Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Which non-DT King book have you read the most?

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Number of times R_of_G? Any idea?
    That is what I am curious about.

Palaver Castle Chef mia/susannah is on a distinguished road mia/susannah's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

:rose:

Here is my list to the best of my memory.
    The Stand--2-3 times
    Carrie--2 times
    The Dead Zone--2 times
    Cujo--1
    pet semetary--2 times
    Needful things--1
    Night Shift--1 and half, still reading for the second time
    Skeleton Crew--1
    Different Seasons-- have yet to finish all

The Shining is the one that I have read the most. 3-4 times, watched the movie several times

Citizen of Gilead ATG is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

4, I think.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

I've read The Dead Zone, The Talisman, Eyes of The Dragon, and Desperation quite a few times.

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

I am home now, and looking at my SK books, I also have
    Pet Sematary, read 2x , and Danse Macabre, never finished.
    Also there are pb copies of The Running Man, Roadwork, &
    The Mist. Pretty good list before from memory tho'.

Along with Sai Kings books sharing that section of
    shelves are Robin Furths concordance 1 + complete,
    and Bev Vincents Road to DT.

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MonteGss View Post
    And how many times have you read it John?
    I've actually lost count! I just know that when the pages started falling out of the book, I went out and bought a new one!

John

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Insomnia
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

You amaze me guys... to read a book 20 times. That's something. Whenever I reread a book there is a little voice in the background advising that I should read something new because there are so many good books out there... but thank God that little voice shuts up quite quickly.

There are some books I have read 5 times or so but they are not from King.

Roland would have understood.

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Number of times R_of_G? Any idea?
    That is what I am curious about.
    prob around 9 or 10

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
    You amaze me guys... to read a book 20 times. That's something. Whenever I reread a book there is a little voice in the background advising that I should read something new because there are so many good books out there... but thank God that little voice shuts up quite quickly.

there's lots of books I've read 20 times or more, but I didn't learn English early enough to have read any King book such a lot of times. It's five or six times for It, three or four for The Stand, and at least two for any other King novel I've managed to get (except those I've listed elsewhere as my least favorite ones, like The Eyes or Lisey's Story). Those figures will grow as I grow older...

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Citizen of Gilead blackrose22 is on a distinguished road blackrose22's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Stand maybe about 6 times and IT over a dozen times.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Damn.
    Maybe I have too many books and too little time to wear a book out from that many times rereading.
    Maybe, but I have over a thousand books, have read probably 90% of them, and still keep going back to King books. I haven't really worn out a King book, but I am VERY careful with them.

I thought 7 times was a lot for a book.
    It is.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post

Well, I'm always reading new books too. At any given time I might be reading as many as twenty books at once. Usually at least one or two are by King.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

20 @ a time?
    I like my books, like I
    like my men,
    1 at a time !!

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

If you rescue me

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

I've read the Talisman 3 or 4 times.

I've read IT 3 or 4 times.

I've read Different Seasons 3 or 4 times.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post
    Insomnia
    Wow, I wouldn't have guess that. Do you know how many times you've read it?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Well, I'm always reading new books too. At any given time I might be reading as many as twenty books at once. Usually at least one or two are by King.
    I do sometimes have two going at once but not very often. If I were to count audios (which i really don't), I would have three going at once occasionally. Mostly though, I am reading one and listening to one on my commute.

I admire your dedication to reading Brice...20 at once! How can you keep storylines straight?

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

I do sometimes have two going at once but not very often. If I were to count audios (which i really don't), I would have three going at once occasionally. Mostly though, I am reading one and listening to one on my commute.

I admire your dedication to reading Brice...20 at once! How can you keep storylines straight?
    I'm usually reading about 4 or 5 books at a time.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post
    Insomnia
    Wow, I wouldn't have guess that. Do you know how many times you've read it?
    Somewhere around 17 times.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Simple...I can't. Well, of course that's not true. Within a couple pages of picking a book back up it comes back to me what was going on. I usually don't read quite that many at once these days (since the internet has swallowed my soul), but anyway I've just always read alot...everything I could get my hands on.

If you rescue me

(since the internet has swallowed my soul).
    No, that was me. I spit it back out because it tasted like shit.

Otter of the Prim cozener will become famous soon enough cozener will become famous soon enough cozener's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

If the Dark Tower is being judged as one book and I stood it up against Salem's Lot and The Stand they beat The Dark Tower. But still, DT remains King's lulling green flame, drawing me like a cat watching the flame that cooks the witch's brew. A fantastic flame that drew me in and still keeps me in King's universe.

But I have a hard time choosing between Salem's Lot and The Stand. They're both great books. I've always loved gothic horror and Salem's Lot is my favorite vampire story to date. But The Stand is my favorite apocalyptic yarn. The buildup, action, and drama are totally different but just as enjoyable as the other. They're neck and neck. If someone who simply had to know for reasons of national security waterboarded me for an answer I'd pick Salem's Lot completely on the grounds of seniority.

Quote Originally Posted by Cozener View Post
    If the Dark Tower is being judged as one book and I stood it up against Salem's Lot and The Stand they beat The Dark Tower. But still, DT remains King's lulling green flame, drawing me like a cat watching the flame that cooks the witch's brew. A fantastic flame that drew me in and still keeps me in King's universe.

But I have a hard time choosing between Salem's Lot and The Stand. They're both great books. I've always loved gothic horror and Salem's Lot is my favorite vampire story to date. But The Stand is my favorite apocalyptic yarn. The buildup, action, and drama are totally different but just as enjoyable as the other. They're neck and neck. If someone who simply had to know for reasons of national security waterboarded me for an answer I'd pick Salem's Lot completely on the grounds of seniority.
    I hate you.

Otter of the Prim cozener will become famous soon enough cozener will become famous soon enough cozener's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast