Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Recommended bookdealers

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Recommended bookdealers

Okay, we have the thread where we point out questionable sales (and thus sellers) on ebay. I thought maybe there should be a thread for letting people know who the best sellers are, both on and off ebay. So which do you buy from? Who do you recommend?

the list compiled from the posts below

stores
    Hutch- http://marketplaceadvisor.channeladv...spx?sfid=30007
    Bettsbooks-http://www.bettsbooks.com/
    Camelot Books - (Kim and Tony) Tampa Fla-http://www.camelotbooks.com/catalog/
    Badmoon Books - (Roy)-http://www.badmoonbooks.com/home.php...b6a0a3b3492464
    Barry Levin-http://www.raresf.com/bhome.html
    Lloyd Currey-http://www.lwcurrey.com/
    Strand bookstore -(NYC)-http://www.strandbooks.com/
    The Horror Mall-https://www.horror-mall.com/home.php...3794a198168cc5
    Books Etc-http://www.booksetc.net/
    Very Fine Books-http://www.veryfinebooks.com/Stephen...Books_s/76.htm
    Barnes & Noble-http://www.barnesandnoble.com/
    Amazon-http://www.amazon.com/
    Cemetary Dance-http://www.cemeterydance.com/
    Overlook Conection (dave)-http://www.overlookconnection.com/

ebay sellers

Mike Pasuik (pasiuk57)
    Greg (Shibus)
    Bailwickbooks
    tippy4
    maryuk
    Calla Wolf
    weathervane7
    Riverlintrader
    tinah3
    chaos consultants
    brentkpg
    tristanbooks
    Mulleins
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Who would you recommend...

Hutch
    Bettsbooks

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Mike Pasuik (pasiuk57)

John

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Camelot Books - (Kim and Tony) Tampa Fla
    Badmoon Books - Roy
    Barry Levin
    Lloyd Currey
    Hutch (mentioned)
    Bett's Bookstore - Stu (mentioned)
    Strand bookstore (NYC)
    Mike Pasiuk (mentioned)
    Other collectors here on the site

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Gunslinger Apprentice Calla_Wolf is on a distinguished road Calla_Wolf's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed

The Horror Mall

Palaver Castle Chef mia/susannah is on a distinguished road mia/susannah's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

:rose:

I order most of my books online through Barnes and Noble. I will visit the store itself once in a while but it is so far from me it is easier to just order online. Beside, I am to lazy to go out.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

The only problem I have with Barnes and Noble, Amazon, etc. is that you are never sure of the number printing you are getting--not important unless you want a first edition, first printing. To most collectors, this is important.

John

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Books Etc - they've got two locations in California. Great customer service and they are willing to work out a mutually beneficial deal with you.

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

We are forgetting Very Fine Books who has been supporting Lija's Library with many signed books in contests. Sometimes a little pricey but they don't sell anything that isn't in Fine condition. This is where I bought my The Stand Limited (I made an offer).
    Geoff

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Good point Geoff. And I would also offer up our own Greg (Shibus) as someone I trust in a sale. Wish he posted more often here.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I just bought two more books from Roy at Bad Moon Books in California. No problem with him. I totally recommend Dave Hutcheson and Greg Stanton also.

Citizen of Gilead shnnrc01 is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Bailwickbooks in the UK is a decent guy.

My Mood
    Buzzed

I'll put a vote in for tippy4

My Mood
    Buzzed

and maryuk

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

There's this guy--Calla Wolf--who's a good guy too!

John

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Calla_Wolf View Post
    I'll put a vote in for tippy4

Why thank you Ceri!

Sellers I know and trust:
    calla wolf (of course)
    badmoon Books
    shibus
    pasiuk57
    weathervane7
    Camelot Books
    Betts Books
    Riverlintrader
    tinah3
    chaos consultants
    And while I don't think I have ever done business with Hutch, I would have complete and total faith in anything he has for sale.

My Mood
    Buzzed

you make me blush

Here's another - brentkpg

Anyone want to consolidate the list into one? Or maybe pin it to the top somewhere - I think it would be useful, especially for newbies.

Tippy - one name in your list does make me hesitate...I know that tinah3 has offered questionable signatures (though she has stated in the auction that they're authenticity has been questioned)

Gunslinger Apprentice midnightrambler34 is on a distinguished road midnightrambler34's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    The only problem I have with Barnes and Noble, Amazon, etc. is that you are never sure of the number printing you are getting--not important unless you want a first edition, first printing. To most collectors, this is important.

John
    From my past experience with both of those stores is that if you pre-order the book you'll get a first edition/printing. However if the book has already been released, then your taking a chance. Also, I think its pretty much safe to assume that if you buy anything from one of the collectors here, you can be assured as to what you are getting is accurate and legit, and that comes from past experience as well.
    The ones we've lost are never really gone
    If we hold them in our hearts while we go on.

Dream as if you will live forever, Live as if you will die tomorrow.

Gunslinger Apprentice artan is on a distinguished road artan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone want to consolidate the list into one? Or maybe pin it to the top somewhere - I think it would be useful, especially for newbies.
    It's a wonderful idea...

...and could make sense try to do a "Top 10 (or 20) questionable bookdealers" ?

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by midnightrambler34 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post

John
    From my past experience with both of those stores is that if you pre-order the book you'll get a first edition/printing. However if the book has already been released, then your taking a chance. Also, I think its pretty much safe to assume that if you buy anything from one of the collectors here, you can be assured as to what you are getting is accurate and legit, and that comes from past experience as well.
    You're right about Amazon, etc. I pre-order all my UK King editions from Amazon UK and have always gotten a first/first. I should have qualified my initial comments.

And I agree also on the seller/collectors on this site. A great bunch of people!

John

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

It wasn't until I read this thread that I realized the number of different sellers I've purchased from. Many of them are now members of this site, including Hutch, Shibus and Tippy to name a few. I have complete faith in all of our longtime members.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Done, Ceri! I just added them to my initial post. I just added everyone mentioned. It'll have to be up to them to read the thread to find out about any that there might be disagreement about though. I'll do my best to keep the list updated.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post

Done, Ceri! I just added them to my initial post. I just added everyone mentioned. It'll have to be up to them to read the thread to find out about any that there might be disagreement about though. I'll do my best to keep the list updated.
    Just to be more of a pain, lol how about splitting up the on-line stores from the eBay accounts. I have a feeling newbies would have no idea which was a store or a person.
    Geoff

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Great idea, I am also wondering of you guys thing this whole thing should be an article in the catalog above?
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

My Mood
    Buzzed

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Great idea, I am also wondering of you guys thing this whole thing should be an article in the catalog above?
    I vote yes, though I guess I should declare an interest as I'm on the list...but I DO think it's a useful tool, especially for newcomers

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast