Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

Thread: Why is getting rid of your best gun man a good plot for a movie? [spoilers welcome]

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Default Why is getting rid of your best gun man a good plot for a movie? [spoilers welcome]

After watching the Bourne movies, Shooter (with Marky Mark), and Hitman, I am trying to figure out why all the plots are almost the same, and with the plot, why do the "bosses" feel that it's a good idea to have their BEST of the BEST set up or assassinated?

The Tardis (Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space) duh!

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Because they get too good, and are likely to turn on their 'masters'? I really don't know. It doesn't make sense to me.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I think its like a really good dog you have that bites a neighbor. You don't want to put it down but you pretty much have to at that point.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

I'd rather get rid of the neighbor.

since the only movies of these that I've seen are the Bourne ones (awesome movies), I can't comment on the rest.

But Bourne was hit-listed because he fucked up. He didn't complete a mission, which resulted in the problem getting bigger. When he didn't check in, and started going back around they thought he might have been turned.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, I would think what they want to do and what they have to do are two different things.

As is often the case.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I love the movies when the bad guy gets angry and takes out his second in command. Vader did this several times. It was most beneficial for the awesome Admiral Piette who sadly, met his demise on the Executioner
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Bourne is totally different.

Jason Bourne was basically a million dollar asset that malfunctioned. In order to dispose of the problem, it was ordered that Jason Bourne be killed.

They didn't want a multimillion dollar, highly trained machine walking around full of secrets trying to kill them. It turns out they had good reason to try to kill Jason Bourne.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, killing Jason Bourne was also a good idea because of his information implicated the American government in some very harsh stuff. It's a good way to protect their own asses but it's not a good reason for killing him lol. They were trying to kill him after he forgot everything and if they'd just left him alone he probably would've been a ok.

Gunslinger Apprentice devo133 is on a distinguished road devo133's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Well, killing Jason Bourne was also a good idea because of his information implicated the American government in some very harsh stuff. It's a good way to protect their own asses but it's not a good reason for killing him lol. They were trying to kill him after he forgot everything and if they'd just left him alone he probably would've been a ok.
    Sometimes people get their memory back.

Also similar plot in Kill Bill. But Bill was a crazy mofo. And he was jilted. Crazy people do crazy things especially when love gets thrown into the equation.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Often repressed memories or amnesia need some kind of trigger. It was him feeling threatened and his defense instincts coming out that snowballed into an avalanche of memories and the more he involved himself the more he remembered.

Not saying he wouldn't have recalled one day but them stepping in sure pushed him into it.