Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2023 Dark Tower Football Pick Contest - Come Reap

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats to the week 10 winner Randall Flagg (10-4)!

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I didn't get the MNF win, but congrats to the week 11 winner Me (NeedfulKings) (11-3)!

Country
    Country Flag

Great week of football (and Turkey!). Congrats to the week 12 winner Spencer (13-3)!

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I didn't pick a single afternoon or evening game right on Sunday and am still somehow tied for the lead.

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, the later games did a lot of folks in. Congrats to the week 13 winner ajw2910 (10-3)!

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Ugh, I finally stopped being a homer and picked against the Bengals last 2 weeks without Burrow. Didn't see that Browning performance coming. Was going to pick against them rest of the way, but now have to think about it.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    I didn't pick a single afternoon or evening game right on Sunday and am still somehow tied for the lead.

I was confused by this for awhile. If you were on the East coast (or even Central time zone), that would mean you missed all the games on Sunday.
    Wanted:

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am in the central time zone so I consider the first set of games "noon" games.

Country
    Country Flag

I have nothing to lose, so winning week 14 makes sense. Congrats to ME (11-4)!

Country
    Country Flag

Big week! Congrats to the week 15 winners Randall Flagg, SkippyD023, Lurker, and gersto (12-4)!

Country
    Country Flag

2 weeks left to make your move! Congrats to the week 16 winner Garrell (12-4)!

Country
    Country Flag

Wow! Epic week for so many! Congrats to the week 17 winners RUBE, amd013, SkippyD023, Lurker, Divemaster, and Oxcy8 (12-4)!!!

Trophies are in reach for many of our players. Make your move!

Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations to the 2023 NFL Pick'em trophy winners!

First Place
    RUBE

Second Place (tie)
    amd013

Second Place (tie)
    Randall Flagg

Third Place
    SkippyD023

Last Place Winner
    BedOfRoses

Gunslinger Apprentice SkippyD023 is on a distinguished road SkippyD023's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats everyone! Another fun and very close contest.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Had a great time this year. Yes, as mentioned it was a close one all the way to the end.

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats!
    Looking for FAB8 CD Number 439

Gunslinger Apprentice BedOfRoses will become famous soon enough BedOfRoses's Avatar

Congrats everyone!
    The rose speaks of love silently, in a language known only to the heart.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats all…now back to CFP
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Country
    Country Flag

Whoop! Here I thought I was cursed to always get third.

Congratulations to the other winners!

Demon of the Prim east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice

Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations winners!! Another fun year!
    Now let’s go LIONS 🦁🏈!!

Citizen of Gilead ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats to the winners!!
    WANTED:
    Any DT S/L’s #181

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, my team didn't make the playoffs, so I am rooting for the teams that have never won a SB, so rooting for Lions, Bills, Texans in that order.

What about you? Anybody rooting for a team they are not a fan of (primarily).
    Wanted:

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm hoping the Lions do well.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'll watch every game possible of "my team" during the regular season no matter how much they suck. I'm a CUBS fan, and they have had some really really bad seasons. But I still pay for the MLB pass to stream all the games. Prior to that, I'd watch them on the WGN cable every day possible.

However, once the playoffs start (any sport) and my team is not in it? The sport is dead to me for the duration of the playoffs. My NFL team is the Cowboys. So I have no interest in the remaining NFL playoffs this year. I have no urge to watch anything further, including the Superbowl. I guess if I had a sentimental reason, like rooting for Joe Burrow (LSU!) at Cincinnati, and they were in it, I might watch. But ask me who won the Superbowl last year? Kansas City? Just a guess. The World Series? I'd have to look it up. It wasn;t the Cubs, so no idea.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Well, my team didn't make the playoffs, so I am rooting for the teams that have never won a SB, so rooting for Lions, Bills, Texans in that order.

What about you? Anybody rooting for a team they are not a fan of (primarily).
    Was it back in the late 80s that the Bills went 3 or 4 times and always came up short? Brutal!

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I'm hoping the Lions do well.
    My mother-in-law is a Detroit native, so that would be just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    I'll watch every game possible of "my team" during the regular season no matter how much they suck. I'm a CUBS fan, and they have had some really really bad seasons. But I still pay for the MLB pass to stream all the games. Prior to that, I'd watch them on the WGN cable every day possible.

However, once the playoffs start (any sport) and my team is not in it? The sport is dead to me for the duration of the playoffs. My NFL team is the Cowboys. So I have no interest in the remaining NFL playoffs this year. I have no urge to watch anything further, including the Superbowl. I guess if I had a sentimental reason, like rooting for Joe Burrow (LSU!) at Cincinnati, and they were in it, I might watch. But ask me who won the Superbowl last year? Kansas City? Just a guess. The World Series? I'd have to look it up. It wasn;t the Cubs, so no idea.
    We usually find a reason to root for (or against) a team in the playoffs. The Super Bowl is always about the food, drink, and commercials. Sometimes the halftime show. And yes, "sometimes" it's about the game, lol.

My memory sucks, so if I almost always have to google last year's winner in any sport.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2