeks for reasons mentioned in our newsletter.”

That should be it.

Best,
    Barry

That seems to me to be quite fair.

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

[quote=Rahfa;320308][quote=e_taylor;320267][quote=Randall
    Or, for that matter, just have 50 PC copies and sell them instead..."oops, I overbooked, but I have a PC copy for you!" Then, he could actually take more orders than 52 and people are still never the wiser. Sketchy, yes, but you do what you gotta do....[/quote]

This very well might happen. Gauntlet is a publisher that will sell PC's of their Lettered Editions. If you look over the site there are a few books with Lettered PC's available. 52 copies might not be the final tally...
    Geoff

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I wanted to make clear that Barry Hoffman at Gauntlet was VERY kind in donating a galley of He Is Legend to kick off our fundraiser for The Haven Foundation. The galley sold for $300!
    Once again a special thanks!

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I wanted to make clear that Barry Hoffman at Gauntlet was VERY kind in donating a galley of He Is Legend to kick off our fundraiser for The Haven Foundation. The galley sold for $300!
    Once again a special thanks!

And, I thank you and him...as the proud owner of said ARC

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

to Barry for the donation, and to Wiz for that sizable donation.

Jerome, thanks for posting his response. It seems fair enough, in my opinion.

I won't be bidding, so good luck to whoever here does bid.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I know this information is out there...but I am too lazy to look and can't remember the last newsletter.......

Are we looking at a January or a February shipment?
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Supposed to be February.

John

Gunslinger Apprentice natehorning is on a distinguished road

Can someone remind me when He Is Legend is being released?

Nate

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Should be anytime, I was already charged for it.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I assume everyone who has ordered the book received this email update, but just in case...

Gauntlet Press E-Newsletter Updates for January 26th, 2009

He Is Legend: Waiting List Update

We have completed contacting those on our waiting list for He Is Legend: An Anthology Celebrating Richard Matheson. Over 100 of those we contacted did not reply to our email, so those orders are now cancelled. If for some reason you feel you didn’t hear from us and were expecting to, there is nothing more we can do. It was essential that we receive a response, as opposed to assuming a customer would want the book, due to us needing his/her express approval to charge their card.

We have approximately 25 copies of the signed numbered edition remaining (with or without the slipcase). The Matheson family has requested that we make the remaining copies of the signed editions available to those most interested in Richard Matheson. Therefore, we worked together with them to come up with a fair way to assess interest. The result is as follows:

If you spend $100 on in-stock (no 2009 pre-orders) Richard Matheson titles you can then also order a copy of He Is Legend at the same time.
    You must pay the regular price for these items; sale prices don’t qualify.
    The first 25 who order will receive the remaining copies of He Is Legend.
    If we don’t get 25 orders we’ll put copies on eBay and begin a new waiting list.

Order your Richard Matheson book(s) from the Gauntlet Press website in addition to the numbered or slipcased edition of He Is Legend. We will let you know as soon as we process your order that you have secured yourself a copy of He Is Legend.

Once we receive 25 orders, we will not charge you for your order without first contacting you, since we would have no more copies of He Is Legend left (you would then go to the top of the waiting list).

Although this has been a challenging experience for both the Gauntlet Press staff and our customers, we’ve also received positive emails from our customers regarding our handling of the tremendous interest in He Is Legend.

<snip>

As always, we respond to emails the day we receive them. We can’t honor all requests (a personal email when each copy ships, for instance), but we treat each and every query with respect.

As for the book itself, we should have news of its release by the next newsletter. When the books arrive we’ll advise you via the newsletter just what is shipping. For those who haven't purchased from us before, we ship the numbered copies first (the slipcases usually don’t arrive for about 2 weeks after the books themselves arrive). Then the slipcased copies ship, at which point we should have the traycases so the lettered editions can ship. The unsigned copies are printed separately and probably won’t arrive until we’ve shipped all signed copies. We will also update the He Is Legend page with shipping information. If we receive too many email queries regarding shipping status we may have to resort to a form response. We apologize for this in advance, but getting you your book as quickly as possible is our highest priority.

Important Note: We’ve received some calls and emails from customers who have changed their address since they placed their order for He Is Legend. It is essential that anyone who has changed their address contact us with an updated address. We cannot be responsible for the loss of a book if it is sent to an outdated address. Send your new address via email to info@gauntletpress.com.

<snip>

Are You A Member of Club99?

A Club99 package, which includes the galley for He Is Legend, ships to members this week. Learn more about what you get as a member of Gauntlet's Club99 by clicking here.

Ultimate He Is Legend Auction!

We offer three items in this auction, including a one-of-a-kind item:

(1) As publishers we receive from our printers one (and only one) “bluelines”, which are bound proof-pages. We check them, return them to the printer and they return them to us when actual printing begins. The bluelines for He Is Legend contains what are called 17 “signatures” (these are not signatures of authors, but the book is divided into 17 sections, with each being called a signature). They are called “bluelines” because the ink used is blue, which distinguishes this from any other version of the book. It is unique in that there is just one. To further enhance collectibility, we were also fortunate enough to have Richard Matheson sign the cover page of the bluelines. We will provide a letter of authenticity, indicating that there is just one copy of the bluelines.

(2) We had two customers who debated with themselves as to whether they could afford the lettered edition of the book, which we had already charged them for. In the end they decided against purchasing the book. One went to a previous auction winner. The other copy is being made available as part of this auction. (Note: For those discussing our lettered “waiting list” on bulletin boards once we completed our lottery last April we had no specific order that the customers were listed in for those remaining on our waiting list.)

(3) To round out the auction we have 3 galley copies of He Is Legend, all of which Richard Matheson has signed for us. As some of you know Richard Matheson has been having problems with his wrist which makes signing difficult (all first drafts of all of his work was handwritten). So, a Matheson signature is quite unique.

As with our other auctions we will take just one bid. And, rather than put it on eBay we are contacting those receiving this newsletter first. Bids start at $2000 for this unique package. Make one bid only, which should be your best bid. Bids must be sent to info@gauntletpress.com and in the subject mention “Ultimate Legend Auction.” Do not hit reply to this email. We will allow four days for this auction, so bids must be in by 11:59pm on Thursday, January 29th. Payment must be made via Paypal (postage/insurance will be added to your bid). As always, good luck and happy bidding!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for posting that, Patrick - I didn't get it! Did it just come today?

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by gsvec View Post
    Thanks for posting that, Patrick - I didn't get it! Did it just come today?
    Gretchen, it arrived at my work email address at 10:20pm PST on Sunday evening. I saw it this morning when I logged on from the office.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I did not get it either.

But Dora did notice the charge about two weeks ago. Was this email asking for permission to charge?
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I did not get it either.

But Dora did notice the charge about two weeks ago. Was this email asking for permission to charge?
    Nope. If you've been charged (as you have) and you haven't moved (as you haven't), you're fine.

That newsletter is:
    - an update if you've already ordered and are happily awaiting your book(s);
    - a way to get one of 25 unclaimed signed/numbered books by buying other Matheson merchandise; and
    - an announcement about a big auction (two grand minimum bid).

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Just another notice:

Anyone interested in buying a He is Legend ARC can PM me. I have 2.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

I just got mine from Ari yesterday. Now, to add it to the pile of to read books!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Got my newsletter email today - better late than never!

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Got my newsletter today too. I don't think I have two grand (or more) just sitting around that I don't need.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Gunslinger Apprentice blg is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

I beg to differ that everyone on the waiting list was contacted as I never received any email from Gauntlet Press (checked my spam folder as well).

Oh well, I suppose it's money that I need to be saving anyway.

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If there have been any changes with your email at all, even if it's a change of computers, you may need to contact them to be put back on their mailing list. I had to after my computer died, don't know why.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Country
    Country Flag

So does anyone have info on how father and son actually 'collaborated' on this story? "You write a paragraph/I write a paragraph" kinda thing?

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've often wondered how two writers collaborate/write a book together.
    Hill/King and King/Straub

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Sale of the S/L on eBay already (book not delivered yet).

http://cgi.ebay.com/He-Is-Legend-Sig...QQcmdZViewItem

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MonteGss View Post
    King and Straub did it by email. King wrote a bit, emailed it to Straub, he wrote a bit and emailed it back to King..... yada, yada

They will start the process again in 2011 with Talisman III.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MonteGss View Post
    King and Straub did it by email. King wrote a bit, emailed it to Straub, he wrote a bit and emailed it back to King..... yada, yada

They will start the process again in 2011 with Talisman III.
    King and Straub used e-mail for Blackhouse, but not The Talisman.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 39 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast