Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Contest #7 - Horn of Eld

a ghost? a ghost. Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead

Thanks, guys. It was fun to do, it's been a while since I've drawn anything and been the least bit happy with it.
    you're solid gold // i'll see you in hell

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice job, Rjeso!

I agree with Matt. This is going to be tough!

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Wowsers! Great work such talent.

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rjeso View Post
    Well, I couldn't find my installation disc for my printer/scanner, so I had to take a photo and upload it.

I chose red and gold because though Arthur was the White King, he was also the Pendragon, and the Pendragon's colors are such.
    sooo good
    wow

Roland would have understood.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

i changed my mind about joining in, mine sucks balls.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

a ghost? a ghost. Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead

Dammit, I wanted to see it.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

well I can't draw worth a damn, and I used gimp and couldn't figure out how the fuck it works. Gimp sucks peter.

anyways, I did this with paint and some stock internet things which I combined and changed around.

"So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

That's awesome

My Mood
    Breezy

anyways, when I thought of the horn of Eld I saw it in my mind as above, a low-man looking in the window of a seedy looking pawn shop. If I had any skills whatsoever, or unlimited time, I might do it justice, but as it is I cannot.

IF HOWEVER, ANYONE OUT THERE WANTS TO STEAL MY IDEA AND DRAW IT BY HAND, AND DO IT JUSTICE, I would totally appreciate it.

My Mood
    Dead

Dude, I love your Low Man. Frickin' awesome, yo!

As for Gimp - I've got it too and can't do a damn thing with it. *shrug* Letti does really nice work with it, though, and I really don't know how to work any of those graphics programs, so yeah.

My Mood
    Breezy

i swear, i used to have photoshop and couldn't do a damn thing with it either. I have always done ok with Paint, and end up using it alot.

There used to be a program a loooong time ago, for windows 3.0. We had it at school and it was fun, like a paint workshop.

My Mood
    Dead

I've tried Illustrator and Photoshop, and have had the same luck as you. I don't know how people can get images to lay over images and blend them in such nice ways. Beats me.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I like the fact that you put a pawn in the pawnshop window.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

rjeso and John those are so cool. This is going to be a tough vote.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post
    I like the fact that you put a pawn in the pawnshop window.
    I just saw that too, I love it!
    Great work so far from everyone.

Maybe I'll try to do something for this one, we'll see.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Gunslinger Apprentice aurora is on a distinguished road aurora's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Got out of my all day lab early and actually got started on mine! Already have the entire horn itself modeled. Working on the strap now.

My Mood
    Dead

Are you making a 3D model? Duuude, that would be SO COOL.

Gunslinger Apprentice aurora is on a distinguished road aurora's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeppers!

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rjeso View Post
    I chose red and gold because though Arthur was the White King, he was also the Pendragon, and the Pendragon's colors are such.
    Red and White...hmmmmm good job. I like it.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

John, I love yours. I really do. *smiles*
    Anyway noone can be as clumsy as me but I like Gimp. If you have any question about it don't hesitate to ask me. If you find the right way to go on you will fall in love with it.

I wish I could find some time to draw at this weekend. Cross your fingers for me.

Roland would have understood.

My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
    John, I love yours. I really do. *smiles*
    Anyway noone can be as clumsy as me but I like Gimp. If you have any question about it don't hesitate to ask me. If you find the right way to go on you will fall in love with it.

I wish I could find some time to draw at this weekend. Cross your fingers for me.
    thanks hon

Citizen of Gilead CPU is on a distinguished road CPU's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm not completely happy with my results, but I lack the talent to do much better

Originally I'd planned on just modeling the horn (which my extensive, well ok limited, Googling led me to believe is made of brass), and adding a lanyard of some sort. I seem to have ended up with more of the Pipe of Eld, but whateva..

I also never could get a strap modeled very well, so I figured I'd just export and load into another app... to bad I couldn't get the freakin materials to export correctly.. :sigh:

Anywho's I eventually decided it might be cool to show the battle of Jericho Hill and have Cuthbert dropping the horn as he is taken out. To bad an arrow in the eye looks really lame when rendered in 3D so I left out the arrow..

Having given all my excuses in advance, I present the death of Cuthbert and the losing of the Horn of Eld..

My Mood
    Breezy

Dude! that last one was cool.

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Awesome! I really like that animation!

Cuthbert was shot in the eye with an arrow though.

Citizen of Gilead CPU is on a distinguished road CPU's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Anywho's I eventually decided it might be cool to show the battle of Jericho Hill and have Cuthbert dropping the horn as he is taken out. To bad an arrow in the eye looks really lame when rendered in 3D so I left out the arrow..

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast