Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 31 of 43 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 ... LastLast

Thread: TheDarkTower.org Welcomes its new members--**Please post**

Public enemy number 1 Sickrose is on a distinguished road Sickrose's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hi,

I have been toying with signing up to this forum for a while now. It has been driving me mad that I cannot discuss DT with anyone because I don't know anyone else who has read it!! I have been trying though!

I look forward to meeting you all.

Palaver Castle Chef mia/susannah is on a distinguished road mia/susannah's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome Sickrose and all new members!!!!!!!!

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I want to step up and give a HUGE welcome to the one and only artist extraordinare, Mr. Richard Isanove, of Marvel fame! He has just posted for the first time in the comics area.

We are honored by your presence here! WELCOME

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome Richard. I saw your name down there and got your sign on all set up for full access.

I really appreciate you signing our grand prize last year for the fund raiser.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Along the Path of the Beam RoseMadder is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Hi, am Amy, I am a constant reader and I recently realized that I am kind of a book pusher..that's right. I gathered this, because well you know how some people say they are matchmakers, with people? Well I am like that with books for people. I am happy to say I have gotten at least 5 non-recreational readers to not only read all 7 books, but to freaking heart them as much as I do. So, I am a book pusher, Yep. On a brief side note, I had no idea this site existed, I have been to SK's site many times but have never checked out the links but had a happy misclick. It is like a wheel huh?

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Welcome Amy!

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Along the Path of the Beam Spaceman Spiff is on a distinguished road Spaceman Spiff's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hi, all.

I'm a newbie and I already made an introductory post over in the "Introduce Yourself" thread, but just found this thread and thought I'd say hello here, too.

(If I'd found this thread first, I wouldn't have asked my newbie question of why I couldn't add a Signature file yet. This thread clearly explains the 5-post requirement. Duh. But alinda was kind and helped me out! )

Glad to be a member!
    Thanks,
    John
    My Stephen King collection
    Last edited by Spaceman Spiff; 10-15-2009 at 12:24 PM. Reason: Added manual Signature

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Hey John - Welcome to the site !! And way to jump right in - and look at you imbedding links already!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Along the Path of the Beam Spaceman Spiff is on a distinguished road Spaceman Spiff's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    Hey John - Welcome to the site !! And way to jump right in - and look at you imbedding links already!
    Thanks, turtlex!
    (Yeah, I've been a member of other message boards using the same code, so I'm already familiar with the basic functions).

I made an earlier post in the "Collecting Questions" thread and it gave me some kind of "Your post will not show up until it has been reviewed" message. So I'm assuming my post there will show up later sometime....

Sorry for the dumb newbie stuff.
    Thanks again,
    John
    My Stephen King collection
    Last edited by Spaceman Spiff; 10-15-2009 at 12:26 PM. Reason: Revised to omit Signature question; problem resolved. Also: added manual Signature.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

We have a very aggressive SPAM blocker on the site that sometimes catches new members in its clutches spaceman. It is rare but it does happen, once you get over 10 posts, it won't evaluate yours anymore.

Thanks for being patient with it.

My Mood
    Gay

Hey John - I see Matt responded to your note about the earlier post.

No such thing as "newbie" stuff, btw - we all had questions, especially when we first joined here. Ask away, we'll be happy to help and point you in the right direction.

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Matt & Kate!

I appreciate the friendliness here!

Kate, seeing as you said to ask away with the questions, I do have one more....

Now that I've created a Signature, I don't see it displaying on any of my former messages. I'm wondering if it will only show up on future messages, going forward...? I've been in other message boards similar to this one where as soon as you make any changes to your saved Signature it automatically propagates to all previous messages that you've posted.

I guess I'll know as soon as I post this message, huh? LOL. So anyway, if you see a signature at the end of this message, consider my question answered. If there's no signature, however, my best guess would be that I have to make a certain number of posts before the Signature will appear (even though it already let me create it in my profile), like Matt mentioned above regarding the new-message evaluations....

Thanks again.

P.S. Yay, the Signature posted!
    Last edited by Spaceman Spiff; 10-15-2009 at 12:02 PM. Reason: Added P.S.
    John
    (To see my Stephen King collection: click here).

My Mood
    Gay

Looks like your question is answered. Your sig will change everywhere whenever you change it - past and current posts!

FYI : Though I wish I were Kate Kane ( batwoman ) feel free to call me Pam... it's my non-secret identity.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Actually, I think it only changes the sig going forward in the case that you did not have one. If you change it, it changes on all your posts past and present but when it is first added, the posts before the add don't show it.

Kind of weird, I know. And, I could be wrong but I think that is right.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    Looks like your question is answered. Your sig will change everywhere whenever you change it - past and current posts!

FYI : Though I wish I were Kate Kane ( batwoman ) feel free to call me Pam... it's my non-secret identity.
    Oops! Sorry, Pam. I'm giving away my ignorance of the comic realm!

Yeah, I noticed after the last post when I went back and took out an extra space from my Signature it corrected it in my most recent post, too. But...it did not add it to my other 8 previous posts which didn't have a Signature at all. So I guess the propagation only pertains to those posts which were sent after the Signature was initially created.

Thanks again!
    John

My Mood
    Gay

Oh, yeah, looks right, Matt.

Sorry about that, John. Just listen to Matt !!

Past and present from when you first get a sig.

( and hey no apologies... I'd love to be Kate Kane... it was a compliment, believe me )

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks again, Matt & Pam.
    Matt is exactly correct.
    I went back and edited my previous posts to manually add the Signature below my name.
    :-)
    John

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome!!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Cowboy from Hell Myste is on a distinguished road Myste's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome welcome!!

“The devil's voice is sweet to hear.”
    -SK.

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Jon & Myste!!
    John

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome new friends.
    Enjoy the site.

Roland would have understood.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

WELCOME!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks!!
    John

Traveler OyOySaveloy! is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Hello everybody peeps! I'm new to the forum and looking forward to much philosophical conversation with like-minded people!

Page 31 of 43 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 ... LastLast