Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Which non-DT King book have you read the most?

Gunslinger Apprentice Groomp will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

I've re-read Dolores Claiborne about 6 or 7 times, it's one of my favorites.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    shit!!! who the fuck resurrected this thread?! I want to read new books!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok, I can compromise... I can, for example, reread one King after each 10 new books... no, five... no... three... no...
    Go re-read, 11/22/63!! Maybe you'll appreciate it this time round!! LOL
    I would, if I expected to live forever.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

1.Desperation
    2.The Dead Zone
    3.The Talisman

Traveler SirJohn is on a distinguished road SirJohn's Avatar

Well, I read The Shining roughly 35 years ago... and have read it at least 20-25 times over the years. Back when I was in high school, I read constantly. When I was a young adult, I had a job that required nearly two and a half hours a day on a bus. I read the entire time on the bus. If I do not have a new book to read, I simply grab something from my collection and re-read it. I have read many of my King books a TON of times. IT is my favorite... I think I have read it about a dozen times, maybe a few more than that. Eyes of The Dragon I've read many a time, as well as Pet Semetary. I suppose it helps that I am also a rather quick reader. Granted, the re-reading happened far more often when I was younger and had more time on my hands (and less things in my head to worry about... responsibilities and whatnot). I have been out of my King loop for a bit, unless you count the graphic novels. If I were to pick up a classic again, I think I would probably read something along the line of Salems Lot, or The Stand... neither of which I have read in the last twenty years or so.

Speaking of 'The Stand'... I absolutely love the made for television adaptation. It was very entertaining.

-SJ
    Dark Surrealism by Me:

http://4-john-alexander.artistwebsites.com/

Buy my art... hang it on your walls!

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I have read The Stand - both versions, repeatedly. Due to drug use in youth and middle age, I do no hold facts as I should.

But it is my clear favorite.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Gunslinger Apprentice mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman's Avatar

My Mood
    Angry
    Country
    Country Flag

At this point, it's probably Salem's Lot, The Shining, and Duma Key. I've also done Cell many a time as well.

Traveler SirJohn is on a distinguished road SirJohn's Avatar

Cool av Jon... glad to find another who is South of Heaven too.
    Dark Surrealism by Me:

http://4-john-alexander.artistwebsites.com/

Buy my art... hang it on your walls!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I re-read, Black House, quite often. It is one of my favorites and so freaking twisted it just calls to me. It also kind of confounds me in that it is obviously a TDT related book, but so little is referred to in the actual series. That has always stuck in my craw, so to speak.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    I re-read, Black House, quite often.

Do the words change? Or just the pictures?

LOL. I cannot blame you, Bill A GREAT book! Certainly a top 5 for me!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Gunslinger Apprentice Deaf&Dumb will become famous soon enough Deaf&Dumb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've only recently(2012ish) started to read any King books, but so far have read The Stand(Complete & Uncut) 3 or 4 times. With It coming in next with probably 3 reads.

Along the Path of the Beam Jacqui will become famous soon enough Jacqui will become famous soon enough Jacqui's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hmm...the first SK book I read was It, when I was about fourteen. One English teacher told me off for reading it in "free reading" English lessons, saying it was not suitable for my age group, my other, regular teacher (the first was covering the lesson) said that it was good that I was "widening my reading base", whatever that means...

Anyway, that's the one I've read the most, with The Talisman a close second. Of the newer books, few of which I like as much as the older books, I have read 11/22/63 quite a few times for the length of time I've owned it.

Gunslinger Apprentice Bunyip will become famous soon enough Bunyip will become famous soon enough Bunyip's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've read IT probably 6-7 times, The Stand 4 times...Deadzone over a dozen times, Misery 4 times, Christine 4 times....books like Shining,Salems and 11/22/63 all 3 times. I think I've read most of his earlier titles 2-3 times, a couple of years apart. Some of his newer stuff I have no desire to read again. This may change in time. A few of them left me a little bit cold, and don't compare to the fever I got from the earlier stuff. Maybe nostalgia, but it's also a pretty high bar he set himself, I guess every book,can't be a classic. But yeah, I gladly re read old books several times over, no different than listening to a favourite song, or watching your favourite movie for the 50th time...a bit more time consuming, but very rewarding.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Eyes of the Dragon - once for myself, once for my two daughters, and once each year for my freshmen, so with twenty years of teaching that makes it 22 readings. I just started it this week with my freshmen. They love it.

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    Eyes of the Dragon - once for myself, once for my two daughters, and once each year for my freshmen, so with twenty years of teaching that makes it 22 readings. I just started it this week with my freshmen. They love it.
    That's a teacher I wish I had in school!

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    Wow, your students are really lucky with you. : ) And can this book say something new to you after 22 readings?

Roland would have understood.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Love this read.

The only one I've read more than once is The Shining. Read that one twice.

I don't reread a lot of books (I have read some of Thomas Harris' books more than a few times and American Psycho and Blood Meridian each twice and Lolita three times (probably my favorite book)).

This thread makes me want to reread some of King's (and the handful I haven't read yet). If I had to pick one to reread right now it would definitely be It.

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

I've read IT a bunch of times, probably 5 or more.

For the hell of it, books I should read again? From a Buick 8 and Insomnia. I remember really liking both of those books the first time I read them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6