Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 39 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast

Thread: He is Legend (w/ "Throttle" by King & Hill) - Gauntlet Press

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My Credit Union site's down for year end maintenance, so I can't check!

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post
    My credit card transaction is NOT showing up! Starting to get nervous!
    He said he had close to 1000 cards to charge. I suspect that will take a while.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

My charge has shown up.

John

Citizen of Gilead willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Charged this morning for the S/L with slipcase and the Lettered edition.

Haven't seen the charge yet for the trade with slipcase.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Precisely. I don't think I would even worry about it.
    In this economy, it would surprise me if the books sold for over list price on the secondary market.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I didn't want to take a chance....so I mailed a check in October.

It has been so long...I had forgotten the different options and prices for this book.

The Gauntlet website no longer shows the prices....so I went back through this thread.

$200 for the S/N w a special beveled bonded leather slipcase w the cover art inset into the slipcase.
    $150 for the S/N (without slipcase).
    $25 for a slipcase only (not beveled and without the cover art).
    $500 for 52 copy lettered edition in a special bonded leather traycase. Signed by Richard Matheson.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I may be wrong, but I think I remember the lettered being $500.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    I may be wrong, but I think I remember the lettered being $500.
    just got the charge for one letter and one #'d slipcase edition
    was 729.00 including postage. so yep...the lettered was 500.00

almost missed out - again- on this one... my credit card i gave barry last march had expired,
    and after moving in may.... new address, new email...i thought i had sent everyone the new contact info. - including all my publishing contacts. guess i overlooked gauntlet.

so, unbeknowest to me, barry has been trying to email me for a couple of days(my old email addy).
    luckily, i stopped in here tonight at 10pm and read this thread. got me to thinking that i might should shoot barry an email to see if he was ready to charge, so i could get him my new card info. - only after i emailed, i went to the website and saw that 01/01/09 was when he planned to charge the cards.

barry just contacted me- quote: "I've written to you twice the past two days, but it appear from your email address that you changed your ISP. You're incredibly lucky, because at midnight I was going to give your books to another customer."

whew...needless to say... i'm feeling lucky- good thing i ate those blackeye peas today!
    so...reading this thread has saved me twice now on getting this book.

Along the Path of the Beam jcf817 is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    In this economy, it would surprise me if the books sold for over list price on the secondary market.

It surprises me to hear that. You don't think a book of this limitation and, I hope, quality, with both Stephen King's and Joe Hill's signatures will sell for more than list?

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

with the the size waiting list barry said he had... there might be a lot of people who missed out on this one the first go around and would be willing to pay over list to get it.... especially for the lettered. not that i care, since i ain't planning to sell.

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

My card is now charged - and I will rest easy - 'til the wife sees the charge on the card I suppose! She just doesn't understand! :-)
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jcf817 View Post

It surprises me to hear that. You don't think a book of this limitation and, I hope, quality, with both Stephen King's and Joe Hill's signatures will sell for more than list?
    Well, I rendered my opinion. Time will tell.

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jcf817 View Post

I think as a general rule anthologies don't hold or increase in value as well as novels. As for the King/Hill side of it, this book is about Richard Matheson, and wouldn't be an absolute "must" for King or Hill collectors (although I'm sure many here disagree) so that won't run the value up too much.

My thought would be that the S/L will hold it value, and maybe increase by $25 to $50 with the beveled slipcase (as those are, in a way limited themselves). As for the lettered, I really don't know what it offers over the limited (read: to lazy too go look), but the added price tag might actually hamper its investment potential, as the S/N is an attractive alternative.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

I think the Hill/King collaboration will help it stay above list, though maybe not dramatically so...

Totally agree about anthologies...look at "Transgressions." Only 200 copies, and signed by King, Ed McBain, Donald Westlake, Joyce Carol Oates...it peaked at $500 or so, but the last sale was $227...had a $200 list price three or four years ago.

What has Postscripts 10 sold for lately? That has SK/Hill sigs too, obviously.

I haven't been charged for "Legend" yet...I can honestly say I won't care one way or the other, but my CC hasn't changed, so I'm probably fine.

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Barry told me he charged mine yesterday ta midnight or so. Called my cc company today and so far they said I was not charged...real weird...

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

It usually takes at least a day for a CC company to post the charge.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

My charge hasn't shown up yet, but I'm assuming it's just the delay between him charging it and the bank processing it - especially with the holiday yesterday.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    My charge hasn't shown up yet, but I'm assuming it's just the delay between him charging it and the bank processing it - especially with the holiday yesterday.
    My charge hasn't officially been posted to my account but I can detect a difference of $729 (lettered and numbered plus postage) between my maximum credit limit and current credit limit to know that the charge is pending and is in the system. It always seems to take about two days for the billing to completely play out on my card (Citibank).

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

My charge hasn't officially been posted to my account but I can detect a difference of $729 (lettered and numbered plus postage) between my maximum credit limit and current credit limit to know that the charge is pending and is in the system. It always seems to take about two days for the billing to completely play out on my card (Citibank).
    Hmmm, good idea, but I'm not quite sure what my credit card limit is.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Mine is posted on my account page so everytime I log in the numbers are right in front of me. I'll bet it wouldn't take too much navigation on your part to find it when you check your statements online.

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Mine's there effective today!

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Mine is posted on my account page so everytime I log in the numbers are right in front of me. I'll bet it wouldn't take too much navigation on your part to find it when you check your statements online.
    Yeah, but I really think about how much credit I have available, it's going to be that much harder to resist eBay listings that would fill holes in my King collection and $400 Joe Hill chapbooks.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

barry asked me to post this for him....

"Since midnight, January 1 we've been charging credit cards for He Is Legend. We have now charged almost all of the signed editions. We won't be charging for the unsigned editions until we process orders for our 2009 books which we've been ignoring in order to charge for He Is Legend. One problem we've had is about 10% of the credit cards we processed have been declined (we did warn customers this could occur and provided other options). We have, however, emailed all of those whose cards were declined giving them the option of paying via Paypal. So far, very few of these customers have gotten back to us. So, we've gone the extra mile so those who originally ordered have every opportunity to get the book. We'll wait a few days and then begin working on the waiting list (for those whose cards were declined who don't contact us. One whose card was declined was for the lettered edition).

Barry Hoffman
    Gauntlet Press"

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Boomme View Post
    barry asked me to post this for him....

"Since midnight, January 1 we've been charging credit cards for He Is Legend. We have now charged almost all of the signed editions. We won't be charging for the unsigned editions until we process orders for our 2009 books which we've been ignoring in order to charge for He Is Legend. One problem we've had is about 10% of the credit cards we processed have been declined (we did warn customers this could occur and provided other options). We have, however, emailed all of those whose cards were declined giving them the option of paying via Paypal. So far, very few of these customers have gotten back to us. So, we've gone the extra mile so those who originally ordered have every opportunity to get the book. We'll wait a few days and then begin working on the waiting list (for those whose cards were declined who don't contact us. One whose card was declined was for the lettered edition).

Barry Hoffman
    Gauntlet Press"
    Bummer!.

That's too bad for the person who had the lettered preorder with the declined card. I did not see a charge either when I went to check my CC online. Decided to call my CC company and ask if there is any pending charge that has not been posted. Got confirmation in the phone that it went through ok. Phew!.

Along the Path of the Beam jcf817 is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Wow...all that wasted breath for the last year about putting people to the back of the line...and he ends up doing the logical thing anyway.

*shrugs*

+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 39 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast