Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead - Image Comic's neverending nightmare

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

There are books and volumes, which consist of 12 and 6 issues, respectively. And of course, you can buy each issue seperately.

Gunslinger Apprentice Grillslinger is on a distinguished road Grillslinger's Avatar

So how many issues in is it?

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

38...39? I'm not sure, I'm not completely caught up with the series yet. I'm still on issue 31

Gunslinger Apprentice VolsToTheWall is on a distinguished road VolsToTheWall's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Issue #38 was just released this week. Kirkman said in the letter section at the back that issue #39 should release in two weeks (hopefully), and that we should expect monthly issues or better from then on.

Gunslinger Apprentice David is on a distinguished road David's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, he said he wanted to put out 18 issues this year alone. It's gonna have to be a bunch of bi-weekly releases to hit that number.

Gunslinger Apprentice VolsToTheWall is on a distinguished road VolsToTheWall's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Yeah, he said he wanted to put out 18 issues this year alone. It's gonna have to be a bunch of bi-weekly releases to hit that number.
    Sweet! Fine by me. I can handle bi-weekly.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Just ordered Vol. 6 from Amazon.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

So...i've read hardcover Books 1 and 2. I saw that Book 3 isn't going to be released for awhile and I need my Walking Dead fix. What is next for me to get? Is it trade paperback Volume 5? I seemed to have read that somewhere online.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I had the same problem

Now you need to pick up vol 5, and 6. Book 3 doesn't come out until November I think.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm going to the comic shop tonight.

I'm an addict and need help. I also got my sister to read them and she loved it. It's the first "comic" she's ever read in her entire life.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Hello, my name is Fernando and I'm addicted to comics.

[Hello Fernando!!!]

No but seriously, everytime I go to a comic shop I usually walk out with $50+ worth of stuff.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I'm going to the comic shop tonight.

I'm an addict and need help. I also got my sister to read them and she loved it. It's the first "comic" she's ever read in her entire life.
    Did you pick up TPBs 5 and 6? And did you get issues 37 and 38 to get fully up to date?

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

I have still not read issue 38. I am starting to twitch a little.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Country
    Country Flag

38 has yet another badass cliffhanger.

Oh, and Image just announced that TPB issue #7 will be released in September, so Kirkman isn't kidding about wanting to get these rolling out quicker. We'll see. These guys seem to rarely stick to the schedule they set with the publishers. Plus, with him also working on Invincible and the newly launched Astonishing Wolfman, it seems like he's not going to be getting much sleep for awhile.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Did you pick up TPBs 5 and 6? And did you get issues 37 and 38 to get fully up to date?
    I did! I am now completely caught up! What a freaking awesome story.

Spoiler:
    I almost crapped myself when they returned from Woodbury and the whole prison was overrun with zombies again.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

#38 was kind of slow and disappointing to me, the first issue of the series that didn't feel like it went anywhere.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Have you all been reading the letters in the back of the issues?

Spoiler:
    I can't believe the people who got off to Michonne's rape.

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    Spoiler:
    Have you all been reading the letters in the back of the issues? I can't believe the people who got off to Michonne's rape.
    I was originally reading most of them, but have sort of dropped off on it. Giving what you just said, I am kind of glad that I haven't been. It's no wonder Kirkman has went all J. D. Salinger and moved back in the boonies.

Gunslinger Apprentice Grillslinger is on a distinguished road Grillslinger's Avatar

Please use spoiler alerts, folks. Especially on a story this long....where it's easier not to be caught up.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Ooops, sorry Grillslinger. I've edited my original post. Maybe a facilitator of this area can edit spoiler tags into the other quotes.

I edited mine

Country
    Country Flag

Some of those letters have got to be people joking around.

At least, I hope so.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm thinking of picking up vol. 6 on tonight, along with the DT 6 and the latest Marvel Zombies vs Army or Darkness.

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

I was thinking I'd just wait on these until I could pick up vol. 3 of the hardcover deal. How far behind will I be if I wait until it comes out in November?
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

Thanks for editing the posts, guys!
    I appreciate it.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast