• Sam Elliot-Sam Houston-Gone to Texas

1 1.75%
  • Robert Duvall-Gus McCrae-Lonesome Dove

5 8.77%
  • Clint Eastwood-Josey Wales-The Outlaw Josey Wales

27 47.37%
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Western Movie Ever

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Default Best Western Movie Ever

Well, I figured wtf? It's time we discussed western movies.

If you're not a fan of westerns, you are missing out.

My favorites, in order.

1. Tombstone
    2. The Outlaw Josey Wales
    3. Unforgiven
    4. Young Guns
    5. Quick and the Dead
    6. Open Range
    7. Broken Trail
    8. Quigley Down Under
    9. Monte Walsh: The Last Cowboy
    10. Winchester '73

Anyone else here a western fan? Join the conversation.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

can one of you mods add this poll? My wife walked in, i got distracted for a few minutes () and then i was over my 3 minute limit.
    Attached Images
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Goldmember Míchéal is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBlaze View Post
    Well, I figured wtf? It's time we discussed western movies.

If you're not a fan of westerns, you are missing out.

My favorites, in order.

1. Tombstone
    2. The Outlaw Josey Wales
    3. Unforgiven
    4. Young Guns
    5. Quick and the Dead
    6. Open Range
    7. Broken Trail
    8. Quigley Down Under
    9. Monte Walsh: The Last Cowboy
    10. Winchester '73

Anyone else here a western fan? Join the conversation.
    I've fallen in love with westerns the past 6 months, unfortunately i'm only starting to build a collection, there's many i havn't seen.

My Mood
    Breezy

How's this. Take my top ten list, try to find them in your local videostore, and rent them.

You will enjoy them.

Country
    Country Flag

Are they all serious westerns? I hate stupid pisstakes. I saw Unforgiven a few days ago, amazing!

My Mood
    Breezy

what are pisstakes?

Some others i like but didn't make my top ten include The Man From Snowy River, and it's sequels, which are actually australian westerns.

You might enjoy those also.

Country
    Country Flag

pisstakes are spoofs

My Mood
    Breezy

of course not. All my westerns are manly movies.

Country
    Country Flag

booyeah...what did you think of High Plains Drifter?

My Mood
    Breezy

awesome! i love that movie. also one of my favorites. Have you seen Hang Em High?

Country
    Country Flag

no, this is what i mean,i only started recently,before then,for some reason i'd never watch a western.

One thing about High Plains Drifter, did you notice the town (Lago)looks like it was built yesterday? it's so dumb, they didn't even try to age it.Major flaw i imo,but the only flaw.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Tombstone is my favorite, followed closely by Pale Rider and then the Good, The Bad and The Ugly.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Country
    Country Flag

I love TGTBTU, and Fistful and Few More...

My Mood
    Breezy

clint eastwood just rocks.

Country
    Country Flag

clint eastwood just rocks.
    YAR!!!!

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

So does Kurt Russell Snake Plissken mother fucker!
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

My Mood
    Breezy

does anyone know anything about Metal Gear Solid? It's not a western, but I heard Sam Elliot is going to be Revolver Ocelot.

Country
    Country Flag

There's gonna be a MGS movie?

Otter of the Prim cozener will become famous soon enough cozener will become famous soon enough cozener's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

In no particular order...

The Outlaw Josey Wales
    Unforgiven
    The Tracker
    High Plains Drifter
    Good Bad and the Ugly
    Rio Lobo
    Fist Full of Dollars
    True Grit
    For a Few Dollars More
    Quick and the Dead
    Tombstone
    Wyatt Earp
    The Alamo
    Pale Rider
    The White Bufalo
    Hidalgo (I think this counts as a Western...maybe)
    Rio Bravo
    Ravenous (actually I think this is a horror movie but its set in the Old West)
    Dances With Wolves

You didn't say I had to limit it to ten...I figured 19 is a good place to stop, considering where I am I was actually surprised when I realized just how many Westerns I liked.

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Edited for verity.

1. The Proposition
    2. " " " "
    3. " " " "
    4. " " " "
    5. " " " "
    6. " " " "
    7. " " " "
    8. " " " "
    9. " " " "
    10. " " " "
    Also, Dances with Wolves-with the exception of that scene where Kevin Costner's commanding officer pisses on him-is gay as hell. Little Big Man kicks that movie's ass so hard it's not even funny.

Peaches Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn's Avatar

A tie between True Grit and The Cowboys

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

can one of you mods add this poll? My wife walked in, i got distracted for a few minutes () and then i was over my 3 minute limit.
    Don't agree with your selections, nor actor poll in a "Best Western" movie ever thread, but you asked, amd you shall receive.

Citizen of Gilead ATG is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

I cannot believe your poll did not include the sacred GBU trilogy that inspired the DT.

Shame.

My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by Cozener View Post
    In no particular order...

The Outlaw Josey Wales
    Unforgiven
    The Tracker
    High Plains Drifter
    Good Bad and the Ugly
    Rio Lobo
    Fist Full of Dollars
    True Grit
    For a Few Dollars More
    Quick and the Dead
    Tombstone
    Wyatt Earp
    The Alamo
    Pale Rider
    The White Bufalo
    Hidalgo (I think this counts as a Western...maybe)
    Rio Bravo
    Ravenous (actually I think this is a horror movie but its set in the Old West)
    Dances With Wolves

You didn't say I had to limit it to ten...I figured 19 is a good place to stop, considering where I am I was actually surprised when I realized just how many Westerns I liked.
    Oh, there is no requirement for you to even make a list. This is mostly a western movie fan thread.

I can't believe I didn't mention Dances with Wolves. I love this movie.

My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Don't agree with your selections, nor actor poll in a "Best Western" movie ever thread, but you asked, amd you shall receive.
    Well, they are some of my favorites. If I mentioned every western I like, we'd be here all day. There's alot more. But what I'm trying to do is incite conversation, which is why I posted MY favorites, and you post YOUR favorites, and we discuss.

For the Poll, i had alot in mind, but i felt like I had to narrow it down.

It's more like a, "out of THESE four, who did you think did best?" kind of poll. k?

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast