10 35.71%
  • Raising Arizona

12 42.86%
  • Near Dark

5 17.86%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Great Movie Tournament - 1980s: Round 2 - Group 6 of 32

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default The Great Movie Tournament - 1980s: Round 2 - Group 6 of 32

During the second round of The Great Movie Tournament, please vote for up to four films you would like to move onto the next round. The top four films will be moving on. Keep in mind that the percentage of the vote a given film receives will determine its standing going forward.

The poll will run for seven days. Discussion is greatly encouraged!

The nominees are (please let me know if any video doesn't play for you):

The Empire Strikes Back (1980)
    Directed by Irvin Kershner

Watch Trailer

The Naked Gun (1988)
    Directed by David Zucker

Watch Trailer

Major League (1989)
    Directed by David S. Ward

Watch Trailer

Romancing the Stone (1984)
    Directed by Robert Zemeckis

Watch Trailer

Raising Arizona (1987)
    Directed by Joel Coen

Watch Trailer

Near Dark (1987)
    Directed by Kathryn Bigelow

Watch Trailer

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

You know I think I clicked too soon. Can you add a vote for Romancing the Stone.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    You know I think I clicked too soon. Can you add a vote for Romancing the Stone.
    Done!

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Naked Gun
    Major League
    Raising Arizona
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Country
    Country Flag

Near Dark should have more votes but I doubt it gets over the more popular movies here. Weird, since it's a horror movie.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This is the only grouping so far that I could easily vote for all 6. It was tough leaving 2 out.

Country
    Country Flag

The poll has closed. The following four titles are moving on to the next round:
    1. The Empire Strikes Back (85.71%)
    2. The Naked Gun (64.29%)
    3. Major League (42.86%)
    4. Raising Arizona (42.86%)

And the following two titles have been eliminated:
    1. Romancing the Stone (35.71%)
    2. Near Dark (17.86%)

+ Reply to Thread