Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: StephenKing.com Discussion

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

How rude!

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Servant of Gan Aaron is on a distinguished road Aaron's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oh, and the "Under Construction" dealio is for a site that doesn't have the "the" in front. Both redirect to the same page. It is under construction at this time, but they are not a fan site and it actually has a link to US for those who want a fansite.

You can view darktower.com/darktower.net here.
    Heng Dai

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Sweet! Thanks Aaron, I'm glad I didn't ask about that yet.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Similar, yes. Rip-off? No.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm actually kind of surprised they linked to that.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Yeah, considering how lame of a little site it is.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Didja notice that thedarktowercompendium is not listed as an unofficial site! The guy that runs it was in SKEMERs and his site has migrated from a "get yer SK news here" site to a "buy yer SK stuff here" site! The site owner is a guy named Anthony and I do not think that his site gets updated a lot, but I do remember him getting some kind of endorsement from Stephen King a few years ago!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I did notice that.

I read all over the mans site, obviously its not a forum but more of an informational thing. I guess he was a huge deal back in the day. Has a book from SK personalized to him.

"Antman"

I suppose at some point, we may get to a place where we have that one beat because it hasn't been updated since July of last year.

But we are second on that list which is a pretty cool thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I did notice that.

I read all over the mans site, obviously its not a forum but more of an informational thing. I guess he was a huge deal in his own mind back in the day. Has a book from SK personalized to him.

"Antman"

I suppose at some point, we may get to a place where we have that one beat because it hasn't been updated since July of last year.

But we are second on that list which is a pretty cool thing.
    Fixed that for you.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Matthew--but he did have a DTVII personally sent to him by the man himself. Pretty high clout there I guess.

I was surprised too, believe me.

Yeah, because his was the first Flash-heavy Dark Tower fan-site. Jordan Lund's site was the first that I know of.

Actually, what am I saying? As far as I know, its the only Flash-heavy Dark Tower fan website that I know of.
    Anyway, I don't know what makes him special...maybe its the giant skull?

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

It draws a lot of attention for sure.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

The Antman used to be very active, then he got married. It seems that really, really slowed him down.

John

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Glad my wife is fully for it.

I think we will always have him beat hands down because our board is a community, and unique because of that.

Even the SKMB is closed on the weekend, we are open 24/7. We'll always have unique stuff for people to do that they can't get anywhere else.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Oh, and the "Under Construction" dealio is for a site that doesn't have the "the" in front. Both redirect to the same page. It is under construction at this time, but they are not a fan site and it actually has a link to US for those who want a fansite.

You can view darktower.com/darktower.net here.
    That he was considerate enough to provide a link to this site is very cool. I like the guy already. Do we know if he is he a member here? I hope so.

Side note: This sort of thing is a big reason that I always use "TDT.com" for short-hand reference to this site. A lot of people use the short-hand "DT.com", but to the casual observer, that would refer them to a different site.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

AMC named the Dark Tower portion of King's website Site of the Week

Stephen King considers his Dark Tower series to be his master work, and its roots run through almost every other piece of fiction he's written. While fan sites are plentiful, King's own authoritative new site has been launched as a codex encapsulating the entire Dark Tower mythos, with all the attendant artwork, audiobook excerpts, and plot interconnections that a new or long-time reader could hope for -- and when all else fails, there's even a glossary to light your way.

Read more

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow! That's cool.

They totally deserve the honor.

Damn, Bev was faster on the post with that..I was all ready to post it. This "Wally World" thing is exciting. I agree with Matt, it deserves it. It is really well done. Very professional, user friendly and comprehensive.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

But they will never have [AUTOLINK]The King Collectibles Catalog[/AUTOLINK]

True. Matt, have any idea what the 'Wally World' thing is all about?

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I have no idea there--but Ms. Mod is groaning if its brought up.

Besides it being an "Dark Tower interactive experience"

Awwwww poor thing.

Along the Path of the Beam glm is on a distinguished road

Aww, I thought you said that Stephen King himself was getting a facelift.

glm is highly dissapointed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast