Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

Thread: eBay Bad actors

The Lord of Skytop. Gunkslinger has a spectacular aura about Gunkslinger has a spectacular aura about Gunkslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Default eBay Bad actors

Anyone here have any issues with Pastor Roy Robbins of Bad Moon Books?

I had a sale with him on eBay a few days ago and we had a shipping issue that I thought we had resolved.

He left me neutral feedback even before I shipped his purchase. He called me a loser, a scumbag a caveman, a bozo and a pharisee in his feedback.

In personal emails, he has accused me of being convicted of statutory rape, being on a sex offender list and not being allowed within 500 feet of an elementary school. WTF?

He calls himself a Christian, but his actions speak otherwise.

Anyone else have a similar experience with this bad eBay actor?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Gunkslinger View Post
    Anyone here have any issues with Pastor Roy Robbins of Bad Moon Books?

I had a sale with him on eBay a few days ago and we had a shipping issue that I thought we had resolved.

He left me neutral feedback even before I shipped his purchase. He called me a loser, a scumbag a caveman, a bozo and a pharisee in his feedback.

In personal emails, he has accused me of being convicted of statutory rape, being on a sex offender list and not being allowed within 500 feet of an elementary school. WTF?

He calls himself a Christian, but his actions speak otherwise.

Anyone else have a similar experience with this bad eBay actor?

First off, welcome back to the forum that you effectively abandoned years ago. Now it seems you you need us to help you.
    If what he accused you of (serious accusations) is untrue, then he is clearly in the wrong. As to the actual facts of the deal, they remain unclear.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I've never had an issue with Roy. Every time we trade books he sends first even when I initiate contact. His ebay feedback is 100% at 20,003.

He is a bit of a straight shooter but he has always been reasonable and sometimes even generous in my dealings with him.

Gunslinger Apprentice Honvie is a jewel in the rough Honvie is a jewel in the rough Honvie is a jewel in the rough Honvie is a jewel in the rough

Country
    Country Flag

Similarly, I've purchased from Roy since 2010 and never had any unpleasant experiences. He was professional and reasonable with my requests/offers and long may it continue.

As Jerome mentioned, there are 2 sides to a coin... Hope by your posting it relieves some of your grievances. Take care.

The Lord of Skytop. Gunkslinger has a spectacular aura about Gunkslinger has a spectacular aura about Gunkslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the welcome back, back handed face slap reply, Jerome. I'm not looking for help, just some feedback from the community on whether others got the same treatment from Pastor Roy Robbins.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Years ago I bought and sold a couple things with him, and it all went well - but he was on 10 all the time. So it was good, you're the best customer ever, you saved the company, you're an amazing human being, etc.

I had an exchange with another seller who had a bad experience with him that, without knowing right or wrong, seems similar in vibe to yours - something went wrong and it went 180 degrees the other way.

Special Projects Manager mmalling is a jewel in the rough mmalling is a jewel in the rough mmalling is a jewel in the rough mmalling's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Bought many times from Roy, always an honest and friendly person.
    ISO:
    - LSOE AE Remarque
    - Signed Everything's Eventual US 1st
    - Other Dark Tower Remarques

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Never bought anything from him
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Gunslinger Apprentice JasonUK is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Happy

He caused some controversy in the horror community about 15 years ago with some seriously homophobic comments.

Some of the details are here.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by JasonUK View Post
    He caused some controversy in the horror community about 15 years ago with some seriously homophobic comments.

Some of the details are here.
    I won't comment more than to say that I have heard some stories where Roy the Paster is NOT very Paster like...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

NVM, just read the above post, did not see the link before

Special Projects Manager mmalling is a jewel in the rough mmalling is a jewel in the rough mmalling is a jewel in the rough mmalling's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    I had nothing but good experiences until I found out he hates queers just now so fuck him. wtf is wrong with people
    Are you basing this conclusion on proof or a blog post from 15 years ago?
    ISO:
    - LSOE AE Remarque

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

I went and checked his Twitter account. His last post is mocking Poppy Z. Brite's transition to Billy Martin. I got my answer.

Country
    Country Flag

I went and checked his Twitter account. His last post is mocking Poppy Z. Brite's transition to Billy Martin. I got my answer.
    Glad you looked into it, I read the old blog post as well and it was vague at best. Sad to hear people can't get over themselves (homophobia)
    ISO:
    - LSOE AE Remarque

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mmalling View Post
    Glad you looked into it, I read the old blog post as well and it was vague at best. Sad to hear people can't get over themselves (homophobia)
    Sometimes, (fortunately often) people's opinions and values change for the better over the course of a decade or two.

I know that for myself, over the last 4 decades, my values and toleration for people of different values have evolved (I like to think for the better). Though I was never really homophobic, as a young teen I was a bit racist, and clearly now see that stance was illogical, and not compassionate.

His Twitter pic is Jesus and I bought a book from him about guys that drill holes in women's heads and have sex with their brains (Header - Ed Lee, Splatterpunk). Now what this says about me is one thing but my avatar ain't Jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Sometimes, (fortunately often) people's opinions and values change for the better over the course of a decade or two.

I know that for myself, over the last 4 decades, my values and toleration for people of different values have evolved (I like to think for the better). Though I was never really homophobic, as a young teen I was a bit racist, and clearly now see that stance was illogical, and not compassionate.
    My oldest sister who I loved dearly is the biggest racist now and it breaks my heart. In SC, just about every white person is racist, it is just to what level, it's that messed up here

EDIT: She's the one that had the SK collection when I was a kid and now....

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I was born in Alabama, in a county that was extremely racist and homophobic. My Mother took my brother and myself away at a pre-teen age. We moved to California. When I went to my grandmother's funeral back in Alabama I was ~13 years old. That's when I had a small epiphany (Is a small epiphany even possible?). I had long hair, and everywhere I went adult men teased and confronted me about me resembling a "girl". In California long hair on boys wasn't a big deal-in fact that's what all the young teenage girls where attracted to. That's when I realized how ignorant their (local people) ideas were very screwed up.
    It also showed me the terrible racism that was overt in all aspects of their society.

I never returned to Alabama, and that funeral was the catalyst for my epiphany. I returned to California a much more enlightened and tolerant young man.

Gunslinger Apprentice Honvie is a jewel in the rough Honvie is a jewel in the rough Honvie is a jewel in the rough Honvie is a jewel in the rough

Country
    Country Flag

Generally societal and familial values shape people's minds and beliefs, which is all fine, wherever these people are, as long as they don't manifest into outright hate speeches and actions. If Roy is guilty of such, then he should really take down his avatar and replace with a particular red cap. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Honvie View Post
    Generally societal and familial values shape people's minds and beliefs, which is all fine, wherever these people are, as long as they don't manifest into outright hate speeches and actions. If Roy is guilty of such, then he should really take down his avatar and replace with a particular red cap. Just saying.
    That very WASPy Jesus avatar is perfect

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I was born in Alabama, in a county that was extremely racist and homophobic. My Mother took my brother and myself away at a pre-teen age. We moved to California. When I went to my grandmother's funeral back in Alabama I was ~13 years old. That's when I had a small epiphany (Is a small epiphany even possible?). I had long hair, and everywhere I went adult men teased and confronted me about me resembling a "girl". In California long hair on boys wasn't a big deal-in fact that's what all the young teenage girls where attracted to. That's when I realized how ignorant their (local people) ideas were very screwed up.
    It also showed me the terrible racism that was overt in all aspects of their society.

I never returned to Alabama, and that funeral was the catalyst for my epiphany. I returned to California a much more enlightened and tolerant young man.
    We had the metalheads in school and being super gay, I thought cool I can grow my hair long and still listen to awesome music and read bitching King novels but by the time I graduated, I think pretty much everyone knew.
    My father was such a racist man that if he and my mom were eating in a restaurant and a "mixed" couple came in, he would get up and leave and wait for my mom to follow. His favorite place to go for a while was Ol' Country Buffet. The owner loved him. See most people loved Daddy, that's what I called him when he died so it's hard to shake but everyone loved him because he was charming so the owner loved him and wanted to show him his new grandbaby daughter. He walks out holding a Black baby and after he goes back in the kitchen, my father gets up and never went back to Ol' Country Buffet Again. The racism is REAL and it is deep and it is fucking insane.

I hated that my father was like that. I had long talks about it with him. He believed in God and I used God's reasoning to at the very least get him to stop referring to Black folks as the N word just in my presence. I counted that a big win but I knew he never would accept the gay thing. I knew I was a goner once that was found out but then he died before I could tell him. My brother threatened to kill me over it and died in a crash a few days later but that was years down the road.

Just to add a little more, my niece was solely with Black guys and has a lovely biracial child. Her father and that entire side of the family disowned her.